Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Adrien Broner at least watchable?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Is Adrien Broner at least watchable?

I'm gonna admit it to you here guys and gyals: I haven't watched an Adrien Broner fight since he lost to Marco Maidana. I caught the highlight replay of his fight vs. Porter, but was not inclined to watch him.

Has he lost his watchability to you? I think he has. I mean, it's not even worth tuning in to see if he potentially will get his ass handed to him, because quite frankly that has already happened. LOL...

Adrien will most likely go on to be a music executive. I don't see him doing movies like Victor Ortiz, at the very least.

The Adrien Broner train has come to a slow, yet grinding, halt. His last few screeches down the track was at Mayweather in a contrived internal battle between he and some of Mayweather's house fighters. Of course Mayweather is using him to get his club-fighters over, so it's up to Broner to take the bait and win or lose.

But, if he wants any semblance of a decent pay-check for the next three to four years WITHOUT being the punching-bag for guys either staying busy or guys trying to make a name for themselves, then he has to beat anyone that Mayweather hypes up to him- trash them soundly- and then stay the fuck out of the Mayweather camp!

Word!
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is Adrien Broner at least watchable?

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    I'm gonna admit it to you here guys and gyals: I haven't watched an Adrien Broner fight since he lost to Marco Maidana. I caught the highlight replay of his fight vs. Porter, but was not inclined to watch him.

Has he lost his watchability to you? I think he has. I mean, it's not even worth tuning in to see if he potentially will get his ass handed to him, because quite frankly that has already happened. LOL...

Adrien will most likely go on to be a music executive. I don't see him doing movies like Victor Ortiz, at the very least.

The Adrien Broner train has come to a slow, yet grinding, halt. His last few screeches down the track was at Mayweather in a contrived internal battle between he and some of Mayweather's house fighters. Of course Mayweather is using him to get his club-fighters over, so it's up to Broner to take the bait and win or lose.

But, if he wants any semblance of a decent pay-check for the next three to four years WITHOUT being the punching-bag for guys either staying busy or guys trying to make a name for themselves, then he has to beat anyone that Mayweather hypes up to him- trash them soundly- and then stay the fuck out of the Mayweather camp!

Word!
    No doubt, Broner is probably the biggest prick in Boxing. but..........credit where credit is due, he doesn't avoid anyone , he does have talent, is a 4 weight World Champion and he is TOUGH!
    He's not the quitter you would expect him to be. He needs to fucking grow up, get a humility transplant , keep to 140lbs maximum and get a decent team around him . He'd be alright then.
    We can live in hope, can't we?

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Adrian Bone_head is °*smack able*°
    But not watchable @Bill Paxtom parentheses make no mistake about it he is still here among us parentheses

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, he's not great to watch but certainly not bad, if he was a 180 in persona people would probably really like him. He's got bad feet or at least doesn't use them, I don't think thats going to change so there are certain people he just isnt likely to beat, BUT he is a tricky counter puncher, he is really tough, and he carries his power throughout a fight. It's actually quite impressive that he probably took the 12th rounds against both Maidana and Porter, I wouldn't be surprised to see him score and upset or two along the road.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Depends really. As long as he is getting beat up and still losing his big name fights, why yes, yes I find him very watchable

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Depends really. As long as he is getting beat up and still losing his big name fights, why yes, yes I find him very watchable

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I personally think Broner is his own worst enemy. I think he is blessed with a shed load of natural talent but he seemed so busy trying to come across as the new Floyd that he seemed to get lost in that and throw everything away. I also think he should have stayed around at lightweight a lot longer but that would have required more discipline than he seems capable of showing. It's a sad case really for him and boxing.

There was a time that I thought he would have wiped the floor with Khan but not now!

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's a complete tool but I find his style interesting and where he operates from.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He should be better but he is not. His fight with Porter was boring. He is tough but I don't give him credit for taking hard fights anymore because they are money fights. When you are at the top of the division, its a gamble to take big fights. When you are where he is, its no risk and all reward.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

broner frets and prances upon the canvASS
    struts and wiggles his stupid compASS
    gets deep into a morASS
    can't fight without a cutlASS

he eats only sea bASS
    and claims he stole someone's lASS
    alll his fights we should give a pASS
    ---IT AINT HOT AIR comin' out his mouth but FART GASS

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A one trick pony with a load of potential he never bothers to develop. He looks impressive taking shots on the arms and shoulders, then landing counter shots right down the pike... but a big part of that is due to the fact that his opponents cant resist being baited into racking up points on a sitting duck with a wide stance. Even those guys know that if they keep chopping he'll eventually fall or bail and lose on points. If he fought a guy with power and movement that picked at him from angles (maybe see what kind of power Postol has developed at the wild card), I think he'd get embarrassed and we'd really see how limited he has kept himself

Moments like this are why i tune in...
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brocks just outdone himself with that thing. Pace yourself mate long weekend ahead of us

Beginning to think Broner will jump back the welter, the division is stacked. Sammy Vasquez would muff him up. That or he fights Algieri

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is he watchable? If those that can 't stand him and get their wish for him to be defeated, yes he's watchable but because of the following. He wants to be like Floyd and forgets it's early to bed and early to rise. You have to put effort in training which he doesn't. You have to listen and learn because a boxer's career is shortened sometimes by one punch. He has plenty of false inspiration and it is obvious by the company he keeps as in Floyd., One does not become a scholar reading bubble gum wrappers. Sometimes age is not just a number, it has it's complications and sooner or later when the tools are gone, ,you cannot apologize to age. Teddy Atlas might be free between fights coaching Bradley. Discipline good coaching, getting rid of the entourage which is no fucking good for him. IT'S TIME TO KEEP HIS LEFT UP AND USE HIS GIFT OF MOBILITY TO MOVE AROUND THE RING AN D STAY IN THE CENTER AND THROW PUNCHES IN BUNCHES. DON'T PLAY AROUND WITH PEOPLE THAT CAN KNOCK YOU OUT. That said he might be watchable and not write a check with his mouth that his ass can't cash. (Courtesy of the USMC)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I happen to think Broner doesn't have good offense. He is slow with some of his shots, he waits too often to counter-punch shots he misses, he swings wide, doesn't seem to carry pop every time he throws, plus his punch output to me and connect percentage seems very, very low for a Welterweight/Jr. Welterweight.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post

Word!
    Broner is a talent but he does NO it, he is a obnoxious individual good fighter until he opens his gob
    he feels he needs to talk trash, and with his father Cedric The Entertainer a good double act.
    Trouble is Broner trys to be a cheap version of Mayweather, and cheap is the word Floyd upset a lot
    of people with his trash talk, Broner will never be a loved fighter just a tolerated one.

Thread Information