Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is Amir Khan the most overrated boxer this decade

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    Over rated or over hyped? Solid boxer, just has a poor chin. I've seen guys with lesser talent constantly getting either title shots or eliminators. Rocky Juarez comes to mind. I didn't think he was over rated, rather had gr8 connections!!!
    I’ll give you that one. I don’t know what dirt Juarez had on the boxing world because he just got title shot after title shot. I couldn’t stand him because of that. He always got gift decisions too. He didn’t even seem like a big draw either so I have no idea why he got all that he did.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Compare Wilder and Khans opponents..don’t worry, I’ll wait.

Wilder is fighting a 47 year old drug cheat Cuban in a rematch and Fury has been his toughest competition to date.

Khan has fought everyone and will not play 2nd fiddle to a potential Brook fight.

Both Khan and Wilder give excitement but Wilder has to fight Fury and AJ/Ruiz in 2020 or I’m done with him.
    Well thanks for waiting.
    So, I can’t be fucked to put Wilders opponents , suffice to say he’s fighting World title fights and is ranked in the top 2,3,4 in his division. Khan isn’t even rated in his division , Infact he doesn’t even have a division nowadays. Now I’ve done this before, but you’ve made me do it again.
    Khan since Sept 2008
    Prescott - Sparked out by someone who never even challenged at the top.
    Oisin Fagan - who??
    Barrera - had a cut from a clash of heads early, couldn’t see a thing, they waited till round 6 to stop it so it would be a win rather than no contest.
    Kotelnik- they picked the weakest champ at the time and gave Khan home advantage.
    Salita- ?
    Malignaggi - soft puncher , perfect opponent for Khan.
    Maidana - best win of his career, and even then he nearly fucked it up.
    McLoskey - hardly inspiring.
    Judah - EVERYBODY beat Zab Judah.
    Peterson - Lost and justifiably so.
    Garcia - beautiful! Completely sparked out.
    Molina - meaningless stay busy fight. Got decked by a nobody.
    Diaz - meaningless. Guy was old and small.
    Alexander- meaningless. Alexander is totally irrelevant at this stage of his career.
    Collazo - as above.
    Algieri - struggled like fuck in another meaningless fight. Algieri was coming off losses.
    Alvarez - meaningless bullshit mismatch . Circus act.
    Lo Greco - for fucks sake.
    Vargas -
    Crawford - undeserved title shot , see comments for Alvarez.
    Dib - wtf! Do I need to comment.
    Please don’t ever make me do that again, it’s painful to think about.
    Wilder , and I can’t believe I’m defending the cunt, fought:
    “the man that beat the man”
    An old man in Ortiz , who everybody avoids.
    Signed up to fight a peak Povetkin in Russia, and it was no fault of his that it never happened.
    Countless World title defences.

You can lick Khan’s ass all you like, but it’s there in Black and White to see. THE GUY IS STEALING A LIVING!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm Glad we all agree. Felt good letting it out.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's a bit harsh Primo

There's another (more positive) way of looking at his record but I can't really be arsed to break it down

How many former world champs did Khan beat and beat well?

Khan was value for money, I'd much rather have watched a Khan fight 5 years ago than a mayweather fight at any time in his carear
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    That's a bit harsh Primo

There's another (more positive) way of looking at his record but I can't really be arsed to break it down

Khan was value for money, I'd much rather have watched a Khan fight 5 years ago than a mayweather fight at any time in his carear
    mate, you might prefer to watch him, that’s your choice. But that doesn’t mean he’s better.
    We’re talking about him being overrated or not. And your point about former World champs completely proves the point.
    He beat “Champs” that were way past their best, or not that great anyway. the exception, as I pointed out was Maidana.
    Usually they call that being carefully matched or padding his record.
    By the way, 5 years ago, Khan was beating Collazo and Alexander. And you would rather watch that than Mayweather beating Gatti and Corrales? Come on, ffs.
    Last edited by Primo Carnera; 09-04-2019 at 11:47 PM.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    That's a bit harsh Primo

mate, you might prefer to watch him, that’s your choice. But that doesn’t mean he’s better.
    We’re talking about him being overrated or not. And your point about former World champs completely proves the point.
    He beat “Champs” that were way past their best, or not that great anyway. the exception, as I pointed out was Maidana.
    Usually they call that being carefully matched or padding his record.
    By the way, 5 years ago, Khan was beating Collazo and Alexander. And you would rather watch that than Mayweather beating Gatti and Corrales? Come on, ffs.
    I plucked 5 years out of the air and if that was the time mayweather had the gatti and corrales fights then it was just about the only time mayweather fights were better than khan's, so I fucked up with 5 years

But whether his fights were better than mayweathers or not, I enjoyed khan's carear

Who is over rating him anyway? And how is he being rated? He over rates himself but doesn't and shouldn't every boxer?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is Amir Khan the most overrated boxer this decades

5 years wasn’t when Mayweater fought Gatti. You said any of his fights.
    It’s not just him that overrates himself. I remember when all the rumours went on about Floyd and Manny fights, and people were saying he had a chance because he’s got fast hands!
    Boxing is a tough sport, and I don’t like it when people get big money and big fights when they deserve it less than other more dedicated fighters.
    And if that isn’t the very fabric of overrated, then I don’t know what is.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Compare Wilder and Khans opponents..don’t worry, I’ll wait.

Wilder is fighting a 47 year old drug cheat Cuban in a rematch and Fury has been his toughest competition to date.

Khan has fought everyone and will not play 2nd fiddle to a potential Brook fight.

Both Khan and Wilder give excitement but Wilder has to fight Fury and AJ/Ruiz in 2020 or I’m done with him.
    Can't stand Wilder and I mean that in boatloads, guy is a twat but when's the last time Khan was considered a serious threat to the very top guys in his division. Boxing is every bit a what have you done lately and Khan is running on a reminisce tour.
    Khan is milking his name and making serious money for fighting weak opposition.

Khan might be young but there’s too many miles on the clock for him to beat the top x3 in the 147 division.

Khan has accepted this now and is obviously doing smart business by trying to fight PAC.

Khan is still exciting to watch and has fought everyone..he has taken far more risks than Wilder..WBC and Wilder have done everything they can to duck Dillian Whyte..who knows what’s really going on there.

Wilder starts talking about his disgust for drug cheats but decides to fight the same 53 year old drug cheat Ortiz again and his younger brother was caught cheating.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is Amir Khan the most overrated boxer this decades

5 years wasn’t when Mayweater fought Gatti. You said any of his fights.
    It’s not just him that overrates himself. I remember when all the rumours went on about Floyd and Manny fights, and people were saying he had a chance because he’s got fast hands!
    Boxing is a tough sport, and I don’t like it when people get big money and big fights when they deserve it less than other more dedicated fighters.
    And if that isn’t the very fabric of overrated, then I don’t know what is.
    Khan deserved it, his fights were generally good and he could mix it with world class fighters

Khan was a lot more deserving of the 5 million he got for fighting whoever than mayweather was of the 250 million he got for fighting anyones gran

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Most overrated fighter is erol Spence BTW, everyone has him as lb4lb ace at the minute, you just wait and see, heard it here first 😁

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Most overrated fighter is erol Spence BTW, everyone has him as lb4lb ace at the minute, you just wait and see, heard it here first 😁
    Wow! Gotta say , he’s not up there in my p4p reckoning , but I can’t see how you can pick holes in his record, when he’s fought some top guys and never been beat.
    Yet you think Khan is the nuts! Just Wow!

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow! Gotta say , he’s not up there in my p4p reckoning , but I can’t see how you can pick holes in his record, when he’s fought some top guys and never been beat.
    Im not actually sure whether you're adding a bit of sarcasm to that post or not 🤷*♂️

Spence has fought some top guys, best name on his record tho is either kell Brooke or miley garcia no?

Kell Brooke was no where near at his best at the time and garcia was at his best about 30 weight divisions below Spence

Then who, peterson had about 5000 miles on the clock, Algeria - Khan beat so he must be shit, then we start scraping the barrel

The porter fight is his toughest yet

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im not actually sure whether you're adding a bit of sarcasm to that post or not 🤷*♂️

Spence has fought some top guys, best name on his record tho is either kell Brooke or miley garcia no?

Kell Brooke was no where near at his best at the time and garcia was at his best about 30 weight divisions below Spence

Then who, peterson had about 5000 miles on the clock, Algeria - Khan beat so he must be shit, then we start scraping the barrel

The porter fight is his toughest yet
    Nobody thought Brook was finished till Spence finished him. Brook was still in the top 2 in the division, maybe no.1. And Spence came to his back yard to do it. Porter will be his toughest fight, yet Brook beat Porter?
    You do make a couple of fair points,
    1. He hasn’t beaten much on his record. But it’s the way he’s done it to be fair.
    2. If Algieri got beat by Khan , then he must be shit. Yep, because if he was any good, Khan wouldn’t beat him because Khan is shit.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think that Brook was still a force when he fought Spence. He lost to GGG, but he looked good against Spence. Spence just broke him down. Spence broke his other eye socket.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Spence does want to fight the best but everyone doesn’t want to fight him.

If no Crawford/pac in next fight he might need to consider moving up.

Danny Garcia is not the fighter he used to be and should change trainers as he doesn’t listen to Angel anymore.

Thread Information