Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Chris Eubank Jr-Avni Yildirim

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GaMo View Post
    Haven't seen any of tonight's fight. I don't have to. I'm not interested. Groves beats Eubank Jr. DeGale beats Eubank Jr. Callum Smith beats Eubank Jr. any guy who can actually box a little and is not a standing target beats Eubank Jr.
    Eubank has a great engine.............and that's it!
    You are discounting the skills of Eubank Junior. His combinations are very impressive.
    Of course he is talking to him about Eubank is like talking to you about Mayweather
    Right, I've just watched it, so let's start by giving the cunt some credit.
    1. Tbf to Eubank, I think that's the best I've seen him. His jab was good and his movement was good. Hit Yildirim with some nice shots too.
    2. He's fighting away from home in a pretty hostile atmosphere and it didn't faze him one bit.
    3. He's dealt very well with an unbeaten guy and closed the show well.
    However........
    1. Yildirim was very easy to look good against . No movement, no jab, walked forward without throwing anything and when he did throw, he left himself wide open. But hey, that's not Eubank's fault, you can only beat what's in front of you.
    2. Eubank's percentage of punches landed was pretty poor.
    3. A lot of wasted energy and was allowed to take breaks and lean on regularly. A more mobile fighter wouldn't allow that.
    In summary, there was definite improvement, but Groves still beats him unless he makes a few monumental mistakes and allows himself to get hit by that crude uppercut .
    I think that is exactly what happens. Groves get clipped and then Junior stops him.

I hope so!

Why was the German crowd rooting for a Turk

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haven't seen any of tonight's fight. I don't have to. I'm not interested. Groves beats Eubank Jr. DeGale beats Eubank Jr. Callum Smith beats Eubank Jr. any guy who can actually box a little and is not a standing target beats Eubank Jr.
    You are discounting the skills of Eubank Junior. His combinations are very impressive.
    Of course he is talking to him about Eubank is like talking to you about Mayweather
    1. Tbf to Eubank, I think that's the best I've seen him. His jab was good and his movement was good. Hit Yildirim with some nice shots too.
    2. He's fighting away from home in a pretty hostile atmosphere and it didn't faze him one bit.
    However........
    1. Yildirim was very easy to look good against . No movement, no jab, walked forward without throwing anything and when he did throw, he left himself wide open. But hey, that's not Eubank's fault, you can only beat what's in front of you.
    3. A lot of wasted energy and was allowed to take breaks and lean on regularly. A more mobile fighter wouldn't allow that.
    In summary, there was definite improvement, but Groves still beats him unless he makes a few monumental mistakes and allows himself to get hit by that crude uppercut .
    I think that is exactly what happens. Groves get clipped and then Junior stops him.

I hope so!

I didn't actually think about that, is there a large community of Turks in Germany?
    Maybe they didn't so much as root for the Turk, maybe they just really really disliked Jr

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

However........

I hope so!

Massive Turkish ex pat community in Germany. In football , you've had Mehmet Scholl, Mezut Ozil, Emre Can and Gundogan all represent Germany.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

However........

I hope so!

Massive Turkish ex pat community in Germany. In football , you've had Mehmet Scholl, Mezut Ozil, Emre Can and Gundogan all represent Germany.

Massive Muslim community now they’ve left the doors open.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

See Jr doesn't actually come across poorly here I don't think, however it is worth skipping to 2:30 just to see Snr coach him through the interview and remind him to mention ITV PPV

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jr looked good he just gave Yildirim a boxing lesson pain in the ass last night three different shows on TV at the same time all or nothing as they say a bit stupid really all fighting for viewers.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Batman Froch and Calzaghe come across like much bigger twats to be honest and don’t get me started on that cunt Saunders

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes many muslim's in Germany thanks to spineless politicians.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shades of a violent finish ala Sr. over John Jarvis.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eubank has good speed and he hits with force if the opponent comes to him , like his father before him he isn't effective if he is against a mover.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Definitely the best I've seen Jr look and although Yildirim was found out he looked decent on paper coming in. I would have liked to see the ref give a count, not sure he makes it up and the end was in sight but at least give the guy the opportunity.
    They live, We sleep

Thread Information