Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Europe needs to learn this lesson: ECB/IMF/EU are Vultures

Greece is not going to budge. Nor should they. Tsipras is a real man, a virile, testosterone-filled man, and so is Yanis Varoufakis, and they will not bow down to the Troika. Nor should they. Varoufakis has big balls, and all Euro-gals want his children. The ghosts of Anaxagoras and Parmenides.

As an American I can say that the EU must give in to the Greeks' demands: write down the principal, for starters, and forgive at the very least 50% of the loans and waive any repayments.

But the Greeks do not give a rat's ass about any deadlines. Varoufakis only considers 30% of the loans to have been toxic. He has given some ground and shown some flexibility. The measures forced on Hellas have been unduly harsh, that goes without saying. It doesn't take a Masters Degree in International Finance from the #1 international graduate business school in the world, Thunderbird - The American School of Global Management (my alma mater) to understand that the agreement with its creditors requires Greece to double its primary budget surplus (meaning a surplus before interest payments) to 3 percent this year and increase it to 4.5 percent next year.

Ain't gonna happen, Ms. Merkel. The damage to the Greek economy by the financial crisis rivals that done to the German economy by the loss of World War I.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Europe needs to learn this lesson: ECB/IMF/EU are Vultures

Greece should swing towards Asia if the Europeans want to carry on with the bully boy bankster squid approach.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Greece should swing towards Asia if the Europeans want to carry on with the bully boy bankster squid approach.

Oh absolutely. Greeks don't drink tea with their pinkies turned up. Its Greece "cutting the bankster-vultures loose" not the "oh we are cutting you loose" spin-doctor statements from the troika scum.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Greece is more important to the EU than the other way round. Greece will struggle terribly, but they will find their feet and give new credence to the Bric bank. In leaving there is a strong possibility of an EU domino effect and that would be good too as individual nations will make up their own mind about Russia and then hopefully Europe and Russia can normalise things. With half the EU gone, then the Ukraine is left as nothing more than an obvious attempt to get NATO on Russia's border and with more countries backing Russia, that won't happen. Then you probably have an EU implosion and the NWO back to square one. Few will cry.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Greece is more important to the EU than the other way round. Greece will struggle terribly, but they will find their feet and give new credence to the Bric bank. In leaving there is a strong possibility of an EU domino effect and that would be good too as individual nations will make up their own mind about Russia and then hopefully Europe and Russia can normalise things. With half the EU gone, then the Ukraine is left as nothing more than an obvious attempt to get NATO on Russia's border and with more countries backing Russia, that won't happen. Then you probably have an EU implosion and the NWO back to square one. Few will cry.
    I, as an American with a Masters degree, know for a fact that the EU is going to implode, yes indeed Miles.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Minutes of an IMF meeting were leaked to the Wall Street Journal last year. They show that when Greece was forced into the 2010 bailout it was to protect the Euro from collapse and to bail out eurobanks who had all lent huge sums to Greece.

IMF Document Excerpts: Disagreements Revealed - Real Time Economics - WSJ

Everybody knew at the time that Greece needed debt restructuring and that they'd never be able to pay the debt they were being loaded up with. And it's amazing to read that privately governments all agree that austerity damages economies while publicly they claim the opposite. Austerity is obviously just a tool to slash the welfare state and worker protections and benefits, to turn Europe into Asia as far as big business is concerned. Actually it's not amazing at all, is it.

Probably what happens now :

They come up with some sort of last minute compromise extension agreement to kick the can down the road for another two/four/six months until they can negotiate something better. More when I have the time.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    I, as an American with a Masters degree, know for a fact that the EU is going to implode, yes indeed Miles.
    I think so too, but think of it in a positive way. The EU is a bad concept and the nation state should never have been corroded as it has. You have to look at the local environment to run a system in the interests of the local population and the EU doesn't have that capacity. The best thing is to let Greece go and just face up to the fact that others want out too. The EU elite won't let it go without trying to screw over more people first, but whatever. Russia had to change, now it's Europe's turn and hopefully too other heavily indebted nations. You can either pay off bankers forever, or you can start to work in the interests of your people. These elite seem to be in the wrong job and need to be removed and the system changed.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A bit off topic but when does Merkles term end. Seems like she's been ruling forever. I know little of German politics other than Hitler ran the place for a while.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    A bit off topic but when does Merkles term end. Seems like she's been ruling forever. I know little of German politics other than Hitler ran the place for a while.
    he did build several orphanages.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The way I see it Hitler went for Europe directly and it didn't work. Germany took stock and realised that next time out it would have to be by stealth and now they have all of Europe! Clever bunch. As usual, it has to fall. They always do it by pushing Russia too far!

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The way I see it Hitler went for Europe directly and it didn't work. Germany took stock and realised that next time out it would have to be by stealth and now they have all of Europe! Clever bunch. As usual, it has to fall. They always do it by pushing Russia too far!
    excellent analysis. I myself could not have put it so succinctly. Good show Miles

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Minutes of an IMF meeting were leaked to the Wall Street Journal last year. They show that when Greece was forced into the 2010 bailout it was to protect the Euro from collapse and to bail out eurobanks who had all lent huge sums to Greece.

Everybody knew at the time that Greece needed debt restructuring and that they'd never be able to pay the debt they were being loaded up with. And it's amazing to read that privately governments all agree that austerity damages economies while publicly they claim the opposite. Austerity is obviously just a tool to slash the welfare state and worker protections and benefits, to turn Europe into Asia as far as big business is concerned. Actually it's not amazing at all, is it.

They come up with some sort of last minute compromise extension agreement to kick the can down the road for another two/four/six months until they can negotiate something better. More when I have the time.
    Here is my tradesman style take on it all.
    Call it a gut feeling.

Greeces mega rich could all put in and pull them up out of anything easily with the right plan and implementations. They will not do that. Instead they will keep their cash and reserves abroad and safe instead.

I recon with Russia China Brazil India and South Africa now working together to create their own fair trade new world order and new banking system:

Countries who have been taken to the cleaners by the Anglo American alliance will also eventually take their business there.

The Anglo American so called 'Christian' World order that has reigned supreme, will do what its always done and go for the control panel via military means and take control or mess up others lines of what it can in the middle east and other spots of friction.

Australia would do well to cut ties and go with the Chinese plan for Eurasia. If we dont we will have Indonesia to deal with, maybe in the same way the States deals with problems outside of itself, not the way the Chinese do,which is so much smarter.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post

Here is my tradesman style take on it all.
    Call it a gut feeling.

Greeces mega rich could all put in and pull them up out of anything easily with the right plan and implementations. They will not do that. Instead they will keep their cash and reserves abroad and safe instead.

I recon with Russia China Brazil India and South Africa now working together to create their own fair trade new world order and new banking system:

Countries who have been taken to the cleaners by the Anglo American alliance will also eventually take their business there.

The Anglo American so called 'Christian' World order that has reigned supreme, will do what its always done and go for the control panel via military means and take control or mess up others lines of what it can in the middle east and other spots of friction.

Australia would do well to cut ties and go with the Chinese plan for Eurasia. If we dont we will have Indonesia to deal with, maybe in the same way the States deals with problems outside of itself, not the way the Chinese do,which is so much smarter.
    I agree Australia would really benefit from going with Beijing's plan for the region. But I have a feeling that Australia is too connected to that Anglo American Club, and it seems it would be next to impossible for them to just make such a shift. I wish they would, it'd be a signal to the rest of that Anglo World that flexible thinking outside the box and compromise rather than confrontation are the ways to success.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm a little bit disappointed that Greece is compromising to the vultures. The banks have failed and that is not the responsibility of society. Governments don't seem to work in the interests of the people anymore. The banks have a gun to everyone's head saying 'Do what we want or we blow up your society'. That is financial terrorism. Then of course you have the super rich hiding all their billions and governments borrowing to pay promises they could never afford. Why does it always have to be passed on to ordinary people. Is it right that there are Greeks eating out of rubbish bins, that the young cannot find work, that the rich are beyond all law? It's rotten, the entire system seems rotten.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm a little bit disappointed that Greece is compromising to the vultures. The banks have failed and that is not the responsibility of society. Governments don't seem to work in the interests of the people anymore. The banks have a gun to everyone's head saying 'Do what we want or we blow up your society'. That is financial terrorism. Then of course you have the super rich hiding all their billions and governments borrowing to pay promises they could never afford. Why does it always have to be passed on to ordinary people. Is it right that there are Greeks eating out of rubbish bins, that the young cannot find work, that the rich are beyond all law? It's rotten, the entire system seems rotten.
    somebody high up in the kabbalah must have bent over and taking it up the ass for several nights in a row at various champagne parties in Brussels and Strasbourg

Thread Information