Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Groves v Eubank Jnr - WBSS Semi Final 17/2/18

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    To be fair the blood was bothering him, every time the action broke he was tilting his head to gush it away (did it a million times). And fighters have been making excuses since the dawn of time, nothing new.
    Yes , the blood did hinder him . But it was completely his fault! He came bull rushing very crudely with no idea of where he was putting his head.
    What would've been a travesty is if Groves (or any opponent) had got a bad cut through his clumsy lunges through no fault of their own.
    It's hard enough for a Boxer to move to avoid an opponents punches, do they have to legislate for their heads as well?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I still can't believe how many brought into the Eubank hype.
    This is it! I don't want to sound like a cunt, but all those people (especially media and pundits.) who thought Eubank would win , need to look at themselves and ask how much they know about Boxing!
    I really can't understand on what basis people could think Eubank could win.
    His only hope was Groves gassing, and he needed to force that to happen and he doesn't have the skill to do that.
    It's easy to say when we get one right, I'm sure we've both been on the opposite side plenty, I thought if Eubank came in with that pressure and volume we saw over the 2nd half with BJS he might have Groves gassing late, but Groves always seemed like a safe pick on points to me.
    Hey, we can all get them wrong, I agree. My point is that if you look at what they've actually done and how they actually box and who they have actually boxed, then I don't see how people can come to that opinion.
    However , some people just base their opinions on hype and fairy tales. Cue Naz!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    To be fair the blood was bothering him, every time the action broke he was tilting his head to gush it away (did it a million times). And fighters have been making excuses since the dawn of time, nothing new.
    I know but he's putting it on thick, Jr also said that he took Groves too lightly.
    The blood was bothering him but it didn't look like he was completely blind for 100% of the time after the cut came.

Jr does what he does, I want to hear him admit that he is a jumped up prick who isn't as good as he thought he was....although that's never going to happen
    He also said Groves was better than he thought, had adopted a false sense of security from their sparring and was the hardest puncher he's ever faced.

I understand why you want to see him atone for his sins though.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes , the blood did hinder him .
    Yep. I thought he was intentionally trying to get the refs attention on numerous occasions.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep. I thought he was intentionally trying to get the refs attention on numerous occasions.
    Why did you only quote part of my post? Just curious.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why did you only quote part of my post? Just curious.
    I quoted the part that had any relevance to what I said in relation to Batman's post, which was specifically about Jr's eye bothering him, the how, why, where, when is irrelevant to my post.

The cut had no bearing on the outcome (in my opinion).

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Deffo won’t be seeing @ross back anytime soon now. Jnr. Was his other bum chum!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Somewhere on another forum ross is currently educating another bunch of saddos about how Eubank was robbed (proved by one judge having it 115-113), will win the rematch and Peter Fury will make him P4P no.1

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I feel sorry for Jnr, if someone taught him how to box hed be impossible to beat.
    Hard as nails, granite chin but he just stood around clueless for a lot of the fight.
    He needs to fuck off back to Middleweight but is he gonna be a nearly man?
    I think his dad's constant "Warrior" talk and "He trains himself" BS forces him to be like that and he's under pressure to go to war every time he fights .
    Fact is he's been found out and made to look limited against 2 genuinely very good Boxers.
    Don't see anything in him to suggest he's as good as he thinks he is and reckon he's got one more roll of the dice at MW with one more loss pretty much ending his career.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    I feel sorry for Jnr, if someone taught him how to box hed be impossible to beat.
    Hard as nails, granite chin but he just stood around clueless for a lot of the fight.
    He needs to fuck off back to Middleweight but is he gonna be a nearly man?
    I think his dad's constant "Warrior" talk and "He trains himself" BS forces him to be like that and he's under pressure to go to war every time he fights .
    Fact is he's been found out and made to look limited against 2 genuinely very good Boxers.
    Don't see anything in him to suggest he's as good as he thinks he is and reckon he's got one more roll of the dice at MW with one more loss pretty much ending his career.
    Should have fought more as an amateur. To be honest he looked like a white collar fighter in their last night. Also think he should have stayed at 160.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Somewhere on another forum ross is currently educating another bunch of saddos about how Eubank was robbed (proved by one judge having it 115-113), will win the rematch and Peter Fury will make him P4P no.1
    Wait a minute, Ross is on another forum? You shouldn't have told me that. I'm gonna spend all fucking week trying to find him now.
    Saddos, it's been good knowing you, but if I find Ross , I'm gone! See ya.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wait a minute, Ross is on another forum? You shouldn't have told me that. I'm gonna spend all fucking week trying to find him now.
    Saddos, it's been good knowing you, but if I find Ross , I'm gone! See ya.
    I know you miss him but stalking him is getting weird.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not sure if I'll go to the trouble of watching this again. It was a decent fight but not one to relive over again. I flipped and flopped on this one and in the end went with a Eubank win on volume, with the caveat that he'd have no trouble with Groves punch power. He didn't deal with the power IMO. I cant remember exactly when it was but it was Early doors. Groves chinned Eubank pretty good and he went backwards. The perfect antidote to the come forward bruiser, an early chinning.

I couldn't help but think that Eubank was making no effort to win the fight, he was scared, like he was for half a fight with BJS. Maybe fuelled by all the 'we don't own towels' talk after Brook got beat by Golovkin/Spence but I thought this fucker is quitting on his biggest night. You don't have to own a towel to chuck it in.

Fair play to him though, he was back in the gym immediately, hitting the pad contraption like he does, making those noises like he does. He's got some raw ingredients but he needs direction and he needs taking back to bare metal. Some boxers go on to make great trainers, some I wouldn't trust to train a fox to kill a chicken. Eubank Sr would appear to be the later. Great talker, I could listen to him till the cows come home, but the proof is in the pudding and something is going horribly wrong at Eubank towers. They thought they'd built the Worlds best, they were very very wrong.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Eubank junior has some awesome attributes as smashup listed above. Just needs to learn how to box lol..oh and come up with a gameplan. As has been said needs a good coach.

I love watching Groves' crouching tiger hidden dragon style lol..always have, eplodes and pops that jab out from low...and i had money on him to stop Eubank between rnds 8-12...and i reckon if he hadn;t of knackered his shoulder early in the 12th rnd i think i would be a few quid up!!

He was just a much smarter fighter

Thread Information