Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: When Koki Kameda's cocky ass got a taste of the Korean heart... underdog story

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default When Koki Kameda's cocky ass got a taste of the Korean heart... underdog story

When a Mexican colllides with a Puerto Rican, you know some shit is going to go down..

When a Filipino fights a Mexican, somebody is getting hurt..

When a Korean goes up against a Japanese, you can bet your ass that he'll put himself in another place, mentally, and fight as if his life is on the line.. Korea and Japan have been going at it for years in soccer, baseball, and in boxing. Even though Boxing is all but dead in Korea, when an unknown Korean faces an established Japanese opponent, the unexpected happens. It's weird how the mind works.. The mentality of Korean athletes is like defeat by others can be forgotten, but a losing to a Japanese is unnacceptable..

Jung Oh sun was a a borderline journeyman with 20 wins 5 losses and 6 KO victories... Team Kameda cherrypicked him thinking it'll be an easy fight. In fact they were so confident that Kameda agreed to face the Challenger in his backyard of Korea.. During the press conference, Kameda disrespected Oh Sun by eating a bowl of Kimchi lol and at that point, everybody knew he just done fucked up.. You gotta be either stupid in the head, disrespectful, or just plain crazy to fuck with a Korean in his backyard..

Oh Sun put himself in the zone after kameda pulled that stunt as he went into the fight to either kill or be killed. Oh it was on like a motherfucker!

Kameda escaped with an SD decision but dude got knocked down in the 10th and got seriously hurt and bombed on by the feather fisted Oh Sun.. motherfucker felt the Korean fury that night..

I admit this was the last boxing match that got me choked up. Watching Oh Sung fight with so much passion put me on the verge of tears and shit like no other.. This dude fought his heart out and he could have easily got the decision...

Last edited by FinitoElDinamita; 04-02-2014 at 08:57 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: When Koki Kameda's cocky ass got a taste of the Korean heart... underdog story

I saw the fight again recently and it was pretty obvious Kameda was just going through the motions. He didn't take him seriously and paid for it. But even with the knock down, I still had Kameda winning the fight. I think Kameda stops him in a rematch

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: When Koki Kameda's cocky ass got a taste of the Korean heart... underdog story

I didn't see anyone getting a cock in their @$$ there, whaddya talkin' about?!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bradlee180 View Post
    I didn't see anyone getting a cock in their @$$ there, whaddya talkin' about?!

Hahaha! You lil asshole!
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just looked at that highlight.

Yep, basically a 2nd tier fighter was feeling the motivation and was inspired, and was beating on a more talented 1st tier fighter, imposing his will on the more talented fighter, driving him back.

1st tier fighters have more innate talent than the most dedicated 2nd or 3rd tier fighters, but even 1st tier guys have to train hard and prepare properly or they could lose to less talented fighters, especially if the lesser-talented guy shows up with passion and conditioning.

The Lennox Lewis/Rahman fights are an example of that.

Thread Information