0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: ~ NFL Thread ~

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    My condolences to Silverback...

The Vikings just lost...
    That was a game they could have won...

What the hell were all those penalties about when GB was on the goal line?!

Do we play the niners this season?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The 9ers will still win the west imo. They have the best defense in the West by far and the division is weak. The first game is always funny, the 9ers went 2-0 last year to start off before being smacked back down to reality. Yet I'm more encouraged with our 0-1 then I am our 2-0 last year which was the product of a really good defense and the offense nnot doing anything but simply not screwing up to bad. Our offense looked very good, Gore has returned to form and will have an absolutely massive year. O'Sullivan is the real deal, keeps his composure and has tremendous improvisation ability and really didn't make all that many mistakes, the interception was a last minute read that shouldn't have been thrown but that was kind of flukey as the defender had tripped and was just trying to catch up to his guy over the middle of the field. The other 4 turnovers were fumbles off a short kick to Takeo Spikes and that was the play that cost us the game.

Still, the defense looks great with Lawson back and Haralson and Justin Smith got to the quarterback a lot against one of the better lines in the conference. 9ers will be just fine this year imo.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My teams are the Seahawks (who are my main team, the others are my secondary teams), the Bengals (though I probably won't be a fan for much longer with the ownership they have), the Raiders, and the Browns (I know, it's sacrilidge to cheer for the Bengals and the Browns).

I'm in for a long year, unless the Browns or the 'Hawks can surprise me.
    Last edited by CFH; 09-09-2008 at 03:37 AM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    The 9ers will still win the west imo. They have the best defense in the West by far and the division is weak. The first game is always funny, the 9ers went 2-0 last year to start off before being smacked back down to reality. Yet I'm more encouraged with our 0-1 then I am our 2-0 last year which was the product of a really good defense and the offense nnot doing anything but simply not screwing up to bad. Our offense looked very good, Gore has returned to form and will have an absolutely massive year. O'Sullivan is the real deal, keeps his composure and has tremendous improvisation ability and really didn't make all that many mistakes, the interception was a last minute read that shouldn't have been thrown but that was kind of flukey as the defender had tripped and was just trying to catch up to his guy over the middle of the field. The other 4 turnovers were fumbles off a short kick to Takeo Spikes and that was the play that cost us the game.

Still, the defense looks great with Lawson back and Haralson and Justin Smith got to the quarterback a lot against one of the better lines in the conference. 9ers will be just fine this year imo.
    High five amat you keep my spirits up...

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jim Hostler was the reason we were so shit last year, no doubt about it. He had a good thing in Gore, but then decided to stack the line every play and only pass on 3rd and long. He was the worst coordinator in the league last year. By weak 3 against Pittsburgh, teams realized that they had 0 confidence in Alex Smith and would put 9 in the box literally every play. It didn't only effect the passing game but the running game because Gore got a bunch of touches but the offense wasn't spread out enough and teams knew what they were doing everytime. It was the most predictable offense in the league, Gore, Gore, Gore. And it was rush, rush, rush. At least this year he will be involved in the pass game like 06.

I am an Alex Smith apologist, I thought he was a good quarterback and showed that in the back half of the 07 season, a guy who was elusive and could make stuff happen outside of the pocket. But he was obviously shaken and doesn't fit into the Martz offense where timing patterns are everything and I think he's lost all his confidence where O'Sullivan has moxy and he doesn't get flustered very easily, I think he'll be good for the team. I think Smith should go to San Diego and hook up again with Norv Turner as Rivers' backup as Rivers has a different injury every other day.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post

That division is weak. But they still ain't got no shot. Except for Gore there offense is garbage. You got J.T O'Sullivan at quarterback. And old as Issac Bruce and former first round bust Bryant Johnson as your top receivers. That's just sad.

On a side note. my Denver Broncos looked good smashing the biitch ass Raiders. Chargers are next.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We have more then that VD. Vernon Davis is the best blocking TE in the league and a guy who is a bad matchup for everyone. Josh Morgan has looked very good this preseason as a deep threat, drawing a lot of comparisions to Marques Colston from last year, same type of player. Bruce I don't think will factor into the offense much except for those skinny posts and curls he still runs well but either way he's certainly an upgrade from Darrell Jackson.

Plus the defense will be what wins us our games, their stats from last year were worse then what they really were because they spent more time on the field then any unit in the league, offense or defense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    My condolences to Silverback...

The Vikings just lost...
    That was a game they could have won...

What the hell were all those penalties about when GB was on the goal line?!

Do we play the niners this season?
    I picked the vikings to win this damn game and they couldn't pull it out. like you said they should have won if it wasn't for all the penaltys.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Big division win for my Titans, defense is looking strong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest View Post
    Big division win for my Titans, defense is looking strong.
    I couldn't believe your defense had 7 sacks on Garrard. The Jags Oline is pretty shitty right now though 3 of there starters are hurt.
    My boys play the Jags this weekend, I"m hoping we can go in there and take advantage of there weakened oline, and walk away with the Win.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Associated Press: Titans asked for police help to find QB Young

Vince Young and his standing with the Titans is fairly bizarre. He seems like a pretty simple guy for a quarterback but he seems to have the team worried whether it was the talks in the offseason about him retiring, the Wonderlic debacle and now this, seems a bit dramatic of the Titans to call police but obviously they know something we don't. Why his hometown fans booed him is beyond me, he is the best thing to happen to that team since the days of McNair and George and he's done more with less as far as recievers go then probably any qb in the league.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He isn't making good throws lately, overthrowing and too many int's. He has problems reading coverage. It is probably due to Heimerdinger being back as offensive co-ordinator. I miss all the trickery they used to pull when McNair was QB. Vince needs to get settled in and not worry so much about being the superstar....he may be a bit of an attention whore. Right now the passing game is horrid, we rely on a strong running game and strong d....oh and I think it was his family or one of his friends who was concerned and contacted the Titans.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

NFL is a long secondary to Boxing for me but Can the Saints put it together this year ??Seems they have quite a few offensive weapons.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    My teams are the Seahawks (who are my main team, the others are my secondary teams), the Bengals (though I probably won't be a fan for much longer with the ownership they have), the Raiders, and the Browns (I know, it's sacrilidge to cheer for the Bengals and the Browns).

I'm in for a long year, unless the Browns or the 'Hawks can surprise me.
    Woo Hoo!!! I found someone here that likes my Browns!!!!!!!!!

I know they lost Sunday, but I don't care, I love them win or lose!!! Hey, we got off to a slow start last year, and ended up with only 6 losses, which is the lowest we've had in awhile.

It sucks though, we have been plagued with injuries already, and Phil Savage didn't do enough in the off season to help out our defense, especially in the defensive backs department.

And of course we have to face those fuking Steelers this week. I hate the Steelers!!
    Last edited by Diane; 09-10-2008 at 01:25 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    On a side note. my Denver Broncos looked good smashing the biitch ass Raiders. Chargers are next.
    You're a Bronco's fan?

I'm actually going to be sitting in the Dawg Pound for the Browns vs the Bronco's game, on Thursday Night Football, November 6th. I can't wait!!!!

Hmmm, we might just have to put a bet on that game.

Thread Information