Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Conor Benn vs Samuel Vargas - 10/4/21 - Sky Sports/DAZN

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Denilson3.0 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Compassionate ref I guess, the way Vargas head was snapping back tells you that he was getting banged out if it continued much longer.
    Benns speed is unreal
    It was a matchroom stoppage. I've seen too many of them type stoppages in the UK. Vargas was hurt, but he was clearly able to continue and it was obvious immediately after the ref stopped the fight.

Wow I thought you'd be all for the black fighter having an easy night.
    Maybe your de colouring in your wiser years 😁
    Nope. I still have my beliefs and they have not changed one bit. But I'm here to give a boxing opinion. Not a racial one.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pity Benn the younger doesn't have daddies power or we would have a really top fighter.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is because he lacks the raw power of his dad that he has developed his boxing skills. His speed, accuracy and timing are his best weapons now. If he stays focused, keeps developing these attributes and is successful as he goes up the levels in opposition he could be a success. I still do not think he has enough to become a legitimate world champion but if he is manoeuvred right he could get a title.

Khan, the diva, has turned him down already scared he will get knocked out by an up and coming prospect. The opponents Conor named were all old fighters (Khan, Broner and Porter) at the end of their career which is about the right level and test for him now.

Conor did not mention Avanesyan and dismissed Josh Kelly for a reason. They would be too much for him at this stage.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    It is because he lacks the raw power of his dad that he has developed his boxing skills. His speed, accuracy and timing are his best weapons now. If he stays focused, keeps developing these attributes and is successful as he goes up the levels in opposition he could be a success. I still do not think he has enough to become a legitimate world champion but if he is manoeuvred right he could get a title.

Khan, the diva, has turned him down already scared he will get knocked out by an up and coming prospect. The opponents Conor named were all old fighters (Khan, Broner and Porter) at the end of their career which is about the right level and test for him now.

Conor did not mention Avanesyan and dismissed Josh Kelly for a reason. They would be too much for him at this stage.
    Nobody has criticised Amir Khan more than me over the years on here.
    But why the fuck would he be the slightest bit interested in this fight. He doesn’t have to be Benn’s Meal ticket.
    Khan wasn’t tempted by the Brook fight, which would’ve earned him way way more than this fight. So why would this be of any interest?
    To be honest , I was disappointed in Benn after the fight. You can tell a lot about the way someone is thinking with their post fight interview if you read between the lines.
    While he was still in the ring after the KO, He was shouting “pay per view , pay per view.”
    Then he starts calling out a few old “money guys”.
    You still have to earn your stripes. He hasn’t earnt the right for Khan or most other fighters to march to the beat of his drum.
    And he’s not even British Champion yet wants PPV?
    After the impressive way he dealt with Vargas, he should’ve been thinking titles not money. Money will come if you keep doing the right things and keep proving you’re the real deal.
    DO NOT GO LOOKING FOR THE SHORTCUTS!
    Last edited by Primo Carnera; 04-13-2021 at 06:21 PM.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Nobody has criticised Amir Khan more than me over the years on here.
    But why the fuck would he be the slightest bit interested in this fight. He doesn’t have to be Benn’s Meal ticket.
    Khan wasn’t tempted by the Brook fight, which would’ve earned him way way more than this fight. So why would this be of any interest?
    To be honest , I was disappointed in Benn after the fight. You can tell a lot about the way someone is thinking with their post fight interview if you read between the lines.
    While he was still in the ring after the KO, He was shouting “pay per view , pay per view.”
    Then he starts calling out a few old “money guys”.
    You still have to earn your stripes. He hasn’t earnt the right for Khan or most other fighters to march to the beat of his drum.
    And he’s not even British Champion yet wants PPV?
    After the impressive way he dealt with Vargas, he should’ve been thinking titles not money. Money will come if you keep doing the right things and keep proving you’re the real deal.
    DO NOT GO LOOKING FOR THE SHORTCUTS!
    I just read this morning in the Bolton news (our local press), Khan wants one more fight.
    As you rightly say it isn't going to be against Benn, who in fairness has a lot to prove before he has any clout.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Thread Information