Thread: NFL player Damar Hamlin collapses during game; suffers cardiac arrest

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: NFL player Damar Hamlin collapses during game; suffers cardiac arrest

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    spergy larry, why are you introducing all these red herrings to distract from the statement i posted? i don't even know who the guy is or care. i just agree with what is stated. no one is forcing you to agree with that statement, everything else you have posted is irrelevant to the statement i posted
    They are not red herrings they are unavoidable facts that demonstrate both how gullible you are and how stupid the quote itself is.
    yes they are spergy larry, i only agree with the statement i posted, everything else is stuff you have introduced as red herrings to attack. if you don't agree with the statement, that is your right. you are the stupid retard who puts your health in the hands of those who profit of your continued illness & why do you care how another people choose to manage their health?
    No they are not. Not at all. You use red herrings yourself to distract all the time and are often foolishly led by your nose and down a rabbit hole by refusing to stay focused on the subject you are pursuing. Me pointing out that the fella's photograph in the quote you posted is not even him, and showing you evidence of the fact that the actual person who made such a quote was like you ruled by irrational faith based fears, and then was struck off for being incompetent, absolutely undermine any attempt to pass of his quote as being useful.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: NFL player Damar Hamlin collapses during game; suffers cardiac arrest

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/damar-h...collapse-game/

"Damar Hamlin discharged from Buffalo hospital 9 days after suffering cardiac arrest during a game"

More good news.

So basically it's all good. Events in chronological order:

• Buffalo Bills travel to Cincinnati to face the Bengals in a (critical) Monday Night Football game.
    • During the game, Bills safety Damar Hamlin sustains a blow to the chest during a routine tackle, leading to cardiac arrest on the field. He is administered CPR before getting loaded into an ambulance and to a Cincinnati hospital.
    • After an hour or so, the game is cancelled by the NFL (who later decides not to make up the game).
    • Some Buffalo players fly home... but others stay in Cincinnati as Damar remains in critical condition.
    • Eventually, Damar regains consciousness and the breathing tube is removed. The remaining Buffalo players fly home.
    • Damar watches from the Cincinnati hospital as the Buffalo Bills take on the New England Patriots at home in Buffalo.
    • In the days after the game, Damar is transferred from the Cincinnati hospital to a Buffalo hospital. His improvement continues.
    • Now he has finally been discharged from the Buffalo hospital to go back home.

If I were to guess... I'd venture to say there's a fair chance Damar could be in attendance for the Bills' first playoff game this weekend, against the Miami Dolphins. Damar's attendance would be an incredible boost to an already super-motivated Buffalo Bills team and fanbase. Good news all around.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

spergy larry, why are you introducing all these red herrings to distract from the statement i posted? i don't even know who the guy is or care. i just agree with what is stated. no one is forcing you to agree with that statement, everything else you have posted is irrelevant to the statement i posted
    They are not red herrings they are unavoidable facts that demonstrate both how gullible you are and how stupid the quote itself is.
    yes they are spergy larry, i only agree with the statement i posted, everything else is stuff you have introduced as red herrings to attack. if you don't agree with the statement, that is your right. you are the stupid retard who puts your health in the hands of those who profit of your continued illness & why do you care how another people choose to manage their health?
    No they are not. Not at all. You use red herrings yourself to distract all the time and are often foolishly led by your nose and down a rabbit hole by refusing to stay focused on the subject you are pursuing. Me pointing out that the fella's photograph in the quote you posted is not even him, and showing you evidence of the fact that the actual person who made such a quote was like you ruled by irrational faith based fears, and then was struck off for being incompetent, absolutely undermine any attempt to pass of his quote as being useful.
    they are red herrings spergy larry. the quote is probably his opinion, i agree with that opinion. you don't have to & no one is forcing you to believe or live the they way they do. completely ignoring the medical industry over the last decade has been nothing but useful for me
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    What would you do if you were having a heart attack Tic?
    have a heart attack i guess, i don't really understand your question. are you asking if i'd go to the hospital and/ or take medication?
    Yes hospital and take medication?
    no i won't
    So you would just die by not going to hospital?
    i could also die by going to the hospital. the hope for me is that what i have been doing over the last decade & will continue to do everyday will help me keep from getting a serious illness
    Can't go on hope alone especially as you get older. Serious illness require medical intervention.
    why not, you don't sound very healthy. i don't think you're the best person to be giving health advise
    Age is a factor for ill health that is why. I am healthy but anyone can get sick. I just hope you stay well and healthy.
    age obviously will deteriorate the body over time. you just had a heart attack. i would not consider you healthy. i just hope you stay well & healthy
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i'm guessing the bills win the super bowl

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They were pre-season favorites so it wouldn't be a stretch.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

oh i didn't know that, thanks, pretty good guess then. it'd have a nice story behind it & the bills uniforms having the same colours as the american flag would be a nice cherry on the top

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

oh i didn't know that, thanks, pretty good guess then. it'd have a nice story behind it & the bills uniforms having the same colours as the american flag would be a nice cherry on the top

Yep. This weekend they host the Miami Dolphins (from the warm south) in the Wild Card round of the playoffs. The Dolphins are on their 3rd string quarterback, which doesn't bode well for them either.

Although the NFL has a saying that goes "On any given Sunday..." I'd say a Bills win is a pretty safe bet.

From there it's still to be decided who they would face in the Divisional Playoffs... the Conference Championships... and finally the Super Bowl, if they get that far.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep. This weekend they host the Miami Dolphins (from the warm south) in the Wild Card round of the playoffs. The Dolphins are on their 3rd string quarterback, which doesn't bode well for them either.

Although the NFL has a saying that goes "On any given Sunday..." I'd say a Bills win is a pretty safe bet.

From there it's still to be decided who they would face in the Divisional Playoffs... the Conference Championships... and finally the Super Bowl, if they get that far.

sounds like something i should put money on. slightly off topic, do you think damar will ever play again? have there been other athletes who have returned to the top level, especially in contact sports after suffering the same type of medical emergency?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wildest thread so far in '23

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

sounds like something i should put money on. slightly off topic, do you think damar will ever play again? have there been other athletes who have returned to the top level, especially in contact sports after suffering the same type of medical emergency?

Good question. I'm going to go out on a (very thin) limb and say that Damar could presumably resume his football career, especially if his physical recovery is complete and 100%. But I'm not sure about the mental aspect of it... and even what his family and friends would have to say about that. I put myself in his shoes and I'm not sure I ever step on a football field again. It was THAT scary of an incident.

In comparison, you have the case of Tua Tagovailoa, quarterback for the Miami Dolphins. He has suffered two documented concussions this season... and probably a third one that was not treated as a concussion. The second one was scary (coincidentally also in Cincinnati)... and Tua was removed from the field in an ambulance also. I've seen sports talk shows where they're theorizing that Tua's career could be in jeopardy. Which is tough for Tua, because he's only in his 2nd year in the league and stood to make tons of money since he's an extremely talented player.

So two young guys... two decisions as to what they should do with their football careers. In Damar's case, it's tough to get the specter of another blow to the chest triggering the same thing out of your head. In Tua's case, he seems a bit injury prone, and after two, maybe three concussions... early retirement might be on the table.

Not an easy sport... this one.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the hit he took was nothing, would the league allow him on the field again? do nfl players get insured? would an insurance company touch him, if they do? off topic, do you think this incident has increased interest & eyes on this part of the season?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the hit he took was nothing, would the league allow him on the field again? do nfl players get insured? would an insurance company touch him, if they do? off topic, do you think this incident has increased interest & eyes on this part of the season?

Good questions all.

Would the NFL allow Damar back on the field again? I venture to say yes, as long as he passed a rigorous battery of physical tests. Could be wrong, though... and that bridge has yet to be crossed. First though... Hamlin would have to want to get back on the field. That... IMO... is not a given.

Are NFL players insured? Yes. It's similar in form to the insurance plans offered by other employers. I'm pretty sure the NFLPA (NFL Players Association) has a huge hand in what goes into that insurance plan. I'm not sure how Damar's insurance would be affected going forward if he were to resume his playing career. We all know insurance companies' #1 priority is always their bottom line.

Your last question is very interesting. Yes... I'm of the opinion that interest in the playoffs has probably been magnified, stemming from the Damar incident. Hard to imagine... 'cause interest in the NFL playoffs are usually HUGE to begin with. So this added wrinkle (and the fact that the Bills are firmly still in the playoffs) is sure to have attracted the attention from people who wouldn't otherwise follow football.

I'm sure a lot of neutral football fans (no team preference) are now rooting for the Bills to win the Super Bowl this year. As I said before... it's not at all far-fetched, as they have one of the more complete teams in the NFL.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do wonder if he'll play again, Eriksen was pretty much dead on the field v Finland, got the AED and CPR on screen :S, he woke up and was speaking pretty much straight away, obviously went to the hospital and stayed there for a bit. He was give some form of pacemaker and then he was back playing normal football not long after.. wasn't allowed to play in the Italian league due to their rules but he moved to England and seems fine :S.. Daley blind also has the same device and is now playing for bayern..

Hamlin was on a ventilator though, sounds like his episode was worse than the two heart attack footballers, I'd guess he'll be able to play again but I think the NFL will block him from returning, they're in enough trouble with concussion if Hamlin drops dead that would damage their brand a lot(and that is what matters to these guys)

Also I'm supporting the Jaguars now, or as Austin Powers might call them..
    The SHAGUARS BABY....groovy?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

True that, the Italians did ban Eriksen

Thread Information