Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Advice for burning fat.

Im a bit on the chubby side, and just lifting weights all the time doesnt realy help me get lighter (Get even heavier). I was thinking of doing about 200 jumping jacks between every set of reps i do with wieghts, and then some sit ups (with a hoody and beanie to produce more sweat). If I do this about every day could I make some good progress?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Advice for burning fat.

Running and possibly skipping is essential for weight loss, you wont lose weight by making your muscles bigger.

Lots of cardio vascular work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sheps is right plenty of cardio work- skipping, running and any other exercise you can do for 45 minutes. Speed sessions mixed in gives variation and helps to raise your metabolism.

It's good to sweat during workouts through hard work and intensity. Don't bother about wearing loads of clothes during a workout. You'll replace the sweat you lose when you have a drink - so don't dehydrate yourself unnecessarily.

Good luck and train hard.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

'Weight' is a pretty broad term here guys, everything has a weight, not just fat... in theory you could become heavier and loose fat over a period of time. The trick is to use more calories than you consume and do exercises which use fat as the energy source (sprinting etc mainly use carbohydrates like Glycogen), long duration low intensity works the best.

having more muscle mass is actually a good aid to fat loss, the extra muscle you carry uses more oxygen and therefore more energy at rest so its not really a bad thing.

MD made a good point, don't confuse water loss with 'weight' or fat loss... fat is what were targeting hear not 'weight'

Two of the exercises sheps mentioned are good fat burners... skipping hard work over a long period of time, but its relativly low intensity.

your main weakness is that you do no cardio exercises, the jumping jacks would be good to work your fitness but not idea as a fat burner, its also robbing your weight work out of energy and making it less effective, I normaly do muscular work and cardio work in the same session but never mixed up with each other because all your doing is lowering the quality of one work out so that you can rush another.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's right quality is the key to success. Most trainers recommend low intensity (running) followed by high intensity (weights, bag work, sprints) ,but recent studies have shown that high intensity exercise followed by low intensity works best for maintaining good body composition. This has a lot to do with working your muscles up to an optimum level i.e. conditioning the phosphogen and lactic acid systems first, then using your aerobic system once all the nerves to the muscles are fired up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Try running in the morning on an empty stomach.

If you can handle it do interval training in the session, that is sprint for 10 seconds, jog, sprint , jog repeat
    Thats cricket

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thats very good training, its what I do as part of my conditioning but because it involves sprinting your not going to be using as much fat as you possibly could.

Conditioning its probably hte best way to run for amatuer fighters, not as a fat burner though.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Long walks for up to an hour, every 5 mins sprint walk for 2 mins.Keep well wrapped up, theirs very little impact,and is a very good cardio workout
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Spot on Scrap and Adam, low intensity work isn't the only way to burn fat. Due to excess post exercise oxygen consumption (epoc) you can still benefit in terms of weight reduction from high intensity workouts, as this increases our base metabolic rate. At rest our predominant fuel source is fat, so increasing the metabolism in general, helps burn excess fat. So working those fast twitch fibres in as many ways as possible is the best sport specific training for amateurs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB
    thats very good training, its what I do as part of my conditioning but because it involves sprinting your not going to be using as much fat as you possibly could.

Conditioning its probably hte best way to run for amatuer fighters, not as a fat burner though.
    You dont think ?

I actually read that interval training is very good for fat burning but Im not so sure myself so feel free to disagree (well you already have..)

Here is some info for the thread starter http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/betteru33.htm
    Thats cricket

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

its scientifically proven that when you weightlift, it slowly burns calories off during the day..
    Add cardio to your routine, just don't do weightlifting and cardio on the same day....make it on seperate days

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by er321
    Im a bit on the chubby side, and just lifting weights all the time doesnt realy help me get lighter (Get even heavier). I was thinking of doing about 200 jumping jacks between every set of reps i do with wieghts, and then some sit ups (with a hoody and beanie to produce more sweat). If I do this about every day could I make some good progress?
    twice as much excersice & 1/2 the food ...eat ssmall prtions and eat when u wake up so that ur metabolism gets boosted ...also run when u wake up and eat after if u want cause when u run after sleeping its been like 12 hours since ur last meal and u burn more fat ...dont eat after 8 pm ...cut out ALL pop and drink only water and maybe 1-2 glasses of milk a day ...eat pure foods & non manufactured foods

Thread Information