Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Teofimo Lopez v George Kambosos Jr. 27/11/2021

Jeff Fenech winning at 3 weights must be up there.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No back flip this time....eh Teo? The takeover got a makeover.

I love when fighters say "no excuses" then make 100 of them

I told you guys - stop fan-boying on fighters until they win a few hard fights against live fighters. Teo has been dining out on that one win against that featherweight guy with an injured shoulder - who he was scared of rematching.

Seriously though I thought Kambosis won but he didn't win it so clearly that if Lopez would've got the nod you'd have said it was a totally robbery. He needs to ditch his dad. He's not a trainer. He's a hype man. Danny Garcia's dad. Shawn Porter's dad. Tyson Fury's dad. Chris Eubank Jr's dad.

Why are the majority of these dads who are in their sons boxing lives so over the top, so overbearing, so attention seeking ? Is this a mid-life crisis ? Are they low key jealous of their sons spotlight ?

At the end I loved the part where Lopez suggested the NYSAC somehow set the New York fighter up to be robbed and send the titles to Australia. You know, the boxing Mecca: Sydney. That sounds totally realistic.

Also all of a sudden Ho ass Cryan Garcia is ready to fight

Finally Teofimo should really be put on suicide watch. He's had documented cases of depression. After the excitement wears off, he's going to be in a dark dark place

Last edited by Denilson3.0; 11-28-2021 at 08:03 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

​Have you all forgotten the great Peter Jackson?
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    Kambosas will be trouble for Teo. Teo isn’t his best tonight and is fighting sloppy and with too much emotion. I think this will be an upset.

Most accurate prediction "early-fight." Didn't catch it live... but watched significant amount on highlights.

I wouldn't mind a rematch.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CARD TRICK Bizarre Lopez v Kambosos Jr scorecard revealed as one judge causes shock split decision despite clear winner in New York

GEORGE KAMBOSOS JR dominated Teofimo Lopez in their world lightweight fight but somehow only won on a split decision.

The Australian star won on judges scores of of 115-111, 113-114 and 115-112 in New York to become the new WBA, WBO, IBF and Ring champion.

Fighting in his first world title contest, the 28-year-old floored Lopez in the opening round, before being dropped himself in the tenth round.

But the Sydney native bossed the majority of the bout as he kept his 24-year-old opponent at bay with his jab for large periods at time.

And it came to a surprise to most people when it was announced that a third judge was needed to decide the winner of the dust-up.

Judge Don Trella somehow scored the fight in favour of Lopez by one round, while Frank Lombardi and Glenn Feldman had Kambosos Jr four and three rounds up respectively.

George Kambosos Jr outpointed Teofimo Lopez in New York to become the unified lightweight champion

What is even more baffling is that Trella scored the first round 10-9 for Kambosos Jr, despite him sending Lopez crashing to the canvas.

Feldman also had it 10-9 for the challenger in round one with the pair believing that Lopez wasn't outclassed in the first three minutes.

Trella also awarded the tenth round 10-8 in Lopez's favour after the American scored a knockdown of his own.

All three judges agreed that Kambosos Jr won the first half of the fight, with Lopez nicking late rounds as the former tired.

To the amazement of the boxing world, Lopez declared that he should have had his hand raised as the winner.

LOPEZ SHOCK COMMENTS
    He even stated that he won 10-2 on rounds, though insisted that he isn't a 'sore loser'.

Lopez said: "He’s a hell of a fighter, but I won tonight, everybody knows that.

“The referee raised my hand. I won tonight, I don't care what anybody says. I want to thank everybody that came out tonight, look, I ain’t no sore loser, I take my wins like I take my losses.

“At the end of the day I’m a true champion, I did what I had to do, and I went out there and did my best.

"I don’t care what anybody says, I am as real as they come, and this is the takeover man, we don’t stop, we keep coming."

Before adding: "At the end of the night, I scored it 11-2 -10-2."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/16873...ards-revealed/

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just watched it. I was ok with Teo coming out hard. I think he and I both were surprised at how well Kambosos took that lead and overhand over and over.
    The shot that dropped Teo was also a doozy, they both should credible chins, leaky defense and emotionally driven!

Somewhere here I stated Teo would be the man in 2020, but that he would eventually lose. I didnt expect him to be ghost till now. Loma being such a slow starter contributed to Teo's win. As for George, Kambosos takes too many shots. Kudos for that chin though! Teo was str8 loading up. Piss poor loser. Congrats George. He loses the belt in 2/3 fights.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE THIRD MAN View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    They were pushing this as the best win in Australian boxing history, so is it? Kostya tszyu was pretty good to be fair but did he have a win like this one? He cleaned out Judah but Lopez had just defeated a guy who was obviously extremely good(lomachenko).. and of course there was that time Roy Jones went to Europe (as per bhop) and was cleaned out by Danny Green in the first round.....that's why bhop doesn't go to Europe:S..........

Horn beating PAC man must be up there too(I didn't think that was a terrible decision btw)...

So what is Australias greatest boxing win?
    It's still Tszyu sparking Judah in 2 rounds, who was expected to win, Tszyu went and defended several times. George must beat Loma and defend a couple of times before any of his efforts are the "best ever" by an Aussie"?
    kostya unifying against zab is still tops. george should look to defend a couple of times over here
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Apparently there is no rematch clause. Good, Teo's behavior post fight doesn't warrant one, he goes back to the end of the line IMO. Loma, Haney, Garcia, Davis, George Jr has plenty of options and Lopez is not on the top of the list. Whoever he fights it will be exciting, he gets hit far too much, but whoever his opponent is will be in for a tough night. Lopez got busted up pretty badly, will Garcia be prepared for that?

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fans punked him. Loved the way they boo'd Teo. And he got an atitude with his own fans LMAO! I dont care what nobody thinks...I won!

Lomachenko was kicking himself. He now has to know he lost to Teo by way of too much examination. Had he took the fight to Teo, he may have been the one taking on Kambosos.

Loma UD Kambosos, last year, this year, next year.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seems Teo fought with pneumomediastinum, basically a rip in his throat had led to his body filling with air. Teo assumed it was just his asthma so he didn’t tell anyone about his symptoms. He very very easily could have died. Not a fan of Teo but to go into a fight in this condition and fight in this condition says a lot about him.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Seems Teo fought with pneumomediastinum, basically a rip in his throat had led to his body filling with air. Teo assumed it was just his asthma so he didn’t tell anyone about his symptoms. He very very easily could have died. Not a fan of Teo but to go into a fight in this condition and fight in this condition says a lot about him.
    I read this and have to agree with you- I’m not a fan but that is pretty impressive and humbling. You have to be unbelievably strong mentally to fight like that with that condition. Makes sense as to why he came out swinging like he did- not emotion as much as hoping to end the fight early/prior to his condition impacting his stamina.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

FRIGHTENING Doctor confirms Teofimo Lopez ‘could have died’ during George Kambosos Jr defeat after contracting illness which could have caused his lungs to collapse

Teofimo Lopez ‘could have died’ during his fight with George Kambosos Jr after contracting pneumomediastinum – a condition which could have caused his lung to collapse in the ring.

The lightweight relinquished his world titles to the Australian as he suffered a surprise loss at the hands of the judges, getting dropped in the very first round.

Lopez was markedly different from the fighter who outfought Vasyl Lomachenko in October last year with critics suggested it was just overconfidence or complacency.

Yet the leading physicians and doctors who examined ‘The Takeover’ in the ensuing week after the fight have confirmed just how serious his condition was.

“He could have died, for sure,” Dr. Linda Dahl told ESPN, an otolaryngologist (ENT) with surgical privileges at three prestigious Manhattan hospitals.

“How he breathed, I can’t even explain to you. It’s like somebody tied a 300-pound set of weights around his chest, like his neck and chest were in a vice.

“That’s how he fought.”

The 24-year-old contracted COVID in June and has suffered with asthma since he was six, with doctors determining he should go to hospital immediately after the fight and he was given oxygen.

By 4.37am in New York, a CT scan determined Lopez had ‘extensive air’ in his neck cavities.

According to the report, the issues flared up after he had rehydrated at the restaurant Carmine’s where his chest became tight, his breathing became laboured and his neck began to swell.

Despite his father, Teofimo Sr, insisting he should go to hospital, Lopez feared the fight would be cancelled and he fought on regardless.

“The air was surrounding his chest wall and his heart and his neck -places where air is not supposed to be,” said Dahl, who worked as a ringside physician for the New York State Athletic Commission.

“If he was hit in the neck or the chest — a certain way, in a certain place- he could have developed a pneumothorax [collapsed lung].

“He would have instantly been down and unable to breathe and needing a chest tube.”

“I looked at the scan when I saw him Monday morning,” Dahl concluded. “I just said, ‘Thank God you’re alive.'”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/9...illness-lungs/

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This 100% Changes the victory. Ala Holyfield-Moorer. Rematch was a clinic, this would be as well. Rematch easily warranted.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    This 100% Changes the victory. Ala Holyfield-Moorer. Rematch was a clinic, this would be as well. Rematch easily warranted.
    I don’t think Teo has interest in trying to make 135lbs anymore

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

excuses don't change the result. teo lost & would do so again
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Thread Information