Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default World Series thread

Yes, yes..... I know you were all breathlessly waiting to hear about this.

So the Red Sox and Dodgers are at it for the opening game of the 2018 World Series. Sale vs. Kershaw on the mound. Currently a 2-2 ballgame at Fenway Park. East Coast vs. West Coast Series.

Nothing like the atmosphere at the beginning of a World Series.

Go BoSox!!!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: World Series thread

3-3 now. Those pesky Dodgers keep coming back.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

5-3 Boston through the top of the 6th. Both starters are gone, and Boston has Joe Kelly in there throwing 100-mph heat.

So far so good. Go Sox!!!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dodgers had climbed back to 5-4 before Eduardo Nuñez hit a 3-run homer off Alex Wood with two outs in the bottom of the 7th.

8-4 Red Sox!!! Damn good game!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Red Sox wrap it up and win Game 1. By popular demand, I'll be continuing the inning-by-innings in the rest of the Series.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Say what you want about baseball, the atmosphere of a big park feud is hard to match. Go Dodgers!

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What other countries have entered their team's in this world series.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, I know @Master ..... the name. But in this case it's just a case of a tradition being over 100 years old.

Besides.... everyone knows the best baseball players come from the Caribbean.

TBH, I have more a problem with the Little League World Series setup, where it's set up so that it will always be a U.S. team in the final versus a team from anywhere else. Talk about skewed.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Players from literally all over the world, teams from the US and Canada....the MLB is THE first and best baseball league in the world ergo World Series so stop being a whiny baby about it being called the World Series. Fucking hell.

It's like the Champions League in soccer, the winner of that is the best club in the world even though it is a competition among only European Clubs....the best PLAYERS in the world are there.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Say what you want about baseball, the atmosphere of a big park feud is hard to match. Go Dodgers!
    Wut?

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Players from literally all over the world, teams from the US and Canada....the MLB is THE first and best baseball league in the world ergo World Series so stop being a whiny baby about it being called the World Series. Fucking hell.

It's like the Champions League in soccer, the winner of that is the best club in the world even though it is a competition among only European Clubs....the best PLAYERS in the world are there.
    Stop being so aggressive I was just asking. In football Champions League is for Europe, they have an Intercontinental Cup which is the best teams in the world.

I know they had Japan in a baseball tournament but it could have been the Olympics. So as you can tell I have no clue what I am talking about in this area.

Go red socks who own Liverpool!

El Kabong Guest

Stop being so aggressive I was just asking. In football Champions League is for Europe, they have an Intercontinental Cup which is the best teams in the world.

I know they had Japan in a baseball tournament but it could have been the Olympics. So as you can tell I have no clue what I am talking about in this area.

You were "just asking" a question many Brits love to bring up in some sort of attempt to say that the World Series shouldn't be called that....Baseball is America's Past Time, we invented the game, the players in the MLB are the best in...THE WORLD. It's like the NBA, the winners of the NBA finals are WORLD champions, the winners of the NFL Super Bowl are WORLD champions....nobody anywhere else would beat them FACT.

As for footy...#1 Do you NOT think the CL winners are the best club in the world? #2 The original Intercontinental Cup ran from 1960-1980 and was abolished in 2004 in favor of the FIFA Club World Cup.

Without looking it up, can you tell me #1 Who is the defending "World Champions" of that competition and #2 Has Liverpool ever participated in that competition?

I mean I ASSUME if we're talking WORLD champions, then it's got to be a far more prestigious trophy than the CL or anything else for a club team.

El Kabong Guest

You don't have Americans complaining about rugby or cricket champions....because we don't do those sports, we have people who do those sports, but our culture isn't about those sports so much.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Like I said, I myself don't have an issue with the World Series being called the World Series. It's as old as dirt.

I'm happy we have the World Baseball Classic now, though. THAT my friends.... is truly the World's Best Baseball Competition, pitting country vs. country.

It's that Little League setup that irks me. How is the U.S. guaranteed a spot in the finals? I'm sure people would be just as interested if say the team from Japan and the one from Puerto Rico squared off in the final.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

You were "just asking" a question many Brits love to bring up in some sort of attempt to say that the World Series shouldn't be called that....Baseball is America's Past Time, we invented the game, the players in the MLB are the best in...THE WORLD. It's like the NBA, the winners of the NBA finals are WORLD champions, the winners of the NFL Super Bowl are WORLD champions....nobody anywhere else would beat them FACT.

As for footy...#1 Do you NOT think the CL winners are the best club in the world? #2 The original Intercontinental Cup ran from 1960-1980 and was abolished in 2004 in favor of the FIFA Club World Cup.

Without looking it up, can you tell me #1 Who is the defending "World Champions" of that competition and #2 Has Liverpool ever participated in that competition?

I mean I ASSUME if we're talking WORLD champions, then it's got to be a far more prestigious trophy than the CL or anything else for a club team.
    I did not even realise it was 100 years old.

Thread Information