Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  25
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: Has anyone in your family actualy had the Corona virus?

Voters
10. This poll is closed
  • Yes

2 20.00%
  • No

8 80.00%
  • The Corona beer was an issue

1 10.00%
  • I wish Pervy Uncle Albert would get it.

1 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anybody in your family had the Corona virus?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Has anybody in your family had the Corona virus?

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    i would like to ask beanz & spicoli, if they had never heard of covid 19 would they both just assume they had a severe case of influenza, pneumonia, a really bad cold or something similar? both never visited the doctors i think & i think spicoli continued to work around others. what date did you recover beanz?
    Ever the inquisitor eh. Who said I assumed I had Covid in the first place? Simply pointed out a timeline, an experience and now I'm here trying to enjoy a night off but here you come playing the jolly inspector Cluso .
    i didn't say you said you had it, but didn't beanz say he did? i said if you hadn't heard of covid 19 would you just have assumed your illness to be influenza or something similar. that is what you did yeh? you didn't get a test yeh? didn't visit a doctor yeh? kept working around others yeh? did you mention to your colleagues that your illness felt much worse than a usual cold or flu? if i had a cold like that i probably would have chosen to stay at home & recover, hope you are feeling better now. you don't have to respond, no pressure, take the night off, i'm more of an austin powers, yeh baby
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    TIC I’m going to assume that the decision to shut the world down wasn’t based solely on my fourth hand experience. I shared that experience prior to the need to have documented proof of a diagnosis and a personally developed testing plan. Truth be told I had no idea it would come back to haunt me.

I’ve said many times over that the socioeconomic fall out will be huge. I have total sympathy for anyone affected be that medically or financially or any other way possible. On a personal note the world closing down is a minor inconvenience. For others it will be huge.

No I don’t wear a mask. I don’t have an issue with maintaining social distancing and should I get attacked by a suicide cougher, I doubt a mask is going to save me.

So what happens after you’ve tested everyone you know?
    you believe covid 19 is real, i am just asking you to prove it, so i know it is real. there must be a test i can perform that will tell me if someone has it or not right? or is it only the special tests carried out by the authorities that can do that? this is your belief, i'm just asking you to prove it's real. do you think anyone has ever been misdiagnosed for something or medical errors have ever occurred? that never happens, yeh? but we should all just trust what is being said now yeh? you'd have to give me a test that will prove it's real because i can't just take your word, if your test proves it's real i would then know it is, as would you, rather than just believing
    Yes I believe it’s real. No I don’t believe there is a test that YOU can can do. I may be wrong. Yes I’m sure people get misdiagnosed and errors occur. No we don’t need to just trust all that’s said. What would you require from my test that differs from the one that the authorities give?
    your belief is not proof. what is the process the authorities use? i thought you hadn't taken a test, i could be mistaken but please inform me of their process if you have actually had one
    I’m not aware of ever claiming that my belief was ‘proof’. Where and when did that happen?

Would the same rules apply to anything else? I’ve never broken my leg. I’m aware that other people have but I don’t have ‘proof’.

You’re quit right. I’ve never taken a test.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

TIC I’m going to assume that the decision to shut the world down wasn’t based solely on my fourth hand experience. I shared that experience prior to the need to have documented proof of a diagnosis and a personally developed testing plan. Truth be told I had no idea it would come back to haunt me.

I’ve said many times over that the socioeconomic fall out will be huge. I have total sympathy for anyone affected be that medically or financially or any other way possible. On a personal note the world closing down is a minor inconvenience. For others it will be huge.

No I don’t wear a mask. I don’t have an issue with maintaining social distancing and should I get attacked by a suicide cougher, I doubt a mask is going to save me.

you believe covid 19 is real, i am just asking you to prove it, so i know it is real. there must be a test i can perform that will tell me if someone has it or not right? or is it only the special tests carried out by the authorities that can do that? this is your belief, i'm just asking you to prove it's real. do you think anyone has ever been misdiagnosed for something or medical errors have ever occurred? that never happens, yeh? but we should all just trust what is being said now yeh? you'd have to give me a test that will prove it's real because i can't just take your word, if your test proves it's real i would then know it is, as would you, rather than just believing
    Yes I believe it’s real. No I don’t believe there is a test that YOU can can do. I may be wrong. Yes I’m sure people get misdiagnosed and errors occur. No we don’t need to just trust all that’s said. What would you require from my test that differs from the one that the authorities give?
    your belief is not proof. what is the process the authorities use? i thought you hadn't taken a test, i could be mistaken but please inform me of their process if you have actually had one
    I’m not aware of ever claiming that my belief was ‘proof’. Where and when did that happen?

Would the same rules apply to anything else? I’ve never broken my leg. I’m aware that other people have but I don’t have ‘proof’.

i never said you claimed that, i'm just stating what is true & that you don't know, you only believe. you could test bones though to see how they break & if you really wanted to go to extremes you could break your leg to test it but this is not about bones, this is about proving something you believe to be real so we can both know that it is
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Lyle too many quotes to requote so in summary. Yes, if beanz says he has had or does have it I’ve no problem with that. Nor would I if you or anyone else said it. End analysis. I don’t require any further information or have any obligations either way. He might be wrong, might be bullshitting. Either way I don’t care.

The absence of testing, hospitalisation or anything else doesn’t make them special. It makes them typical of the vast majority of cases right?

If you say you’ve got plague, you’ve got plague. I hope you feel better soon.
    The only problem with Beanz story is
    That it’s beanz story?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Lyle too many quotes to requote so in summary. Yes, if beanz says he has had or does have it I’ve no problem with that. Nor would I if you or anyone else said it. End analysis. I don’t require any further information or have any obligations either way. He might be wrong, might be bullshitting. Either way I don’t care.

The absence of testing, hospitalisation or anything else doesn’t make them special. It makes them typical of the vast majority of cases right?

If you say you’ve got plague, you’ve got plague. I hope you feel better soon.
    The only problem with Beanz story is
    That it’s beanz story?
    it is a good story

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i never said you claimed that, i'm just stating what is true & that you don't know, you only believe. you could test bones though to see how they break & if you really wanted to go to extremes you could break your leg to test it but this is not about bones, this is about proving something you believe to be real so we can both know that it is
    So this whole time has been about proving something I’d already confirmed? I feel used.

Are there any illnesses you do acknowledge without having ‘proof’?

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

​Cranial density?
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So this whole time has been about proving something I’d already confirmed? I feel used.

Are there any illnesses you do acknowledge without having ‘proof’?
    i already knew that you didn't know, you wanted to continue, i'm just pointing out that decisions are being made on something that has never been proven to you. i acknowledge that people get sick, the causes can vary widely & in some cases are up for debate

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’ll try again. Are there any illnesses you do acknowledge without having proof.

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’ll try again. Are there any illnesses you do acknowledge without having proof.
    i thought it was perfectly clear. cause & effect. i acknowledge the effects of being sick. the causes of those effects can vary widely & in some cases the causes to those effects are up for debate

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had a horrible flu thing back in early March to mid March. It was before any test was available for whuhan and the flu test they did on me was lost. I’m not saying I had the wuhan covid pandemic but I have never had a flu like that. I may have had the flu one of two times prior in life but I just know I would wake up disoriented through the night gasping for air. Everything hurt for a number of days. I don’t remember my taste being messed up but I didn’t eat and lost 7 pounds during the illness. I had a 102 fever. I missed one day of work, I would have stayed out longer but at the time I was running the emergency shelter and had I not showed up 20-30 homeless guys and girls may have not been able to have a place to sleep. I’m not saying I had wuhan covid pandemic and I’m not justifying going to work that sick it’s just the situation I was dealing with at the time. I’ll never know if it was wuhan I just know it was bad.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I had a horrible flu thing back in early March to mid March. It was before any test was available for whuhan and the flu test they did on me was lost. I’m not saying I had the wuhan covid pandemic but I have never had a flu like that. I may have had the flu one of two times prior in life but I just know I would wake up disoriented through the night gasping for air. Everything hurt for a number of days. I don’t remember my taste being messed up but I didn’t eat and lost 7 pounds during the illness. I had a 102 fever. I missed one day of work, I would have stayed out longer but at the time I was running the emergency shelter and had I not showed up 20-30 homeless guys and girls may have not been able to have a place to sleep. I’m not saying I had wuhan covid pandemic and I’m not justifying going to work that sick it’s just the situation I was dealing with at the time. I’ll never know if it was wuhan I just know it was bad.
    sounds bad, how did they explain losing your test? if it was wuhan would you consider yourself now cured? or could you still be contagious? any ideas on how that works? i'm pissed to hear weinstein recovered

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    sounds bad, how did they explain losing your test? if it was wuhan would you consider yourself now cured? or could you still be contagious? any ideas on how that works? i'm pissed to hear weinstein recovered
    Ha didn’t hear Weinstein recovered. The test was only for the regular flu as this was pre wuhan test times. If this was wuhan which it probably wasn’t I have no idea if I’d be unable to get it. I don’t know how long the antibodies last or how that shit works in general. As far as losing the test I never got an explanation other than it was lost. I ran into a couple guys who stayed at the emergency shelter and they told me they had similar experience with being ill but I went over the dates and they were sick before me. Now my wife is thinking I had the wuhan pandemic but she didn’t get sick, I was careful to wash my hands all the time but she said I wasn’t acting like it was the regular flu. There are reports around saying this shit broke out from China months before it was reported. So I don’t know, just relating the story odds are it was just a bad strain of influenza but looking back you can’t help but wonder, well I can’t.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i thought it was perfectly clear. cause & effect. i acknowledge the effects of being sick. the causes of those effects can vary widely & in some cases the causes to those effects are up for debate
    Nothing wrong with what you’re saying. Not really answering the question though is it?

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In this ping-pong match the game would've been over already.

Thread Information