Thread: Canleo could fight on HBO; Clottey, Andrade or Kirkland being mentioned

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Canleo could fight on HBO; Clottey, Andrade or Kirkland being mentioned

De La Hoya Open To HBO Televising Next Canelo Fight - Boxing News

I would prefer the Kirkland showdown, not too keen on the Clottey showdown but he is the frontrunner: Team Canelo Confirm Clottey is The Frontrunner - Boxing News

HBO have also said they will work with Goldenboy again.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canleo could fight on HBO; Clottey, Andrade or Kirkland being mentioned

Kirkland would be a blockbuster. Big BIG!

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canleo could fight on HBO; Clottey, Andrade or Kirkland being mentioned

If it's on regular HBO, any of those 3 would be legit. I actually think Clottey might have the best chance, but he'd more than likely just make it frustrating. Still, I think that's the best Andrare could hope to do as well, at least we know Clottey is going to hang tough. If I were Canelo I'd definitely hope for Kirkland, don't see how he would struggle much there.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    If it's on regular HBO, any of those 3 would be legit. I actually think Clottey might have the best chance, but he'd more than likely just make it frustrating. Still, I think that's the best Andrare could hope to do as well, at least we know Clottey is going to hang tough. If I were Canelo I'd definitely hope for Kirkland, don't see how he would struggle much there.
    Kirkland no dobut would be the most entertaining out of the three. He would bring it from round one, that would be a great fight. Shame Kirkland hasn't fought once this year, does anybody know why?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Kirkland no dobut would be the most entertaining out of the three. He would bring it from round one, that would be a great fight. Shame Kirkland hasn't fought once this year, does anybody know why?
    Maybe he's only had offers to fight guys who are good? :P I don't rate Kirkland highly, but he'd obviously bring the excitement and let Canelo fight his fight, that seems like it should be the frontrunner to me as well. Why would they want Clottey, after the Lara fight especially? Thats the kind of guy he should be bringing into camp for sparring, all risk no reward for just about anyone at this point.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Clottey is a punching bag at this point. He is made for Canelo. Kirkland would bring the pain and be exciting to watch, but once again Kirkland is limited and made to order for Canelo. Andrade is interesting, but I think he is too green at this point. So in summary: Clottey is the guy I would least like to see fight Canelo as he would get pounded on for 12 rounds while in his "shell" defense and I would be robbed of a spectacular knockout. Andrade would be an interesting fight and has the best chance to pull off the upset, but may be too green to capitalize on the opportunity so he is my 2nd choice. Kirkland is made to order for Canelo, but will bring the pain and go out on his shield, making him my top choice of the three.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kirkland would make it exciting but he gets ko'd . Clottey loses a boring fight. Andrade makes a great choice for Canelo

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As far as pure ratings spectacle Kirkland would be the logical choice, also think he'd be the most vulnerable and get short circuited ko'd early. Makes sense. Clottey I don't just get and can see Andrade 'style' giving him the most problems..and the viewers problems Here's an idea for a guy who was screwed out of a title fight...fight a Jermell Charlo. I give him a better shot of all 3 vs Canelo.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    As far as pure ratings spectacle Kirkland would be the logical choice, also think he'd be the most vulnerable and get short circuited ko'd early. Makes sense. Clottey I don't just get and can see Andrade 'style' giving him the most problems..and the viewers problems Here's an idea for a guy who was screwed out of a title fight...fight a Jermell Charlo. I give him a better shot of all 3 vs Canelo.
    Does anyone think Kirkland would win?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

None of these guys are bad for regular HBO. Clottey looked terrific against Mundine last time out. I get it: it's Mundine. Andrade seems from a style POV that he might be tough for Canelo, but I agree with the other poster that it might be best for him to make a few defenses of his belt. Kirkland is the best option. On the other hand, isn't Kirkland MIA?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Does anyone think Kirkland would win?
    Maybe Anne Wolfe. If they went tag team, her first, I see an upset..followed by multiple charges

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let it be Andrade, please. Clottey needs a title in an easier fashion.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    De La Hoya Open To HBO Televising Next Canelo Fight - Boxing News

I would prefer the Kirkland showdown, not too keen on the Clottey showdown but he is the frontrunner: Team Canelo Confirm Clottey is The Frontrunner - Boxing News

HBO have also said they will work with Goldenboy again.
    Oscar seems to be doing the right things to get GB on track again. Maybe Schaefer wasn't the good guy everyone wanted us to believe. You can't trust anything any of them say, a howling pack of habitual liars. imo
    Come to think of it, Arum seems to be coming off as the least offensive, to me anyway.
    Last edited by beenKOed; 09-04-2014 at 05:26 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If they make canelo vs cotto for cinco de mayo weekend On hbo to compete with floyd vs whoever on showtime. That would be classic!! Floyd will def need a big name like manny paqiuao.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Abelardus View Post
    If they make canelo vs cotto for cinco de mayo weekend On hbo to compete with floyd vs whoever on showtime. That would be classic!! Floyd will def need a big name like manny paqiuao.
    That would be a shame having 2 great boxing matches on one night.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information