Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I'm going to start focusing more on speed and flexibility

Every day, I'm going to shadow box, and for the time being, it's not going to be very intense. Some once posted that when you shadow box, you should relax and enjoy it. Last night, I boxed in front of a mirror with no gloves on or anything, and I didn't put much power into my punches, I just focused on flexibility. Is it alright to do this every day? And how many rounds should I do it? (I did 5, but I'm going to start doing more).

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I'm going to start focusing more on speed and flexibility

Everyones differnt ,do as many rounds and increase to what you feel is natural progression for you.

Imagine everything,make stuff up and try it out.

There is so much you can use at the right time,but you dont see it happen becuase not many boxers think for themselves,they just follow whats taught only ,not many think and set great moves into their heads first with intent and practice it for the right time.

Champoins do it when they spot a weakness on a tape of their next opposition.

Remember to move for reasons, its great to be flexable but ; loose fighters who move for no real reason often get caught.

I think personally to practice and cover the bases for close up inside work is one major key to econemy of movment, so you can utilize slight foot shifts,hip bends and knee bends with added footwork for evasion and stunning finishes.

To visulize where your head ends up and why on all the footwork.
    how to close the gap safley by taking control of one of his arms, closing the gap while moving away and avoiding his other one ,making your weight count 100 per cent behind the move.

There is no end to what you can practice;

Visualize moving away from the danger of the shot and the other arm if posible ,put your counter shot through their centre line so it cuts off the path of their other arm.So they have one spent arm and one that is cut off at the pass (imagine their reaction,their arms will fold in on your shot just through instinct, so you roll and slip again and take them out from the side, or double or triple up the one shot high and low and high.

Practice everything that works, ducking a jab and follow its path back to the source with your rear hand (so its hidden from their view which is a Ko shot when its not seen comming ).

Counter shots utilizing their extended arm as a cover so the replys are hidden etc.
    Think about your footwork ,body twists ,leg lifts that will allow you to bodily avoid them in complete saftey and reply with full weight and hidden intent.

Go under a straight shot,pull your front foot backand put your back foot forward as you go under; switch stance as your going under then you drop a bomb over the top off your rear arm with full weight shift and its covered from sight by their own shoulder, you go over the shoulder and you land a temple bomb backed by full weight shift.You move out and in all in one shot.

You can even do the same footowrk around punch that comes straight at you!you just have to make the moves one then two so it takes you out of danger around the shot and back into full contact range out of reach of their other arm.

Imagine having your head right next to theirs, you are cheek to cheek as often happens after close in work and your both leaning in tieing up and fighting for a gap, Make a gap by leaning out slightly ,Cover both his arms with your inside arm ,pull your head back to create an opening and short hook him right to the temple as you turn in.

Even a slight foot shift under your firing arm will often give you a gap for that shot.

Have fun ,but do everything for a valid reason.

Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks mate.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did you see that interview with MAywheather on Espn latley ? We got it last night here and he was actually showing you some moves and how to think in close.
    I know he is full of himself (disrespectful and rude too)and i'd love to see him go down off hard hit for it (go Gatti),but he is the man to watch for boxing finess and his state of mind and blunt honesty comes from knowing it.
    Keep you eyes on him he does subtle centerline changes , arm pins and utilizes stance shifts and timing disruptions that most people wouldnt know happened.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Where can I download it?

Thread Information