Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Boxing overdose..... I LOVED IT!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Boxing overdose..... I LOVED IT!!!

Didn't get to post here after the fights started, as I was bent on watching as much boxing as I could. I DVR'ed the Showtime telecast, so I saw the Quillin-Guerrero, Judah-Garcia fights after the fact. But the recording stopped right in the middle of the Khan-Diaz same day coverage!! I thought I had given the recording enough time. I also didn't get to see the Wilder-Harrison fight, which I wanted to see. I hope they rebroadcast it on Showtime later on.

Well... I was dozing off by the time I got to the Khan fight... but it was pretty entertaining, until the recording ran out. I did see Khan get dropped by Diaz's left hook. I swear.... I don't think Khan is married, but if he ever does.... he'd better not piss off his wife, 'cause she'll probably deck him with a left hook.

There was a lot of blood and guts tonight, which made for a great night of boxing.

First, Martinez-Murray. I thought Murray put together a gutsy, very good performance... and I could see where some people may have thought he deserved to have won. Sergio got busted up good, and I think Roy Jones is right. He needs to recover fully from his injuries, in this case his broken hand, before he even thinks of getting back in the ring. He's also looking more vulnerable now, so he may want to assess his career right now.

Stiverne-Arreola was a frigging war!! Man, that gusher coming from Arreola's nose was hard to watch. Guy probably lost a pint of blood during the fight. Stiverne put on a great show, but I don't know whether he'd beat any of the Klitschkos. One thing that struck me was how Stiverne seemed to have his mouth open from early in the fight. Finally one of the commentators mentioned it about the 11th round.... but he had been like that most of the fight. Makes me think he lacks the stamina to hang with a Klitschko for 12 rounds. Major props to Stiverne, though, for going to the body so much. That was an awesome display of body punching. Poor Arreola won't be worth a shit for awhile after tonight.

I watched those live. Then I went to the recording and watched Quillin-Guerrero. Quillin's a tough guy and will probably be champ for awhile. But if Guerrero had had any power, Quillin would've been in trouble. He was getting hit so damn much. And that was after it looked like Guerrero was going to get blown out by the 2nd round. Credit to Guerrero for making a fight of it until he got TKO'ed.

Then I saw Judah-Garcia. More blood and one hell of a fight!! Humongous props to Judah for showing heart, and proving to doubters that he doesn't always fold toward the end of fights. I also liked the sportsmanship and the way both of them talked after the fight. I used to be a Judah hater... but I've warmed up to him. Judah came back strong and rocked Danny repeatedly in the last 3 rounds. Gotta hand it to Danny... he's got some chin. I loved the exchange where Judah connected with a solid left, only to have Danny drop him with a straight right between the gloves.

Then came Khan-Diaz and I was kind of groggy by that time (being in the Eastern Time Zone and all that). What can I say.... Khan is good but chinny. No other way to slice it. He'll never be truly elite because of that. But they sure do love him in the UK.

All that and I don't know what happened in the Wilder-Harrison fight, although from the bits and pieces I've read so far it appears to have been a short fight. And now I'm pumped up after all that boxing and not even sleepy anymore. But I got my fix for tonight.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Boxing overdose..... I LOVED IT!!!

Thank god it is not like this every weekend, we would have no social life and be real saddos.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Boxing overdose..... I LOVED IT!!!

What a great night, really enjoyed it.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Please, it was not great! Anyone who loves skipping from one channel to another or from one TV to another all night, playing with a DVR, missing the preflight commentary, jumping from one thread to another, checking into Goggle and U-Tube for answers, putting friends and family on the back burner, being unable to relax with a beer and discuss the the fights with friends is some kind of boxing clone/data junkie fan who does not have a life away from boxing.
    I thought having all those fights on the the same nite was a real cluster fuck and I mean that in the worst possible way. It shows what competing networks, sanctioning organizations and promoters think about the fans... absolutely nothing.
    Boxing is an entrainment business but due to intentional programming, a large part of the night was not entertaining or fan friendly, in my opinion.

Thread Information