Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Brook-Gavin/AJ-Kingpin/Mitchell-Linares/Selby-Grad - The o2 Arena, London ,

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Brook-Gavin/AJ-Kingpin/Mitchell-Linares/Selby-Grad - The o2 Arena, London ,

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Manos de Piedra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    People have full right to disagree with me here because obviously there's no proof but Joshua definitely looks juiced, most suspicious physique since Evander.
    I think he is defo on something, especially after I saw his bodybuilder gut at the weigh in. I was about to mention it in the other thread about Betlran being caught cheating.
    Your hands are made of stone so it has to be true.
    I think hands being made of stone is worse than taking PEDs. In that case I should stay quiet.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Brook-Gavin/AJ-Kingpin/Mitchell-Linares/Selby-Grad - The o2 Arena, London ,

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    what we all expected

Khan time
    Gavin didn't belong in the ring with Brook. Khan got grief for picking Algieri and I think Gavin was a worse match up. In hindsight Algieri proved to be a good underrated fighter but that isn't the point. I think Brooks should get grief now if they don't try to make a big fight with the likes of Bradley or Thurman next. Brook camp seem happy coasting like team Danny 'Gift' Garcia.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Wilder wrecks Joshua. I would like to see him fight Tony Thompson.
    I don't know how you can say anybody comprehensively beats him considering we don't even know what his weaknesses are yet. Especially when you consider that Joshua is clearly the more skilled fighter out of the two.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People have full right to disagree with me here because obviously there's no proof but Joshua definitely looks juiced, most suspicious physique since Evander.
    Just last year he had a batch of A-Side Meth delivered to his next door neighbour Joshua Anthony

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joshua puts his short punches together so well , his uppercut at the end of the first round reminded me of a Tyson rally , and what is impressive is he is such a big fighter to have that variety.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think when he stated he wanted to be like Mike - tried to fight like him. I think it was Rob McKracken who dissuaded him. But he obviously like to be that guy.

That little slip and hook was beautiful. He needs to fight a proven puncher that is beatable before he takes too big of a step up.

The Thompson fight ain't a bad idea either.
    Last edited by Master; 05-31-2015 at 05:53 PM.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As I said last night was first time at the O2 for boxing for me.
    Previously I have been to M.E.N, Millennium Stadium, Wembley Arena, Cardiff Ice Arena, York Hall, Sheffield Arena, Excel London and some shybo at Xscape Milton Keynes.

I had heard that the O2 was the best boxing experience in the UK. Personally I thought it was the worst of any I'd been to.
    The view was good, but the acoustics were shit for atmosphere and announcements etc.
    The worst thing though was the queues for the bars and the toilets.

I mean, 20 minutes queue to go for a piss. Everytime.
    At first 20 minutes queue for a beer which I thought was bad enough. But that became 50 fucking minutes. I sent the girl before the Mitchell fight to get a carry case full of beer and the poor girl was gone for an hour and missed the entire fight, even though they hadn't even started ring walks when she went.
    Getting food - impossible. Gave up after half hour of moving about 2 feet in a queue.

I missed massive chunks of the action and the missus missed even more.
    Basically if you want to enjoy the boxing and have a drink/a bite to eat/not have your bladder burst then avoid the O2.

As for the fights the Brook fight was not one to translate well as an 'arena' fight.
    Mitchell fight was great. I could see straight away that Mitchell was in trouble. Even when he scored the knockdown I could just only see it going one way. Just too lightweight and moved by almost everything he was hit with.
    Selby was good but some of those rounds were pretty close I thought. His reflexes and footwork don't seem all that much and can see him getting tagged often.

Clev's 'fight' was obviously silly but his body shot was the only shot of the night you could hear thudding in from our seats.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh and Buffer's voice is nowhere near as powerful and clear as the last time I saw him live.
    2011/12 - 2nd

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ryanman View Post
    Previously I have been to M.E.N, Millennium Stadium, Wembley Arena, Cardiff Ice Arena, York Hall, Sheffield Arena, Excel London and some shybo at Xscape Milton Keynes.

I had heard that the O2 was the best boxing experience in the UK. Personally I thought it was the worst of any I'd been to.
    The view was good, but the acoustics were shit for atmosphere and announcements etc.

At first 20 minutes queue for a beer which I thought was bad enough. But that became 50 fucking minutes. I sent the girl before the Mitchell fight to get a carry case full of beer and the poor girl was gone for an hour and missed the entire fight, even though they hadn't even started ring walks when she went.
    Getting food - impossible. Gave up after half hour of moving about 2 feet in a queue.

Basically if you want to enjoy the boxing and have a drink/a bite to eat/not have your bladder burst then avoid the O2.

As for the fights the Brook fight was not one to translate well as an 'arena' fight.
    Mitchell fight was great. I could see straight away that Mitchell was in trouble. Even when he scored the knockdown I could just only see it going one way. Just too lightweight and moved by almost everything he was hit with.
    Selby was good but some of those rounds were pretty close I thought. His reflexes and footwork don't seem all that much and can see him getting tagged often.

Clev's 'fight' was obviously silly but his body shot was the only shot of the night you could hear thudding in from our seats.
    Add some bad knees to that list and you'll see why I like my PPV. Factor in your time and the expense getting there, then it's a lopsided decision to stay home with PPV, in my opinion.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Fair play to Gavin he can make any fight pony
    Ha! It is a rare talent. I have a similar skill where i touch houseplants and then they wilt and sometimes die. Not a great super power.
    Houseplants? They don't appreciate a thing you do for them. Only good as gifts, to your enemies.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@ryanman I agree with you. I went to the O2 for Haye-Maccarinelli and I hated it. I recommend the NIA (now Barclaycard Arena) if you like the MEN in Manchester. They're both very good and similar.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post

@ryanman I agree with you. I went to the O2 for Haye-Maccarinelli and I hated it. I recommend the NIA (now Barclaycard Arena) if you like the MEN in Manchester. They're both very good and similar.
    Never been to the NIA but will certainly consider it next time there is something there. Love the M.E.N (it's important to put the full stops between those initials or you are saying something entirely different ) for atmosphere, views, loads of bar staff that serve lightening quick (and have loads ready for those that don't care if it's straight out the tap) and it's bang in the city so you can just chill nearby right up until you want to go in - no fucking around.
    2011/12 - 2nd

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    Just last year he had a batch of A-Side Meth delivered to his next door neighbour Joshua Anthony
    You can look at Joshua and tell that's not a natural physique, all jokes aside, he's got those stuck in place steroid bodybuilder abs.

Thread Information