5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Calzaghe Gifs...

Do u have any good GIFS of the great man? A few to keep u going:

All hail the welsh legend!
    Last edited by THE PHILOSOPHER; 02-14-2013 at 03:57 PM.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Looking back at Calzaghe..

Calzaghe was a wonderful fighter and I never get bored of watching his fights. He was unique and he was second to none. Calzaghe had the ability to adapt like no other. If things were rough early, he worked it out. And he did every time. Knocked down? Found a way. He had it all. Early in his career he thumped. Later on he outworked. He was brilliant in that way and I know no other fighter with such versatility.

People knock the Calzaghe/Jones Jr fight, but for me that performance is ballet. It is sublime. The way he gets up and toys with jones Jr with his peek a book hundred punch mantra and then boxes his arse off. Sure 'it wouldn't quite like be that in the prime Jones Jr time' say the Jones Jr fanboys. Well, looking at that record I see nobody like Joe Calzaghe. Always the same result.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Calzaghe Gifs...

slappy joe

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Calzaghe record speaks for itself.

But i find it a bit silly when JC fans keep bringing up the jones fight as a legendary fight or some great achievement.

I think people just say that to wound up the jones fans and then the jones fans talk about jones in his prime..blah blah etc.

Bottom line is no one will ever know why JC never fought jones in his prime or never gave rematches in close fights or never fought in another country or had injuries when it suited...But, he was a hellava boxer with amazing stamina and beat everyone he faced.

Pride of wales?..yes, but born in london.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post

But i find it a bit silly when JC fans keep bringing up the jones fight as a legendary fight or some great achievement.

I think people just say that to wound up the jones fans and then the jones fans talk about jones in his prime..blah blah etc.

Bottom line is no one will ever know why JC never fought jones in his prime or never gave rematches in close fights or never fought in another country or had injuries when it suited...But, he was a hellava boxer with amazing stamina and beat everyone he faced.

And fought like he was from the US. If that doesn't piss you off, I give up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he didn't fight him because he was a nobody beating bums while prime Jones was the best fighter on the planet.

Calzaghe is not an ATG... Ward, Froch, Dawson all beat him. He beat a shot Jones and slapped his way to a decision over BHop, whom the judges were against due to his stupid comments.
    Last edited by TysonBomb; 02-14-2013 at 10:10 PM.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TysonBomb View Post

he didn't fight him because he was a nobody beating bums while prime Jones was the best fighter on the planet.

Calzaghe is not an ATG... Ward, Froch, Dawson all beat him. He beat a shot Jones and slapped his way to a decision over BHop, whom the judges were against due to his stupid comments.
    Are you one of them bitter and twisted Froch Fan's.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

JC prob outworks froch and gets the decison..who knows, he never took that fight.

JC beats kessler in wales.
    Froch loses to kessler in denmark.

Lets not get froch involved as he gets kudos for fighting anyone anywhere.

JC retired undefeated whether anyone likes it or not he is still a great boxer.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here are some Gifs of another great.

and the close up,

who could forget,

In addition I'm still waiting for someone to tell me who Cal could have fought that he didn't and the year it could have happened?

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

klit isnt even in the top 20 alltime anybody who thinks so is too young to have seen demspsey or tunney or walcott or charles or liston or etc etc etcd

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not a Calzaghe fan, but his win over Jeff Lacy was one of the best virtuoso performances I ever seen. And that was a fight he was the underdog in.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Every fighter you talk about is either utter shit or the greatest ever. There is middle ground, you know?

If people consider Calzaghe an all-time great it doesn't mean Roy isn't. And Calzaghe is firmly established as an all-time great supermiddle. That is indisputable.

Calzaghe wins "fighter of the decade" from influential New York fight personalities, beating a class of 2000 that includes - Oscar de la Hoya, Bernard Hopkins, Floyd Mayweather Jnr, Manny Pacquiao and Roy Jones.

Joe Calzaghe rightly named fighter of the decade – Colin Hart | The Sun |Sport|Boxing
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks for sharing the gifs! Calzaghe is one of my all time favorite fighters. How many guy's have retire undefeated with 40 plus fights. He fought who was put in front of him and he was relentless always outworking his opponents. And he was a very intelligent fighter.

He out works Froch and beat his with a wide UD. Froch with his hands drown would be too easy a target for Joe. Ward is a tougher fight to call I think it would be much like the Hopkins fight. A messy boring fight to watch with Joe just sneaking it on the cards.
    Hidden Content
    Records are for DJ's - Dan 'The outlaw' Hardy

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

slappy joe

Funny as I thought those opening gifs were a shot at Joe because they are not the most endearing however its actually you taking the shots.

Do you even know why he never threw punches as straight later in his career and if you do then why do you call him slappy? He broke his hands on more then one occasion putting people to sleep. In fact prior to his hand damage he had one of the best ko ratios in boxing. If you want to go see a slapper go watch the career set of George Foreman or read up on the exploits of "slappy" Rosenbloom.

In addition Jones was long gone from 168 when Joe came on the scene and Joe cleaned up. Guys like you that call professional fighters nobodies make me laugh. You do this while also ignoring all the facts of a given hypothetical to pursue a desired albeit invalid conclusion. Joe fought everyone available PERIOD! and if you have evidence to say different then produce it.

Seriously have you considered you're idols collection of notches? Name one prime elite fighter that Tyson beat? He entered a division long in the tooth and went on a run of wins knocking out a collection of pseudo gatekeepers and later old pros with one foot out the door.

Many fighters transcend resumes. Hopkins would have competed in any middleweight era regardless of the lack of depth in the middle of his career. Same with Joe and yes Tyson.

@PhilOSOPHER My apologies for the little jab with the Wlad gifs. All in fun and I actually thought you were and am still unsure taking a shot at Joe.

If you in fact were then I take that^ back.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I only asked for some GIFS....what bizarre responses i recieved. WK GIFS and slappy references... strange forum this!

Funny though...

Any GIFS?
    Last edited by THE PHILOSOPHER; 02-15-2013 at 07:02 PM.

Thread Information