Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Timothy Bradley Jr. vs. Ruslan Provodnikov - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Timothy Bradley Jr. vs. Ruslan Provodnikov - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Howlin Mad Missy said:

I find myself agreeing with miles..
    Never agree with miles, he speaks with forked-tongue.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Timothy Bradley Jr. vs. Ruslan Provodnikov - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I had to turn it off by I think by rd 4 or 5. Lapdog and crew were firmly attached to Timmy's nut sack. The ref was even looking for a way to get Timmy out of it the freakin hack.
    Kellerman was the one calling Lamps and Jones on it throughout. He tried to reel them in as they were all over Bradley.

How anyone scored the 11th Bradley is a mystery to me.

I was going to say that Max is the last bastion of objectivity on the broadcasts but unfortunately in order to listen to him I have to listen to Lapdog and hired guests. I could not believe Roy. Never heard that kind of bias from him before.
    Love Roy as a boxer, but he was absolutely terrible as a commentator last night. Cheer leading for Bradley the whole way and pompously comparing his heart to his own courage in the ring. It was nice to see Bradley get dropped at the end and shut Roy up. He was imagining punches hurting Provodnikov "really bad" when they weren't doing all that much damage.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Early contender for the fight of the year in my book. Great clash. Bradley eeked out a decision, but Ruslan showed himself on a world stage. With the bad taste left in fight fans' mouths after Bradley beat Pacquiao last year, this was a good way for Bradley to earn his way back into onto their good side. I'm excited about seeing him in his next fight, whether it be Marquez, Rios, Pacquiao, or Alvarado.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow wow wow, what a great fight!

Timothy Bradley vs Ruslan Provodnikov - fight Video WBO 2013

Highlights
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just watched the fight, I scored it 115-110 Provodnikov (scored both rounds 1 and 2 10-. At best, I could see it as a draw, but I thought it was a pretty clear win for Provodnikov. 115-112 is a criminal score.

The entire HBO, bar Kellerman, was awful. Roy Jones was the worst I have ever heard him. He reminded me of a punch-drunk George Foreman.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its always a shame when an inept ref decision changes the outcome of a fight. Score the first round a knockdown and the fight gets scored a Draw and an obvious rematch takes place, not to mention an extra deserved payday for Provodnikov.
    maineventboxing.wordpress.com - my mates boxing blog, check it out for fight articles and fight predictions

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had it 114-113 Provodnikov
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just watched the fight now and WOW! Mad props to both guys. I had rounds 1, 2, 6, 12 for provo and the 11th possibly...hbo should just show the guys the money and have em go at it again, not sure how bradley didn't go down four or five times, as opposed to just twice, even if only one counted. Not a bad decision I don't think but sucks for provo that it came down to a noncall on a kd. Also the commentary was a bit biased from roy but kellerman I felt kept both roy and lampley in check for the most part haha.
    Last edited by armin; 03-18-2013 at 03:06 AM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didn't score the fight while I was watching it, but I thought it was a close fight either way. It wasn't a Campillo-Cloud, Rios-Abril type of decision to me. That's just me. I thought Bradley out-hustled Provodnikov in many of the middle rounds, but Provodnikov started strong, and closed strong.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    I didn't score the fight while I was watching it, but I thought it was a close fight either way. It wasn't a Campillo-Cloud, Rios-Abril type of decision to me. That's just me. I thought Bradley out-hustled Provodnikov in many of the middle rounds, but Provodnikov started strong, and closed strong.
    Completely agreed because campillo cloud was just one of those fights where I don't see how a reasonable non biased person could have it for cloud. This on the other hand I could see having either guy be the winner, and a draw perhaps would have been most fair. Hopefully provo can get a few name fights of this and isn't relegated back to fnfs

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    I had to turn it off by I think by rd 4 or 5. Lapdog and crew were firmly attached to Timmy's nut sack. The ref was even looking for a way to get Timmy out of it the freakin hack.
    Kellerman was the one calling Lamps and Jones on it throughout. He tried to reel them in as they were all over Bradley.

I was going to say that Max is the last bastion of objectivity on the broadcasts but unfortunately in order to listen to him I have to listen to Lapdog and hired guests. I could not believe Roy. Never heard that kind of bias from him before.
    Love Roy as a boxer, but he was absolutely terrible as a commentator last night. Cheer leading for Bradley the whole way and pompously comparing his heart to his own courage in the ring. It was nice to see Bradley get dropped at the end and shut Roy up. He was imagining punches hurting Provodnikov "really bad" when they weren't doing all that much damage.
    I've never been a fan of RJJ, either as a human being, boxer or an announcer, that's just the way it is, I almost always mute the sound when he's calling a fight on HBO.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post

I've never been a fan of RJJ, either as a human being, boxer or an announcer, that's just the way it is, I almost always mute the sound when he's calling a fight on HBO.
    Whats not to like ? He was an amazing fighter and is a nice man.

Shit commentator last night though.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post

Whats not to like ? He was an amazing fighter and is a nice man.

Shit commentator last night though.
    Just never have cared for the dude, my favorite RJJ fights were the 1st Tarver fight and when he got destroyed by Glenn Johnson. As for his announcing, the first go round with HBO was the RJJ appreciation show, with Lampley and Merchant taking turns telling him how fucking great he was and sticking their nose up his, egotistical, game cock fighting, rapper ass.
    Since he's come back to HBO the 2nd time, I just can't take the shit that dribbles out of his mouth, I feel pretty sure that he gave Bradley a blow job after the fight last night, the way he was hanging on his nuts. (Lampley too)

Hey, you asked @Hulk
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 03-18-2013 at 05:28 AM.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I saw 2 KD's in the fight, but certainly not 3. I wouldn't give the second round 10-8 either as Bradley was fighting back and you don't give 10-8 rounds unless there is a knockdown or there is practically nothing coming back AND being hurt. Where do you draw the line? 10-8 Bradley round 3 as nothing was coming back from Provodnikov? No point in that, so I don't give 10-8's easily. So one KD and a few points margin Bradley or even with two and just a close fight with a puncher getting outworked in most of the rounds.

Bradley fought like a plank though and draw would have been a lesson well taught and a definite rematch. I thought Bradley won though and fair enough to those who disagree as the KD should have been scored and that final round was another 2 points banked. Two 10-8 rounds and some potential swing rounds does create questions regarding how you are scoring and appraising rounds.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jones was reduced to silence and laugh in the 11th when Kellerman called him on "No Max hes not feeling these punches at all. They are only hitting the top of Tims head and not connecting on his chin so hes really not hurt"...Max basically shut him down off that

114-113 still after replay. Round 6th was this fight in a nut shell. Quality over quantity.

Thread Information