Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Brook Vs Khan For May....Maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    International Boxing Federation (IBF) welterweight champion Kell Brook believes that fellow countryman Amir Khan needs to leave the boxing world and vows to end the boxer's career if they clash in the ring.

Promoter Eddie Hearn recently revealed that both the sides are keen for a clash, with Old Trafford said to be a potential venue. In the past, both Brook and Khan have come out and expressed willingness to fight but nothing has come up on that front so far.

Brook who stepped up to the middleweight from the welterweight category in his most recent outing to fight IBF and WBC champion Gennady Golovkin struggled against his opponent, losing in the fifth round at the O2 Arena in London. Despite his loss, the Brit is confident of beating Khan and said he was ready to fight whenever he was ready.

"We need to get that drama queen signed up and get rid of him for good. I'm ready to sign. I'm ready to do the job, get in there and end his career. He needs to be gone from boxing to be honest and I'm the man to do it", said Brook to Talksport.

Khan too is coming off a loss in his most recent fight, where he was dominated by Saul "Canelo" Alvarez who knocked him out in the sixth round at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas on 7 May. The 30-year-old who jumped two weight divisions to fight at a catch weight of 155lbs has been out of action since the fight and is currently recovering from a hand surgery.

"He has got nowhere else to go. It is the biggest fight money-wise at this level. They are all going to be hard fights so why not take a dangerous fight for the most amount of money. He has obviously been in some big fights and he needs this kind of fight to get him up in the morning. It's the same for me. I am ready to go anywhere."

Kell Brook lashes out at Amir Khan and pledges to end his career
    I made my previous post about the Khanishans as a joke, little did I know it would come true, you couldn't make it up! Brook should go elsewhere, whatever the loss of money, but unfortunately I doubt he will.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Amir Khan says he is simply "a better fighter" than Kell Brook as he looks to get a British super-bout agreed for 2017.

In an exclusive interview with Sky Sports News HQ, the Bolton welterweight said he was keen to face his biggest domestic rival Brook at Wembley Stadium in the latter part of next year.

Brook (36-1-KO25) has been out of action since May, when he was brutally knocked out by Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez in a bid to win the WBC middleweight title, but he is back in training camp in the United States and is readying himself for a "tune-up" fight before, he hopes, taking on Brook.

Khan (31-4-KO19) has since undergone extensive surgery on his hand, while Brook also suffered a heavy defeat in his last outing, needing an operation on a fractured eye socket after he was stopped by Gennady Golovkin.

Khan said: "I'm a better fighter, a much more skilful fighter. I've been in with better opposition than Kell.

"I think Golovkin is the only 'A' fighter he has fought. With me, I've been in with the likes of [Marcos] Maidana, Danny Garcia, Zab Judah - I've fought the best names in boxing. I think it's time now where I shut Kell Brook up, and his team, and I settle the score to show who the No 1, and the best fighter in the UK, is.

"I am happy to take that fight. I always said Kell Brook has to prove himself and he has done that by getting in the ring with Golovkin.

"He showed he is a tough guy and he's not afraid of fighting anyone, and it's worth now going into the ring with someone like Kell Brook. No one really knew him in America but now he has made a few noises.

"We do have our problems and we do want to settle the score, but the right way in the boxing ring. Then we can show who the best 147lb fighter is. I've told my team I want the fight.

"That fight makes sense for both of us. Let's make it a big fight now. Kell wants it and I want it. We are in talks and let's make it happen now.

"I'm not going to disrespect Kell. He put up a great fight against Golovkin, who is a tough guy a lot of people are scared of. Kell gave it his best - obviously he fell short but at the end of the day he is a great fighter. Boxing is all about the best fighting the best."

Khan has not fought in the United Kingdom since early 2013, with the Alvarez defeat coming in his third Las Vegas bout, but he is keen to fight in front of his home fans again as soon as possible.

"We can sell that fight out, the two of us alone. Let's get the fight done in 2017. It's a good fight for the fans," Khan added.

"When a fight like that happens it has to be Wembley Stadium. It's a massive fight and one that could sell in big numbers. It could happen maybe summer time or the end of the year. Both fighters have to be ready.

"Obviously, with Kell having that surgery and me having the surgery, I want to get back in the ring and have a tune-up fight come April just to get my hand back in action and see how I feel. Maybe the one after that could be Kell Brook."

As well as Brook, Khan has his sights set on Danny Garcia and Lamont Peterson, two of the fighters to have beaten him.

Khan's second career defeat came at the hands of Peterson in 2011 and his next fight would also end in disappointment when he was stopped by Garcia as he tried to claim the WBC super-lightweight belt.

On a Garcia rematch, Khan said: "That's something I have always wanted. I met Danny in Miami and we had a chat. He said to me 'Look, it's going to happen again some day. Don't know when'.

"I'm sure Al Haymon will get that fight one day for me. It's something I want as I have unfinished business with him. The only reason I can't get that fight just yet is because Danny is fighting Keith Thurman, and that is a unification fight so it overrides any mandatory. That's another fight out there for me. There are some big names like him and Peterson.

"I feel as good as when I was 25. I am keeping my body clean, I'm training very hard. I treat my body very well and I might have another three years left in me. Boxing has been great for me and I just want to give the fans the fights they want."

Khan: I'm better than Brook
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Before the 3G fight i'd have had Khan down to win this by a big points margin but now i'm not so sure he can keep Brook off him for 12 rounds.
    Brook must know that if he take that type of power that Golovkin hit him with he can walk through anything Khan hits him with.
    I have a gut feeling that Canelo beat the last bit of fight out of Amir and this could be an easy nights work for Brook which he'll win by KO.
    Shame this never happened years ago when it was red hot but still i think it's a big big fight - Wembley Stadium sized fight? I'm not so sure about that

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed . Khan can't avoid him for twelve rounds and he knows it.

Khan can only win on points.

Brook can look to finish this inside 3
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Before the 3G fight i'd have had Khan down to win this by a big points margin but now i'm not so sure he can keep Brook off him for 12 rounds.
    Brook must know that if he take that type of power that Golovkin hit him with he can walk through anything Khan hits him with.
    I have a gut feeling that Canelo beat the last bit of fight out of Amir and this could be an easy nights work for Brook which he'll win by KO.
    Shame this never happened years ago when it was red hot but still i think it's a big big fight - Wembley Stadium sized fight? I'm not so sure about that
    Khan is deluded if he thinks Brooks is now worthy to fight him just because Kell got battered by GGG. It undermines the value of the fight with both of them being knocked out in their last fights in 5 and 6 rounds.

This will not stop Sky/Eddie talking up this fight for all it is worth which are 2 fighters that are damaged goods. It will be funny watching them peddle this rubbish as sky box office ppv.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Khan is deluded if he thinks Brooks is now worthy to fight him just because Kell got battered by GGG. It undermines the value of the fight with both of them being knocked out in their last fights in 5 and 6 rounds.

This will not stop Sky/Eddie talking up this fight for all it is worth which are 2 fighters that are damaged goods. It will be funny watching them peddle this rubbish as sky box office ppv.

How is Brook "damaged goods" ?
    If anything his stock/levels of respect have doubled since fighting Golovkin, he moved up in weight for the first time ever and went straight into a fight with one of the worlds best and definitely hardest hitting fighters and made a real go of it backing Golovkin up at times.
    No shame at all in that and Brook did himself proud that night.
    Khan may well be "damaged goods" after such a Brutal KO but only time will tell.
    This is a grudge match that real fight fans still wanna see as anything can happen when Khan fights and he's rarely in a dull fight.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brook has a broken eye socket, that is damaged in my eyes.

Khan has the advantage at welterweight because he can make the weight easier than Kell and he has speed. I am sure Brook will agree to fight at welterweight but I am sure he would prefer it at light middle.

This fight is happening because they have limited other big options and have now been spoilt wanting to have big paydays.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have just had a text message to say that Khan is going to be fighting Danny Garcia ''before'' he fights Brook

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I have just had a text message to say that Khan is going to be fighting Danny Garcia ''before'' he fights Brook

That ain't happening @Batman
    https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-new...-thurman/67262

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post

That ain't happening @Batman
    https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-new...-thurman/67262
    this is the message I had come through (it is from the sun so its probably a load of bollocks)

Amir Khan is expected to fight Danny Garcia following surgery on his broken hand BEFORE taking on Kell Brook later in 2017

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That sun article is rubbish, Batman you should know better.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khans wife has been quoted today as saying that Amir tore up the Pre Nup papers to prove his "Love and seriousness for her"

IF that is the case she is in a perfect position to take him to the fucking cleaners financially what with the alleged abuse she's been suffering from his family.

Wonder if that's the real reason that Amir is all of a sudden being very vocal regarding a Huge Payday fight against Brook?

He might know what is potentially coming his way (divorce) and he is definitely a genuine multi millionaire and got paid massively for the Canelo fight.

Makes you wonder

Amir Khan's wife Faryal claims boxer tore up £30million pre-nup... when she told him she was pregnant - Mirror Online

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And let's be real here....

There's no chance Khan is going anywhere near Garcia again before a Brook fight, he'll have an easy tune up then cash in on Brook 100%

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've always rated Brook as a fighter, and think he handily beats Amir whether they fought now, or at any point in the past.

Too big, too strong, too powerful, too skilled for Khan.

The only questions are about his fighting weight now, and whether the beating (and it was a battering) that he took from GGG will affect his confidence.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Thread Information