1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Nick Blackwell vs Chris Eubank Jnr

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    I reckon the only area Eubank is levels above Blackwell is possibly conditioning and fitness.
    With regards to boxing skills, technique and experience, I don't think there's anything significant.
    Blackwell has been in with some good guys, won some , lost some.
    If he's learnt anything from those fights, it might be an interesting evening.
    I still fancy Eubank to come through, but not with ease. It's funny, although Blackwell beat Ryder, I would more than fancy Ryder against Eubank.
    I just think it will go the same way the Spike fight went for Jr, he will just outbox Nick as I feel Blackwell is
    domestic level at best, Ryder has never really impressed me domestic level again they can be in good fights
    but I feel Ryder or Blackwell are hardly World Champions waiting in the the wings are they.!
    Nor is Eubank imo.
    You could be right but Eubank has more of a chance to succeed at the higher level, boxing is about levels when it comes to being a champion is it not.?
    Absolutely. But that's where we disagree. I don't think Eubank is any better than Ryder, and although I can't say I think Ryder will be World Champ, I feel the same about Eubank.
    I know most people may think differently, and we'll see. But I can't get my head round why he would turn down 7 or 8 times as much money and a World title shot to go for the British title. I'm not even sure THEY think they're up for the job. Like I say, I could be wrong , but it is strange, is it not?

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I reckon the only area Eubank is levels above Blackwell is possibly conditioning and fitness.
    With regards to boxing skills, technique and experience, I don't think there's anything significant.
    Blackwell has been in with some good guys, won some , lost some.
    If he's learnt anything from those fights, it might be an interesting evening.
    I still fancy Eubank to come through, but not with ease. It's funny, although Blackwell beat Ryder, I would more than fancy Ryder against Eubank.
    I just think it will go the same way the Spike fight went for Jr, he will just outbox Nick as I feel Blackwell is
    domestic level at best, Ryder has never really impressed me domestic level again they can be in good fights
    but I feel Ryder or Blackwell are hardly World Champions waiting in the the wings are they.!
    Nor is Eubank imo.
    You could be right but Eubank has more of a chance to succeed at the higher level, boxing is about levels when it comes to being a champion is it not.?
    Absolutely. But that's where we disagree. I don't think Eubank is any better than Ryder, and although I can't say I think Ryder will be World Champ, I feel the same about Eubank.
    I know most people may think differently, and we'll see. But I can't get my head round why he would turn down 7 or 8 times as much money and a World title shot to go for the British title. I'm not even sure THEY think they're up for the job. Like I say, I could be wrong , but it is strange, is it not?
    I can see you point yes strange not to go for the title, ! but as you know boxing politics etc dads promoters it's all as clear as mud.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, I do think his Dad is more in it for himself than his Son, I have to say. And I do think that can be to the detriment of the fighter.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hughie Fury in the latter rounds looks a good bet to me. Round 7-9 at 100/30 and Rounds 6-10 at 12/5 look decent value to me. Big size difference and Guinn very inactive.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Hughie Fury in the latter rounds looks a good bet to me. Round 7-9 at 100/30 and Rounds 6-10 at 12/5 look decent value to me. Big size difference and Guinn very inactive.
    Rounds 6-10 does look good value, I agree.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Frank Buglioni v Olegs Fedotovs will be on spike TV earlier so that may class with Germany v England.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry @Master, I'll be over on Sky tonight, but I do like the fights on here, and although I expect Eubank Jr to finish Blackwell inside the distance, be interesting to see Hughie up against a veteran. After all, Guinn does have a history of upsetting big British lumps!

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post
    Sorry @Master, I'll be over on Sky tonight, but I do like the fights on here, and although I expect Eubank Jr to finish Blackwell inside the distance, be interesting to see Hughie up against a veteran. After all, Guinn does have a history of upsetting big British lumps!
    Forget sky, brooks and the cunt Eddie. Have some principles.

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Sorry @Master , I'll be over on Sky tonight, but I do like the fights on here, and although I expect Eubank Jr to finish Blackwell inside the distance, be interesting to see Hughie up against a veteran. After all, Guinn does have a history of upsetting big British lumps!
    Why not have both ? That is what your remote control and record button are for. I will try and post in here seeing as this will be one of the rare occasions where I am in and you are actually watching rather than listening to the boxing, which as a fellow old skooler I admire you for. You stingy B"$*%&d
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Sorry @Master , I'll be over on Sky tonight, but I do like the fights on here, and although I expect Eubank Jr to finish Blackwell inside the distance, be interesting to see Hughie up against a veteran. After all, Guinn does have a history of upsetting big British lumps!
    Why not have both ? That is what your remote control and record button are for. I will try and post in here seeing as this will be one of the rare occasions where I am in and you are actually watching rather than listening to the boxing, which as a fellow old skooler I admire you for. You stingy B"$*%&d
    As dia says I am not stingey just careful.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You are so careful you are practically Welsh when it comes to spending your own money Master! Hopefully the fights align so I can watch both too, but wait and see I guess.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have to set up the sky box as I can not get spike channel on virgin so it will be a bit awkward.

I thought it was Scottish that were stingey.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

With the late notice and shape of Guinn, I'd be a bit worried he quits before it gets to the later rounds
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Safa v stefanov on now.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson Fury in the crowd.

Thread Information