Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LETS GO LOU! Can i gather some Collazofans? /Old school interestingg pics etc!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default LETS GO LOU! Can i gather some Collazofans? /Old school interestingg pics etc!

Aside from the big big names and the legends out there like BHop, Toney etc..

Luis Collazo is probably my favourite current fighter, young and in his prime..

And VERY underrated!

His fighting style is awesome, slick, crafty. hungry fighter, can punch harder then his record suggests, just all together smart fighter.

He kind of reminds me of having a james toney like mind set in the ring, because both luis and toney have thier losses on thier records, but neither fighter acts or fights like they ever really lost a fight..

Toney took some bad decision losses and defeated himself in part against roy jones and peter II by not bieng in shape..

and just like toney i feel like luis has never had a loss that should stop him from going on and fighting the best and making the big bucks,
    the first loss to cassiani was a premature stoppage.. lou looked buzzed but with lou's style and defensive game he would have made it through and in a fight he was winning could havebeen given more of a chance..

but still.. continued on, kept on winning, in boxing you cant be denied if you keep winning so he takes the short notice welterweight title fight and beats rivera in a tough hard fight and takes the decision..

A nice defence and a very entertaining fight against miguel angel gonzalez after that, its not so much the level of opponent that makes these good fights but the performance he put in, the gonzalez fight was entertaining and solid with no mistakes and a tasty stoppage and you cant ask for too much more then that from a young fighter with a new title..

And still to this day i argue this point.. at the time i liked hatton.. now, really not a fan.. And back then i scored the fight a draw, and i dont count the first round knockdown either, he was off balance and tripped over his feet.. this is more of a win to lou then for hatton cause hatton cant count it after he promised luis a rematch and never gave it to him, But it made a name for an otherwise under promoted collazo..
    thats probably the one of the few things i like from don kings promotion..
    He gives his fighters dangerous fights but if your a fighter and you overcome the danger and your willing to fight thenames and fight the hardest fighters then its rewarding to show what you are made of.
    this is no frank warren shit.. Don king will feed you to the lions, but thats just how you show how good you are, just like trinidad, judah, etc.. you cant complain about the way don promotes cause he gives you the big fights.

and of course we have the mosely loss..
    I count this as a test and as something special..
    Shane mosely is probably one of the few current great fighters who can still hang at the top level and still have 'it'.. shane mosely still has it, see the way he fights, see him against miguel cotto, ricardo mayorga, still fighting hard and not slipping. And lou fought him with a broken right thumb..
    So fighting sugar shane, when your southpaw and with no right hand, no jab, thats pretty tough man.. the thumb injury has been a recurring thing with collazo since his amatuer days too..
    He was a great amatuer fighter taking new york golden gloves titles,
    He beat (the currently undefeated) Yuri foreman in a golden gloves final which is funny because Luis collazo, gary stark jr and Yuri foreman all trained together and all had thumb problems in the amatuers and the year before lou fought yuri foreman he couldnt compete in the golden gloves because of it..

But anyway, before round 3.. shane wasnt getting to luis and it was highly contested until his thumb broke.. since then, lou has been under promoted in my opinion, hes taken fights so he can remain busy enough, stayed sharp by staying in the gym, he has been in other fighters camps, was paul williams chief sparring partner for the quintana rematch, and hey look how that turned out for williams..lol and no names since mosely but credible opponents he did have lined up dropped out on him so to stay busy he fought the short notice fighters they gave him..
    On the Jones-tito card he was to fight jorge linares' brother, an undefeated welterweight and on his brothers name quite interesting to see.. but he gets pulled out on..

They wanted to take the number 2 and number 3 ranked wbc contenders and put them in an eliminator for berto.. Like whaat?! why, luis is number one.. it took a hell of alot of effort to get any decent fights and to get his deserved mandatory shot. so hes going to be hungry on saturday!

Bring it home Lou Collazo!
    Last edited by Tito BHB; 01-15-2009 at 02:22 PM.
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: LETS GO LOU! Can i gather some Collazofans?

Yo Tito what's up brother.

I think that Collazo is in over his head here, but I do have a lot of respect for Luis. He is definately slick and has a place at WW. I think if Collazo had come into the division 6 years ago before Mayweather, Margarito and Cotto were at the top of the division he could have been a top name, he would have a reasonable shot of beating Judah and Cory Spinks, definately outpointing Baldomir.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

and just for old schools and interests sake..

A paper cutting i stole.
    Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (29.4 KB, 22 views)
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Collazo very underrated fighter just lacks a big punch which is a shame.I think he will beat Berto on points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    Yo Tito what's up brother.

I think that Collazo is in over his head here, but I do have a lot of respect for Luis. He is definately slick and has a place at WW. I think if Collazo had come into the division 6 years ago before Mayweather, Margarito and Cotto were at the top of the division he could have been a top name, he would have a reasonable shot of beating Judah and Cory Spinks, definately outpointing Baldomir.
    thats cool my dude, i hope we find out man, cause lou wants people to find out He'll fight the mosely's, the cottos, margaritos.. im not just looking for luis to win on saturday but i just feel like its going to be a real exciting fight.
    and i know he'll fight the best and baddest dudes at 147 untill we know how good he is and we'll know whos the best once everyone has been matched up
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Like Collazo alot, but I don't see him taking Berto. I actually think his speed and combinations would work better against Clottey. Berto's punches are so fuckin fast and have alot of pop. Just think his skills will better Collazo this time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lol.. that might be a no then..
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

takes a very special fighter to rock hatton like he did.

Almost pulled off a stunning upset and no way did sugar shane beat him 117-111 when they met as collazo dominated the middle part of that fight!!

Dont give him a hope in hell against berto though
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

wow.. people really rate berto high round here..

Fair game i guess.. hes pretty special and i wont lie i do route for him when he fights usually cause im all for up and coming stars, entertaining and talented dudes.. But collazo is my guy and i think berto has his hands very full..
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tito BHB View Post
    wow.. people really rate berto high round here..

Fair game i guess.. hes pretty special and i wont lie i do route for him when he fights usually cause im all for up and coming stars, entertaining and talented dudes.. But collazo is my guy and i think berto has his hands very full..
    Berto does have his hands full, but so does Collazo. Should be a very good fight. I'm really on the ropes on who will win this one.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post
    takes a very special fighter to rock hatton like he did.

Almost pulled off a stunning upset and no way did sugar shane beat him 117-111 when they met as collazo dominated the middle part of that fight!!

Dont give him a hope in hell against berto though

No it doesn't Ricky Hatton has been rocked many times in his career, by lesser opposition and Shane Mosley did beat Luis Collazo by that amount. What fight were you watching ? Luis Collazo dominated the middle part of that fight ? he won a few of the early rounds then lost all the remaining rounds, whether he had a broken hand or not. He did lose by that amount it was just bad luck for Luis Collazo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think its going to be pretty close, both guys could get hurt, knocked down..

i dont think either is going to let themselves get stopped..

Both young, fit skillfull guys, i think it could be real entertaining
    Immortal Technique

ICB Guest

Well Steve Forbes gave Andre Berto a few problems, with his slickness style and he countered Andre Berto quite alot and made him miss in the first 6 rounds or so. And he went 12 rounds with Andre Berto.

You could maybe look at that fight and say that it could look similar to Steve Forbes vs Andre Berto. With Luis Collazo making Andre Berto miss alot, and making him look bad at times in the early going. But his low output will be his worst enemy in the later rounds against the whirl wind Andre Berto.

Who has high energy and high output for all 12 rounds, just look at the Steve Forbes fight he still looked fresh and never looked any different from the 1st round to the 12th round. I say Luis Collazo does better than Steve Forbes, but i still see it being similar to that fight. But more competitive and exciting with Andre Berto winning a UD with scores like 116/112, 115/112, 116/113, something along those lines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A paper cutting i stole.
    Wow they were young there...where you get the pics my man
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post

A paper cutting i stole.
    Wow they were young there...where you get the pics my man
    Gary stark uploadedd um, guess he musta kept the paper from way back and scanned it up, got a couple more i pinched so i'll put a couple more up. Thier pretty cool.
    Immortal Technique

Thread Information