Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Video of the Fighter I Think KOs Both Oscar and Floyd at 154!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Video of the Fighter I Think KOs Both Oscar and Floyd at 154!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Video of the Fighter I Think KOs Both Oscar and Floyd at 154!

I go with that not the best Chin to good for those 2

El Kabong Guest

Oscar would whip Terrible Terry Norris....you're talking about a guy who took the best Tito Trinidad had to offer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    Oscar would whip Terrible Terry Norris....you're talking about a guy who took the best Tito Trinidad had to offer
    Took the best Tito had to offer Dude, the guy ran like Justin Gatlin on steroids the entire fight, against a fighter mind you who was completely one-dimensional. Norris could box his @ss off and was a natural born superwelterweight, who was both stronger and faster than Oscar at 154. Norris blazes De la Hoya.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by clean
    Nah!! he would probably end up getting DQ'd, I like to refer to Terry as the 'Mini-Golota'.......

Quote Originally Posted by Samson3000
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    Took the best Tito had to offer Dude, the guy ran like Justin Gatlin on steroids the entire fight, against a fighter mind you who was completely one-dimensional. Norris could box his @ss off and was a natural born superwelterweight, who was both stronger and faster than Oscar at 154. Norris blazes De la Hoya.
    See above....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't see him getting DQ'd. I see him winning handily.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's a known fact Terry had demons that haunted his mind everyday, the same way he had wins he also had loses by DQ.... I think Terrys resume is a good one but as I said once those demons came into play he wasn't the same. I mean come on he struggled with Troy Waters , then lost to Brown when he (Terry) was on top of his game. He then loses back to back by DQ

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Norris is one of my favorites, dude was just mean. Dirty too though. But he could give anybody a lot of problems, great speed, power, and could pressure and box. But he was chinny, although Mayweather wouldn't have been able to exploit that at 154.

El Kabong Guest

I think Oscar's left hook would have plenty to say with the outcome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    It's a known fact Terry had demons that haunted his mind everyday, the same way he had wins he also had loses by DQ.... I think Terrys resume is a good one but as I said once those demons came into play he wasn't the same. I mean come on he struggled with Troy Waters , then lost to Brown when he (Terry) was on top of his game. He then loses back to back by DQ

Demons that haunted his mind everyday? I think we're getting just alittle too carried away with the psychoanalysis part. He simply had a hard time controlling himself in the ring. The guy wasn't a mental case. I don't remember him struggling against Troy Waters. I remember him getting decked in the second and coming back and knocking out Troy in the third. And lastly, let's be realistic about back to back DQs to Luis Santana. The first DQ was when not even Santana nor the ref heard the bell, and the second was when Santana faked unconciousness.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Demons that haunted his mind everyday? I think we're getting just alittle too carried away with the psychoanalysis part. He simply had a hard time controlling himself in the ring. The guy wasn't a mental case. I don't remember him struggling against Troy Waters. I remember him getting decked in the second and coming back and knocking out Troy in the third. And lastly, let's be realistic about back to back DQs to Luis Santana. The first DQ was when not even Santana nor the ref heard the bell, and the second was when Santana faked unconciousness.
    So your saying that the man was mentally stable? I think not. Like I said TO ME hes the mini-Golota who struggled with the mental part of the sport...
    You say he simply had a hard time controlling himself in the ring.... Well name other fighters that had the same problem and you'll see what I mean about mind demonds... Tyson, Golota, Tapia.... to name a few. You say you don't remember him struggling with Waters but then you say he got decked... Wadda' ya call that then? Flying through you opponent.... Not only did he get decked but Waters put him in trouble twice in that rd.
    OK..... fair play on the bell situation, but he would have been DQ'd in the next few rds.... Cause you do remember the headtbutt, right?
    I like watching Terry he was a bad mo' fo' I just don't think he could have beaten ODLH, PBF not sure maybe but PBF is too slick and smart in there Terry would have had to bring his 'A' game....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So your saying that the man was mentally stable? I think not. Like I said TO ME hes the mini-Golota who struggled with the mental part of the sport...
    You say he simply had a hard time controlling himself in the ring.... Well name other fighters that had the same problem and you'll see what I mean about mind demonds... Tyson, Golota, Tapia.... to name a few. You say you don't remember him struggling with Waters but then you say he got decked... Wadda' ya call that then? Flying through you opponent.... Not only did he get decked but Waters put him in trouble twice in that rd.
    OK..... fair play on the bell situation, but he would have been DQ'd in the next few rds.... Cause you do remember the headtbutt, right?
    I like watching Terry he was a bad mo' fo' I just don't think he could have beaten ODLH, PBF not sure maybe but PBF is too slick and smart in there Terry would have had to bring his 'A' game....

As soon as you show me that Norris sank himself into drug induced comas like Tapia, kicked old men in the testicles in traffic disputes like Tyson, or got arrested for starting bar room brawls like Golota, then come talk to me about a guy being mentally unstable. Categorizing a person as being ill for infractions he pulls in the ring of a highly emotional and violent sport like boxing? Man, give me a break.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So your saying that the man was mentally stable? I think not. Like I said TO ME hes the mini-Golota who struggled with the mental part of the sport... You say he simply had a hard time controlling himself in the ring.... Well name other fighters that had the same problem and you'll see what I mean about mind demonds... Tyson, Golota, Tapia.... to name a few. You say you don't remember him struggling with Waters but then you say he got decked... Wadda' ya call that then? Flying through you opponent.... Not only did he get decked but Waters put him in trouble twice in that rd.

As soon as you show me that Norris sank himself into drug induced comas like Tapia, kicked old men in the testicles in traffic disputes like Tyson, or got arrested for starting bar room brawls like Golota, then come talk to me about a guy being mentally unstable. Categorizing a person as being ill for infractions he pulls in the ring of a highly emotional and violent sport like boxing? Man, give me a break.
    Not once did I mention his personal life or life outside the ring... I clearly stated above in red his mind demons were in the ring.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not trying to nitpick here, but when I read you say he had demons that haunted his mind every day, that kind of leads me to believe you are infact speaking of his personal life, unless Norris is fighting professional bouts 365 days a year.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not nitpicking at all, your right I did state that..... What I meant to put was in the ring.... Not everyday, I was only trying to refer in the ring as I did in the other statements....

Thread Information