Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lacy Bites Back at Calzaghe(I can sense a rematch coming soon¬)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Lacy Bites Back at Calzaghe(I can sense a rematch coming soon¬)

http://doghouseboxing.com/Gabriel/Montoya_092606.htm

seems that things are heating up between Joe Calzaghe and Jeff Lacy. Last week a war of words began between the American ex-champion Lacy and the Welsh current 168 lb. kingpin Calzaghe . After Lacy spoke of a return match "after a couple tune-ups" against the man who gave him his first loss.

Calzaghe responded in the British press claiming that he didn't want "be arrested for aggravated assault".

Now Jeff Lacy has responded here at Doghouse Boxing to Calzaghe's words and seems to take them more as cowardice than bravado. "Yes he
    beat me easy and all that," said Lacy. "If it was me that beat him so easy I would put it on everything. I would take the easy fight once again. So Joe comes make this easy money! I want to see if you have the heart to take the fight again. When I knock you out this time. I will give you a third fight because anyone could have a bad night in the sport of boxing."

Only time will tell if Joe Calzaghe will give Lacy what all fighters deserve: a chance at redemption against the man who first beat them.

SigmaMu Guest

Default Re: Lacy Bites Back at Calzaghe(I can sense a rematch coming soon¬)

Bad night? That is the understatement of the year!

Horrible night is more like it.

I guess maybe this time if they fight again, Jeff will use the left hand he is so infamous for.

He deserves a rematch for the sake of redemption.

If I were Joe C. I would take this fight in a heart beat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is hideous!

Think back to the way Lacy was talking before the fight, and now he says "he beat me easy and all that", what a joke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joe isnt making any other big fights happen, so why not rematch. The only other fights that woud be bigger would be for Joe to unify the rest of the belts. For the money I would think that Lacy right now is the biggest fight at SMW.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TyBuff
    Joe isnt making any other big fights happen, so why not rematch. The only other fights that woud be bigger would be for Joe to unify the rest of the belts. For the money I would think that Lacy right now is the biggest fight at SMW.
    No, Calzaghe will break his hand against Bika and retire due to injury.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People rematch when the fight is close....

there is no need for this to happen again....

Thankyou and Goodnight....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by B@rr3r@

This is true, but outside of a unification fight what is the next biggest fight out there for Joe C. at SMW?? There really isnt another fighter at this weight that can bring in more money and attention than Lacy. Maybe I just dont know the 168 div that well, but what other fight is out there for Joe outside of the other belt holders that will make his name and legacy bigger?
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TyBuff

This is true, but outside of a unification fight what is the next biggest fight out there for Joe C. at SMW?? There really isnt another fighter at this weight that can bring in more money and attention than Lacy. Maybe I just dont know the 168 div that well, but what other fight is out there for Joe outside of the other belt holders that will make his name and legacy bigger?
    Joe C wont take another risky fight yet, so it doesnt matter how much money they offer...

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

THat is ridiculous... I love how the article implys that Lacy deserves a rematch against the man who first beat him.... Yeah, maybe if he proves that he isn't as terrible as that man made him look, and proves that he isn't physically or mentally ruined from the beating by actually fighting another live body... A few tune up fights and then Calzaghe... That would really be a joke imo, he needs to fight somebody up and coming or a solid contender, several at that, before I would wan't to see him fight Calzaghe again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

all i wanna know is how many rematches has lacy given to fighters that he humiliated with a near perfect night of boxing? i think the answer is none... and for two reasons 1. he knows theres no point in giving a rematch to bums, and 2. lacy has never put on a perfect boxing performance like the one put on him by joe.... sure hes had a bunch of KOs but joe thoroughly dominated him from start to finish. lacy and the retired klitchko are starting to sound alike. champions look foreward not back. champions make their careers by moving foreward not by running the same guy over twice...no matter what they say.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A rematch ? this is the most funny thing I heard in boxing since long time.

There are no reasons for a rematch, this is quite non sense.

If lacy wants a rematch he must - fight a lot of top contender to prove he still has it, and takes a belt to someone...so in these circumstances, yes there will be something to gain for Joe.

Otherwise, I won't spend money to see another humiliating night like the one we saw. Who for the hell Lacy think he is ? he thinks that he's top material ? hell guy just fight the other top fighters...because you're not match for Joe, not playing in the same league.

This is pretty ridiculous from Lacy and ....silly..

Wow I didn't tha Joe hit so hard if Lacy is asking for a rematch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    http://doghouseboxing.com/Gabriel/Montoya_092606.htm

seems that things are heating up between Joe Calzaghe and Jeff Lacy. Last week a war of words began between the American ex-champion Lacy and the Welsh current 168 lb. kingpin Calzaghe . After Lacy spoke of a return match "after a couple tune-ups" against the man who gave him his first loss.

Calzaghe responded in the British press claiming that he didn't want "be arrested for aggravated assault".

Now Jeff Lacy has responded here at Doghouse Boxing to Calzaghe's words and seems to take them more as cowardice than bravado. "Yes he
    beat me easy and all that," said Lacy. "If it was me that beat him so easy I would put it on everything. I would take the easy fight once again. So Joe comes make this easy money! I want to see if you have the heart to take the fight again. When I knock you out this time. I will give you a third fight because anyone could have a bad night in the sport of boxing."

Only time will tell if Joe Calzaghe will give Lacy what all fighters deserve: a chance at redemption against the man who first beat them.
    It's always a bad night when you get your ass tapped danced on, look at Abraham !

doh, The made me say that Wacko !

No Seriously in that Calzaghe fight, Jeff was hurt very badly early in that fight and never recovered, Like Abraham he showed guts to keep upright for the full 12. really no justification for a rematch in this case. Lacy lost every round, Lacy would need to get himself in monitory contender status to get that fight . I hate rematches, and I particularly hate rematches that were one sided the first go around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think a rematch would be a interesting fight, i can see lacy doing alot better

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by pete shonan

all i wanna know is how many rematches has lacy given to fighters that he humiliated with a near perfect night of boxing? i think the answer is none... and for two reasons 1. he knows theres no point in giving a rematch to bums, and 2. lacy has never put on a perfect boxing performance like the one put on him by joe.... sure hes had a bunch of KOs but joe thoroughly dominated him from start to finish. lacy and the retired klitchko are starting to sound alike. champions look foreward not back. champions make their careers by moving foreward not by running the same guy over twice...no matter what they say.
    Ok that was probably one of the most ridiculously ignorant posts I have ever read...Since you are an expert on how many people Lacy didnt give a rematch to....Tell me professor how many asked for one Also Lacy feels like he could of done better cant fault him for that..Not to mention he has only 1 loss and was a World Champion..Not like he is a Journeyman who has like 10 losses...By the way Professor have you checked Lacy's world Ranking?He still is pretty high not to mention Alot of Boxers have granted rematches that have made for some of the best fights and led to some great trilogies

Yea Lacy is a Bum, and Calzaghe is looking forward to bigger and better things Cause Bika is a World beater

Lacy sounds like Klitschko Again Lacy is still ranked high and considered a Contender in the SuperMiddleweight division and has more upside than Bika...

DO some research before you post or remove your head from your ass

By the way who is " THEY" ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Then why do people complain that Roy Jones Jr and James Toney never fought a second time?
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Thread Information