Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Unimpressive Jermaine Taylor tonight

Jermaine showed me nothing worth while tonight against Ouma, yes he hit Ouma, but Ouma stands directly in front of his opponents and is not hard to hit. He looked tired and a slow punching Ouma hit him, although not hard, still hit him. I am not sure the Jermaine I saw tonight could beat Miranda, Pavlik, Abraham or Calzaghe, even as bad as Calzaghe looked against Bika.

How did others see the fight??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Unimpressive Jermaine Taylor tonight

Quote Originally Posted by huntin_itai
    Jermaine showed me nothing worth while tonight against Ouma, yes he hit Ouma, but Ouma stands directly in front of his opponents and is not hard to hit. He looked tired and a slow punching Ouma hit him, although not hard, still hit him. I am not sure the Jermaine I saw tonight could beat Miranda, Pavlik, Abraham or Calzaghe, even as bad as Calzaghe looked against Bika.

How did others see the fight??
    Honestly...I've always liked Taylor...but I just aint that impressed with him lately.

Even though he defeated Hopkins twice (but lost the first fight) & then drew with Wright (but lost that fight too) & even though Ouma (a much smaller man) pushed him around the ring tonight...I just can't agree with calling him Undisputed Middleweight Champion of the World...even though...that's just what he is.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm with you on this one. Jermain continues to do alright. Nothing spectacular. I don't know how long we can say he's a diamond in the rough? Eventually we have to say he's no diamond... he's a good fighter... but no diamond.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was getting very depressed watching this fight. If Taylor couldn't get the KO tonight it's quite possible that he'll never score another. Odds are that at some point the next KO will come, but still...

I'll pick Ouma to win when he drops back down, but he should have just stayed home tonight. Well, maybe not... took a beating for that paycheck though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla
    I was getting very depressed watching this fight. If Taylor couldn't get the KO tonight it's quite possible that he'll never score another. Odds are that at some point the next KO will come, but still...
    Well...you gotta look at the caliber of gents that Taylor was dropping. They were either oldies but decents, washed up, or sparring partners.

Taylor still has KO power...but it's the fact that he's so pressable that bothers me the most.

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla
    I'll pick Ouma to win when he drops back down, but he should have just stayed home tonight. Well, maybe not... took a beating for that paycheck though.
    Agreed.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's like all you guys said after Calzaghe-Bika. All that matters is the win. Well Taylor got the fuckin win. Case close

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jermain Taylor needs Pat Burns back. He as done nothing but decline since his seperation with him. You can emanuel Steward all you want, but the bottom line is Jermain Taylor is not using the weapon that got him to where he is. The Freakin Jab. He has totally abandoned it. When he had pat burns i had never seen him backed up, he was always the agressor. Hes like a totally different fighter. Yea Emanuel has changed him but not for the better. Im not sure what the problem is but i think hes trying to make Jermain a fighter he is not. He is not a slugger. He is a boxer or was a boxer. I think i would beg pat burns to come back here. He is not progressing under emanuel is regressing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BigLuke
    Jermain Taylor needs Pat Burns back. He as done nothing but decline since his seperation with him. You can emanuel Steward all you want, but the bottom line is Jermain Taylor is not using the weapon that got him to where he is. The Freakin Jab. He has totally abandoned it. When he had pat burns i had never seen him backed up, he was always the agressor. Hes like a totally different fighter. Yea Emanuel has changed him but not for the better. Im not sure what the problem is but i think hes trying to make Jermain a fighter he is not. He is not a slugger. He is a boxer or was a boxer. I think i would beg pat burns to come back here. He is not progressing under emanuel is regressing.
    Agreed...but wasn't Burns with him during the Hopkins fight? I can't remember for sure...but I believe that he was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes Burns was with him against hopkins, but wack if that was hopkins in there tonight its goodbye Jermain. Hed be KO"d . YOu know how big of a fan his i am, and im sayin that. Emanuel is not the man for the job. Its pat burns who obviously knows his fighter's strengths. Everything that he through came off the jab, and it made him a dynamic and exciting fighter. Jermain didnt used to back up like that. He was in there to take it to his opponent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Too much hugging for me ! Should have been at least 2 point deductions for excessive holding from Taylor ! Jesus . Manny has the smaller guys hugging now. Jesus ! . other than that it was good match. I loved the ring size by the way.. if you going to have open scoring it need to be in a ring just like that tonight 16-17 foot. should be mandatory in all pro fights if you ask me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BigLuke
    Yes Burns was with him against hopkins, but wack if that was hopkins in there tonight its goodbye Jermain. Hed be KO"d . YOu know how big of a fan his i am, and im sayin that. Emanuel is not the man for the job. Its pat burns who obviously knows his fighter's strengths. Everything that he through came off the jab, and it made him a dynamic and exciting fighter. Jermain didnt used to back up like that. He was in there to take it to his opponent.
    I know babe...I was just being a smart ass as usual.

I've been nailed up for saying that Steward is overratted & that he aint what Taylor needs.

Here's my thoughts on the matter...they're pretty much the same as yours...but I think that when Taylor made the switch to Steward...he might have realized the mistake & recognized it...& now he's stuck with it & really doesn't know how to go back to what he was.

Honestly...I know that this sounds mighty conspiracy-ish...but once HBO starts cashing in on you...they pull a buncha strings & you kinda become a "do-bwoy" so to speak...those that didn't & buck the HBO system ala: Jones jr & Mayweather kinda get pushed the fwock off.

Pacquiao, Gatti, Barrera, & Taylor have all been just what the network ordered...one of the big exceptions to the rule seems to be Oscar...hell he almost is HBO.

Anywho...for some reason I just feel that HBO might have engineered or pushed Taylor in the Steward direction...& that's where he is. I've said all along that Taylor fwocked himself when he gave Burns the walking papers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am so glad that Jermain forgot how to jab tonight Or at least jab at a non stationary target..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unimpressive?!? He gave Ouma a beat down. It wasn't even close. I gave Taylor every round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hey j.t still dominated he got the win...credit to ouma he is a stubborn fighter...yea j.t still doesn't look so crafty but the boy is a winner...and he is willing to fight anyone...his a huge middleweight...no matter what his gonna be hella hard to beat...if ever he is beaten...I doubt it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't believe people are disappointed, as if you all actually expected something different. When will people learn that this is simply the way Jermaine Taylor fights? If you're actually expecting him to show up one fight and look like Julian Jackson you're kidding yourselves. This is just the way he fights, he wasn't blessed with a very exciting style to watch, and most of his fights turn up ugly. But I respect him for taking on all comers and doing everything he can.

Thread Information