1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Dubois vs Joyce confirmed for Nov 28th

Just announced on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/frankwarren_tv/s...28070008176640

Surprised this one has been put back on. I was convinced that it was derailed for a good while yet so fair play for them getting it back on.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Dubois vs Joyce confirmed for Nov 28th

Daniel Dubois vs Joe Joyce date announced, fight taken off of pay-per-view in UK

Daniel Dubois vs Joe Joyce is now officially set for November 28 and has been taken off of pay-per-view in the UK.

The fantastic fight between unbeaten British heavyweights was originally announced for April 11 on BT Sport Box Office for £19.95.

However, when lockdown came into effect it was pushed back to July 11 and then to October 24.

Promoter Frank Warren had insisted that a paying crowd would be needed to make the event work out financially, but a new deal was struck to ensure the bout will go on regardless.

Last week, it was announced that Dubois vs Joyce was now agreed to go on behind closed doors.

Now a further change has been made, taking the bout away from the pay-per-view platform and placing it on regular BT.

Warren explained: “This is about keeping boxing alive and relevant at a tough time and doing something for the fans and we have moved heaven and earth to put this on as a BT Sport subscription Fight Night instead.

“With boxing still being behind closed doors and struggling back to its feet post-lockdown, I wanted to give something of a gift to British boxing fans.

“Dubois versus Joyce is the best fight on the British boxing calendar and I want this to be something as many people as possible can enjoy.

“It’s a bonus that the added exposure gained from the fight will really help the boxers as they move forward with their careers.

“Above all, this is about making sure that the fans are looked after and this fight will be available to BT Sport subscribers.

“Queensberry and BT Sport are looking forward to delivering a huge night of boxing, so let’s make sure the eyes of the country, and the world, are on British boxing come November 28th.

“I owe a huge debt of gratitude to BT Sport for being willing to make this happen.

“I sound like a broken record I’m sure, but sometimes you have to put the sport and the fans first.

“Queensberry gets that and BT Sport gets that. ‘For the fans’, it’s what it’s all about.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/7...oe-joyce-date/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Dubois vs Joyce confirmed for Nov 28th

Boxing promoter Bob Arum labels Sky Sports ‘an absolute disgrace’ for staging PPVs during pandemic

Bob Arum has launched a scathing attack on fellow boxing promoter Eddie Hearn and broadcasters Sky Sports for their decision to stage pay-per-view events during the coronavirus pandemic.

The pandemic has caused many people in Britain and around the world to lose their jobs or receive wage cuts, but Hearn and his promotion Matchroom Boxing have continued to put on PPV fight nights on Sky over the last six months.

And the decision to do so has angered Arum.

“These networks have to understand how people are hurting,” the Top Rank Boxing founder and CEO said. “How many people in this country [America] and in the UK are out of work because of this pandemic.

“And I think it’s really immoral to require people to spend money watching their favourite sport every week, every other week. What Sky Sports is doing in the UK is an absolute disgrace.

“I don’t care if they never buy a fight from me. What they’re doing now is a disgrace.

“I’m sure if Sky really supported boxing, [they’d] put up money to see some of these fights, which are good fights but are not PPV quality.

“Like [Oleksandr] Usyk and [Derek] Chisora. That’s a good fight, but it’s not a PPV fight. Why the hell isn’t Sky buying that fight to show it to their subscribers without sulking them 25 quid, right?

“I mean, it’s wrong,” the American continued. “There’s a point in time, particularly now with what everybody is going through, where these networks have to understand that this is the time for them to give back.”

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/box...101135572.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information