Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can Juanma Lopez beat Takashi Uchiyama?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Can Juanma Lopez beat Takashi Uchiyama?

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
    I feel personally Margarito may have used something in his gloves that 1st fight, but there is no proof so its irrelevant

Besides Cotto gave him a nice hiding in the return & pretty much retired Antonio, so I see no reason for Puerto Ricans worry...

Yeah.... a fight the "unbiased" VD called "A Sad Day for Boxing" in a thread he immediately started.

So you'll forgive me if I don't subscribe to the "VD is a rational poster" party line.
    To me, he's nothing but a racist, ignorant bullshitter.
    And I'm forcing myself to be nice.

No sure who said VD was a rational poster, wasn't me! He cracked me up when he posted Canelo stops Trout in the mid rounds... like that happens

I think he likes to get a rise outta those that take the bait

I'm waiting to see his responses before judging

Question:
    @TitoFan do you agree that Lopez' out burst was ridiculous & Cotto quit vs Margarito?
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm sure @Violent Demise would criticize Margarito for the plaster thing before the Mosley bout

I'm sure he also agree's Chavez Jr is a cheater for using Furosemide

Lets see what sort of man Vd is & just ask him

I think Lopez' comments were ridiculous & guys coming in over-weight is unprofessional

I think you're giving VD too much credit, but whatever. Sure... he'll come in here and lie about it... downplaying the shit he shovels. But I've been in enough exchanges with the dude to know what his mind is made of. And it's nothing good. He's got 20 times more detractors than supporters. But again... whatever.
    So if Vd comes in here & says yeah Margarito was a chump for getting caught with plaster before facing Mosley & Chavez Jr is a cheater what more do you want

So what if he points out Lopez or Rios more than those of Mexican decent

As long as he is fair & acknowledges that it goes both way I don't see a problem

Lets see if he does

I don't get it. You and VD are both 7-year posters. It's not like you haven't read his shit before. But hey whatever, man. Different strokes for different strokes. You feel VD is a fair, impartial, objective poster...... please continue doing so. I'm sure there's at least 2 other posters on here that feel the same way.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I feel personally Margarito may have used something in his gloves that 1st fight, but there is no proof so its irrelevant

Besides Cotto gave him a nice hiding in the return & pretty much retired Antonio, so I see no reason for Puerto Ricans worry...

Yeah.... a fight the "unbiased" VD called "A Sad Day for Boxing" in a thread he immediately started.

So you'll forgive me if I don't subscribe to the "VD is a rational poster" party line.

No sure who said VD was a rational poster, wasn't me! He cracked me up when he posted Canelo stops Trout in the mid rounds... like that happens

Question:
    @TitoFan do you agree that Lopez' out burst was ridiculous & Cotto quit vs Margarito?

Yes.... and no.

I was one of Lopez's harshest critics. Something VD conveniently chooses to ignore when he spouts his bullshit. Cotto quitting? No. Quitting is what De La Hoya did against Pacquiao. That's quitting. Cotto was being bludgeoned by plaster casts. He wisely chose to live to fight another day.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You strike me as a pretty good poster on here & able to see things pretty clearly

Thing about the Cotto fight is there was no proof

I agree that it is very possible that Margarito did have loaded gloves but without that proof I have to take the fight as it was, Margarito's career will always be questionable now

Had he not been caught before Mosley none of would have known any different until he was eventually caught or heaven forbid never found out

So for me Cotto quit but was taking a beating at the time, but my feeling is his corner or the ref should have stopped it before that point, just like Martinez was ko'd against Margarito

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Question:

Yes.... and no.

I was one of Lopez's harshest critics. Something VD conveniently chooses to ignore when he spouts his bullshit. Cotto quitting? No. Quitting is what De La Hoya did against Pacquiao. That's quitting. Cotto was being bludgeoned by plaster casts. He wisely chose to live to fight another day.
    Please, don't got there.
    Nacho was going to stop the fight in the 7th, Weeks was ready to as well.
    Nacho stopped the fight in the 8th.
    De la Hoya did not "box" (back peddle) the last few rounds, look to his corner for help, and decide to take a knee .
    Running away, taking a knee, and looking for help, is quitting.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

De La Hoya sat in his corner and said he'd had enough. That's quitting, in my book.
    To each his own, I always say. Go get cracked in the head by someone with plaster casts, and then come back and tell me about quitting.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You strike me as a pretty good poster on here & able to see things pretty clearly

Thing about the Cotto fight is there was no proof

I agree that it is very possible that Margarito did have loaded gloves but without that proof I have to take the fight as it was, Margarito's career will always be questionable now

Had he not been caught before Mosley none of would have known any different until he was eventually caught or heaven forbid never found out

So for me Cotto quit but was taking a beating at the time, but my feeling is his corner or the ref should have stopped it before that point, just like Martinez was ko'd against Margarito

You and I (and most of the population of the forum) can civilly discuss back and forth whether what Cotto did was quitting or not. Some will criticize Cotto for it... others will not. But it remains a civil conversation. This does not happen with someone like VD. His hatred and bias gets the better of him everytime. Going back to the 2nd Cotto-Margarito fight. VD criticized the shit out of Cotto.... calling him a coward... saying it was a sad day for boxing. Most (including myself), just dismissed him as an idiot. This is par for the course with the guy. He'll find whatever straw he can hang on to.... as long as it fits his agenda. I've got ZERO respect for a loser like that.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All good

I actually don't have an issue with the guy & do agree with some of his takes on things

I don't get into the name calling thing as I don't see the point

We all are passionate about the sport & it can get frustrating reading posts we don't agree with

I can be very easy to just drop a diss or call a fellow poster this or that

It takes a man to debate like an adult imo

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No issues. I'm up for a good debate same as most on here.
    But some valuable tidbits from VD:

- Puerto Rican fighters don't want it as much as Mexican fighters.
    - It's a sad day in boxing because Cotto thoroughly outboxed and beat Margarito without going toe-to-toe with him.
    - Starts a thread about a P.R. fighter coming out and saying he's gay. (Most responses were "so what?").

There's more, but I can't be bothered to dredge up all of his old shit.
    Suffice it to say that I'll respond to insults with insults..... all day long.
    And there's no poster here least worthy of my respect than VD.

Luckily, I don't come in here to talk to him.
    Personally, I wish he'd move to ESB, where he'd more at home.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

True, how sh*t is ESB!

So many trolls, even guys with 10k+ worth of posts don't seem to know jack

Each to their own, I'm not saying you shouldn't insult anyone

But I just prefer to debate the facts or my views without them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

De La Hoya sat in his corner and said he'd had enough. That's quitting, in my book.
    To each his own, I always say. Go get cracked in the head by someone with plaster casts, and then come back and tell me about quitting.
    Me getting cracked in the head by someone with plaster has absolutely nothing to do with Cotto quitting..

Try getting cracked in the head by "a thousand left hands" by someone, who I believe, was on their peak with PEDs.

Getting stopped and outweighed by Pacquiao at the tail end of your career, or getting stopped by Margarito in your prime , still undefeated.

Exactly, To each his own.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm sure @Violent Demise would criticize Margarito for the plaster thing before the Mosley bout

I think Lopez' comments were ridiculous & guys coming in over-weight is unprofessional

I think you're giving VD too much credit, but whatever. Sure... he'll come in here and lie about it... downplaying the shit he shovels. But I've been in enough exchanges with the dude to know what his mind is made of. And it's nothing good. He's got 20 times more detractors than supporters. But again... whatever.
    So if Vd comes in here & says yeah Margarito was a chump for getting caught with plaster before facing Mosley & Chavez Jr is a cheater what more do you want

As long as he is fair & acknowledges that it goes both way I don't see a problem

Lets see if he does
    I said it many times before that Margarito deserved the blame for what happened in the Mosley fight. Because even though he didn't know what was happening the trainers actions are his responsibility. But that's not the issue here. The issue here is that Titofag wants to provide Cotto an excuse for getting his ass whipped and quitting against Margarito by saying Margarito cheated. Despite there being no proof of that other than Cotto acting like bitch and not taking the loss like a man. The bottom line is the Nevada commision checked Margarito's wraps before the fight and cleared them. Say what you want about the Nevada commision. But they have way more experience checking wraps than the California commision. Which is the one that checked them in the Mosley fight. But the fags lust for Cotto is so strong he can't accept it. It eats at him more than it does Cotto. Which is why this argument always comes up. But it's fine. He can spit all the nonsense he wants. Say all the little insults he wants. It doesn't matter to me. I consider him to be a joke of a poster who doesn't know the sport of boxing. There's a big difference between me and him. I post on a lot of the Mexican fighters threads. But you can find me posting on the UK fighter threads. The fighters from Japan threads. Russian fighters. All of them. You wanna talk Junior Flyweight or Strawweights? Fine. Yow wanna go back in time and talk Bob Foster or Gene Tunney? We can do that too. I'll even go into the future with you and talk about obscure prospects from Italy or Brazil if you want. I'm a boxing fan. I don't consider him a boxing fan. I consider him a Cotto fan. That's it. He's here for me to insult and laugh at. He's not here for me to talk boxing with. Cuz that's just not possible.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post

Lets see if he does
    I said it many times before that Margarito deserved the blame for what happened in the Mosley fight. Because even though he didn't know what was happening the trainers actions are his responsibility. But that's not the issue here. The issue here is that Titofag wants to provide Cotto an excuse for getting his ass whipped and quitting against Margarito by saying Margarito cheated. Despite there being no proof of that other than Cotto acting like bitch and not taking the loss like a man. The bottom line is the Nevada commision checked Margarito's wraps before the fight and cleared them. Say what you want about the Nevada commision. But they have way more experience checking wraps than the California commision. Which is the one that checked them in the Mosley fight. But the fags lust for Cotto is so strong he can't accept it. It eats at him more than it does Cotto. Which is why this argument always comes up. But it's fine. He can spit all the nonsense he wants. Say all the little insults he wants. It doesn't matter to me. I consider him to be a joke of a poster who doesn't know the sport of boxing. There's a big difference between me and him. I post on a lot of the Mexican fighters threads. But you can find me posting on the UK fighter threads. The fighters from Japan threads. Russian fighters. All of them. You wanna talk Junior Flyweight or Strawweights? Fine. Yow wanna go back in time and talk Bob Foster or Gene Tunney? We can do that too. I'll even go into the future with you and talk about obscure prospects from Italy or Brazil if you want. I'm a boxing fan. I don't consider him a boxing fan. I consider him a Cotto fan. That's it. He's here for me to insult and laugh at. He's not here for me to talk boxing with. Cuz that's just not possible.

Great speech.
    You do any non-fiction as well?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post

Lets see if he does
    I know you are a fan of the sport, we have talked many times about fighters of the lower weights or different countries

I have already stated how I feel about Cotto/ Margarito 1, but as I remember Cotto never really said anything about the plaster up until the rematch? I could be wrong... I thought Cotto handled himself well after that defeat, he had his suspicions as many of us did, but he never came right out & accused Margarito up until the return

Either way Margarito's career will always have a question mark over it, whilst the HOF beckons for Cotto

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah we talked and debated many things through out the years. And we haven't always agreed on things. But it's always been civil between us. We don't insult each other. I respect all fellow boxing fans. I consider you a boxing fan. He's not. He's a Cotto fan/groupie. I have no respect for groupies. If I was to ask for his opinion on Kazuto Ioka he'll respond with something like "it's an ok motorcycle". Cuz he doesn't know who the fuck he is.

Margarito's career having a question mark over it is his own fault. Capetillo was his responsiblity. I've said that from the start.
    Last edited by Violent Demise; 03-01-2013 at 06:17 AM.

Thread Information