Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Felix Trindad would CRUSH Hagler...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Felix Trindad would CRUSH Hagler...

As the biggest Felix Trinidad fan here, and yet an extremely knowledgeable and objective boxing fan (ahem, cough, gasp)...... I feel the need to interject with my own personal remarks.

First, it's Marvin..... not Melvin. Our first clue that this was a hastily put together troll thread.

Second, "Marvelous" Marvin was probably one of the greatest, if not THE greatest middleweight champions in the history of boxing. Trinidad started fairly well at middleweight (major props to him for that) by KO'ing William Joppy..... but MW was not Trinidad's natural or best weight, by any means.

So in summary, gentlemen..... I must conclude that while I am a huge Trinidad fan, and consider him one of the greatest champions Puerto Rico and boxing has ever had..... I concur that this is a completely worthless thread, and only serves to bring Trinidad haters to the dinner table.

Good day.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    As the biggest Felix Trinidad fan here, and yet an extremely knowledgeable and objective boxing fan (ahem, cough, gasp)...... I feel the need to interject with my own personal remarks.

First, it's Marvin..... not Melvin. Our first clue that this was a hastily put together troll thread.

Second, "Marvelous" Marvin was probably one of the greatest, if not THE greatest middleweight champions in the history of boxing. Trinidad started fairly well at middleweight (major props to him for that) by KO'ing William Joppy..... but MW was not Trinidad's natural or best weight, by any means.

So in summary, gentlemen..... I must conclude that while I am a huge Trinidad fan, and consider him one of the greatest champions Puerto Rico and boxing has ever had..... I concur that this is a completely worthless thread, and only serves to bring Trinidad haters to the dinner table.

Good day.
    I guess.. one that got outboxed and beat by a drag queen. Don King of course took care of the decision going his way.

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bradlee180 View Post
    I saw southpaw Hagler agaisnt Sugar Ray Leonard and Hagler can't fight backing up.
    Tito Trinidad ALWAYS backs them up, and Trinidad destroyed southpaws like Sweetpeen Whitaker and Groucho Camacho.

Hagler couldn't block a left hook to save his life, and Tito has the most damnable left hook in Boxing history!

Or Trinidad might simply outbox Melvin just like Sugar Ray did, dance to a decision!

Most likely though, Felix Tito Trinidad crushes Ravenous Melvin Hagler in the 1st rd in a classic mismatch.
    Trindad would have two chances against Hagler. Slim and none.....and slim just left town

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You are better than this Brad.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tito was a welterweight... that's where he was great. when he fought at middle, he was pretty good, not great. Hagler would kill Tito at middleweight. Tito would hit Hagler four times with that tight jab...Hagler would get pissed off and dismantle Tito in a true beating.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    You are better than this Brad.
    No, I'm not!

Anyway, did you laugh at all? At the very least, didja crack a smile?

Yeah, Larry always calls De La Hoya "fishnets." He did get robbed against Trinidad.

Roy and Calzaghe dancin':

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this a joke right? Tito is too one dimensional to hang with someone like Hagler. His footwork sucked , Hagler would box his ass off and knock em out even worse than Hops did..

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One dimensional fighters don't amass the records Trinidad did and against the opposition he did it against. Furthermore...... ah fuck..... what the hell am I doing arguing with you for?

You love JuanMa Lopez. Now there's one-dimensional for you.
    But again.... what good does any of this do??

Carry on.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hagler would've only had trouble with Monzon who retired just months before a fight could be arranged. It is probably fortunate for Hagler that Monzon did retire as his first attempt at winning the World Middleweight title ended in a draw in early1979.

I found this interview with Hagler talking about past Middleweights...
    HAGLER:
    Well you know those are great champions and because I think I was a throwback from the old days, like a Sugar Ray Robinson and Gene Fullmer and guys I would say like Jake Lamotta, it was something that I had to do to bring back the respect to the middleweight division. At the time coming up, when the heavyweight division was really notable by Muhammad Ali and Joe Frazier and all these tough guys in the light heavyweight division, you had Bob Foster. In the middleweights we were lacking something, so I was very honored in the sense that I finally started gaining my recognition as one of the top middleweights in the world. But for me still, I feel as though Carlos Monzon was a great champion. It took ten years and we would have loved to have fought him if we had the opportunity, but unfortunately that never happened. So just continuing and looking at guys like Emile Griffith and all these great middleweights. It’s always been the toughest division out there in the world of boxing I feel.

Asked what approach he would take to Monzon?

HAGLER: Well I believe behind my orthodox style I’d probably be fighting him on the inside to get inside his long reach. Just knowing that this guy had a powerful right hand, I mean Monzon had one of the best right hands in the business also besides Tommy Hearns. I couldn't switch against Monzon, his right hand would be a danger, i had learned a lot and i think i could've given him fits. He was tough too and had an iron chin.

Trinidad would have been in trouble with Hagler in every way. I only give Monzon any chance of beating prime Hagler.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Greb, Langford, Burley, Flowers, Steele and Robinson could all beat Hagler.

Guys like Fitzy, Walker, Ryan, Williams and even Roy would have a legit shot.

Tito would not beat him but he's far from unbeatable.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post

I think Monzon had the right hand to cause Robinson trouble and Hagler would have a good go. Robinson was the master at welterweight but not middleweight.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post

I think Monzon had the right hand to cause Robinson trouble and Hagler would have a good go. Robinson was the master at welterweight but not middleweight.
    Was never sold on Monzon. Robinson was a good enough middle to beat Hagler imo

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Heretic, Blasphemous, Sacrilegious moment- HAGLER WASN'T ALL THAT!

Hagler could not beat: Ward, Roy Jones, Hopkins, Ray Robinson, Ray Leonard, Trinidad, Froch or even Kessler in their prime.

He could have beaten: Hearns (in a rematch), Joppy, DLH (knowing DLH is a Jr. Middle, at best), Vargas, Jermaine Taylor and/or Pavlik. But those names aren't going to solidify your stature.

Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post

Hagler could not beat: Ward, Roy Jones, Hopkins, Ray Robinson, Ray Leonard, Trinidad, Froch or even Kessler in their prime.

He could have beaten: Hearns (in a rematch), Joppy, DLH (knowing DLH is a Jr. Middle, at best), Vargas, Jermaine Taylor and/or Pavlik. But those names aren't going to solidify your stature.

I do not want to sound like Bean flicker, but SRR lost the title 5 times, so it was not his best weight.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post

I do not want to sound like Bean flicker, but SRR lost the title 5 times, so it was not his best weight.
    But Hagler couldn't beat him...
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Thread Information