0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hughie. Ready for Price?

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post

Who is Price to Tyson?
    The guy he ran from to fight a 40 year old cab driver who'd been inactive for 18 months.
    Maloney didnt want it. He bullshitted about being tied to sky sports when offered a fight.
    If that was even remotely true, why would Fury vacate to fight for the Irish title? I'm confused. Why not just let Price come out and say "I'm not ready" and keep his belts and fight Sam Sexton instead? Fury would have looked like a king shit that Price was afraid of, but we know that isn't what happened.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who is Price to Tyson?
    The guy he ran from to fight a 40 year old cab driver who'd been inactive for 18 months.
    Maloney didnt want it. He bullshitted about being tied to sky sports when offered a fight.
    If that was even remotely true, why would Fury vacate to fight for the Irish title? I'm confused. Why not just let Price come out and say "I'm not ready" and keep his belts and fight Sam Sexton instead? Fury would have looked like a king shit that Price was afraid of, but we know that isn't what happened.
    Check mate.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post

Who is Price to Tyson?
    Check mate.
    i dont understand

maloney (prices promoter) didnt want the fight yet it was fury who relinquished the belts so price could fight somebody else for them?

or are we talking about something else?
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury dumped the belts just before purse bids had to be submitted. Either they were scared of Price or scared of losing the promotion.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    i dont understand

maloney (prices promoter) didnt want the fight yet it was fury who relinquished the belts so price could fight somebody else for them?

Yes @erics44 that's what we're talking about. Apparently that's what happened. Price was so scared of Fury, that Tyson vacated to allow Price to win both belts at first try and avoid a humilating defeat at the hands of his fearsome rival. He's actually avoiding Wlad for the same reason.

If Fury is one thing, it is compassionate.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Joshua gave me a beating for three rounds." Tyson Fury thinks Joshua is the absolute business after getting duffed up in sparring.

Watch from 4.00 minute mark....

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i dont understand

Yes @erics44 that's what we're talking about. Apparently that's what happened. Price was so scared of Fury, that Tyson vacated to allow Price to win both belts at first try and avoid a humilating defeat at the hands of his fearsome rival. He's actually avoiding Wlad for the same reason.

right, i didnt realise

what a shit bag Price is

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i dont understand

in all honesty, id like to hear the explanation for the above but in my opinion, at the time, i felt fury was right not to fight price because that fight could have been built into a monster a little later down the line

obviously it didnt work out that way, and now it looks like if fury could have lasted a few rounds against price he could have pulled off a win which would have been massive for him, so maybe he should have taken it

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i dont understand

in all honesty, id like to hear the explanation for the above but in my opinion, at the time, i felt fury was right not to fight price because that fight could have been built into a monster a little later down the line

obviously it didnt work out that way, and now it looks like if fury could have lasted a few rounds against price he could have pulled off a win which would have been massive for him, so maybe he should have taken it
    How many fights can you name where that actually worked out? It's the most laughable comment in British boxing - "wait until they have "world" titles" or "wait until they get a bit bigger"

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    I cant believe people are still backing Price!

He is not a fighter. He's a very good puncher but he's certainly not a fighter. Put anyone in with him who is going to stand and punch him back and he will give up again.

Joshua looking great knocking over some journeymen that managed to last a bit longer with an 18 year old proves nothing. He is learning nothing. Im not going to criticise him for his level of opposition as he's only just turned pro and wont be stepping much up within the next few bouts but when he does, you will see how ponderous he is.

Hughie will get stronger and that power will come. Hes only just turned 19 for fuck sakes im sure you will all admit that you wee stronger at 24 than you were at 18/19

Hughie may have a hood chin, he's never been dropped and fought world class amateurs where he won gold at the world juniors. The one thing id add to Hughie, is Tysons spite. Tyson wants to hurt people. I liked watching him trying to get the extra punches in against Abell.
    Didn't Peter Fury tell us he would be a younger HW champ than Tyson ? who was 20 , Fury is 19 so he hasn't much time to do it has he ross ?
    That's a good point, let's try to remember that Peter owns the big mouth not Hughie.
    Every time I've read Hughie's comments, they've seemed respectful and realistic.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    i dont understand

How many fights can you name where that actually worked out? It's the most laughable comment in British boxing - "wait until they have "world" titles" or "wait until they get a bit bigger"
    maybe maybe not

get me some statistics

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i dont understand

http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...o-maloney.html

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i dont understand

maybe maybe not

get me some statistics
    Err... the onus is on you mate. Name the fights between British prospects that were successfully "built into monsters down the line"

If it was so common you'd be able to name dozens off the top of your head. It's just shit that promoters say when they're trying to protect their investment.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i dont understand

maybe maybe not

get me some statistics
    Err... the onus is on you mate. Name the fights between British prospects that were successfully "built into monsters down the line"

If it was so common you'd be able to name dozens off the top of your head. It's just shit that promoters say when they're trying to protect their investment.
    You could also say, how often do you get two similarly skilled fighters in the same weights in the UK?

The biggest recent one I can think of instantly that should have happened is Hatton V Witter.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do you think Hughie is going to beat Mike Tyson as youngest HW champ Ross , as Peter Fury said ?
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Thread Information