Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Whyte v Povetkin 2 - 27/3/21 - Gibraltar - Sky Sports PPV/DAZN

Dillian Whyte's rematch with Alexander Povetkin is heading to Gibraltar on a new date of March 27
    Alexander Povetkin vs Dillian Whyte rematch to be held in Gibraltar on March 27, live on Sky Sports Box Office. Britain's heavyweight contender can avenge his shock knockout defeat by his Russian rival

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sky...te-of-march-27

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Whyte v Povetkin 2 - 27/3/21 - Gibraltar - Sky Sports PPV/DAZN

might go
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Dillian Whyte's rematch with Alexander Povetkin is heading to Gibraltar on a new date of March 27
    Alexander Povetkin vs Dillian Whyte rematch to be held in Gibraltar on March 27, live on Sky Sports Box Office. Britain's heavyweight contender can avenge his shock knockout defeat by his Russian rival

How is Povetkin's win a "shock" knockout defeat for Whyte? Povetkin is more skilled, hits hard and still has all of his mobility. We saw just how limited Whyte really is, all bluster and blabber aside.

The reality is there is a difference between fighters with good amateur- and particularly Olympic- pedigree and borderline club fighters. Like how we saw with Dubois v Joyce. In MOST circumstances the better trained, conditioned and skilled fighter on paper wins.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post

How is Povetkin's win a "shock" knockout defeat for Whyte? Povetkin is more skilled, hits hard and still has all of his mobility. We saw just how limited Whyte really is, all bluster and blabber aside.

The reality is there is a difference between fighters with good amateur- and particularly Olympic- pedigree and borderline club fighters. Like how we saw with Dubois v Joyce. In MOST circumstances the better trained, conditioned and skilled fighter on paper wins.
    it wasnt a shock, i had my finger on the betting trigger before the fight, another one i didnt go through with, i seem to remember the odds being to short

but it doesnt show whyte as limited, bit harsh that really, he has a better record than 90% of the HWs around today

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"It only takes one punch"

Funny ain't it. That's what this was. It was a living breathing enactment of that party line boxers and fans will trot out on cue. But it cant be left there, there has to be more. In this case, Dillian Whyte is now shit and definitely going to get chinned again. OK not everyone subscribes to that but it's what you hear or read.

I'm not sure if my recall is failing me here but didn't Dillian boss all but a split second of that fight? Wasn't he bashing Povetkin up, putting him on his arse multiple times? I think it was as good as I've seen Dillian. I've said for years that Dillian shouldn't try to change or that all the changes he was trying to make were in vain, he's a bruiser he ain't no boxer. It looked to me like it was all coming together in that fight. Good jab, good body work, decent defence. Then.... He got chinned.

The finishing punch was a beauty but I'm not having that it was anything other than one from the memory bank and it can't change the four rounds that preceded it. He was getting mauled.

It does though doesn't it. Dillian was the one waiting on a title shot, size, strength, youth on his side. Povetkin was on the slide and ripe for the taking. Now, one punch later it's Povetkin who's in charge and seemingly only has to turn up, bide his time before lunching another howitzer in Whyte's direction and that'll be all she wrote. Whyte apparently was never that good to begin with and is an accident waiting to happen.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thing is tho @Memphis , as sarcastic as your post may or may not be

Dillian was bossing it

it was just one punch

but i get the feeling it was a little more calculated than that and there's at lot more than a punchers chance of it happening again

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You'd be forgiven for thinking that everything I post is dripping in sarcasm but it's not always the case

I think Povetkin had a punchers chance in fight one and I think he has a punchers chance in fight two. A punchers chance generally sounds like a derogatory term, or rather a less than glowing endorsement and suggests a big slice of luck is involved, but it doesn't have to be the case. There was no luck involved in him flattening Whyte first time around and if he does it again it will no doubt be down to a beautifully crafted single punch rather than a wild swing. He cant outwork Dillian. He was outgunned in the first four rounds of fight one when his window was widest. He's not going to outbox him. Whyte's jab was excellent first time around.

Whyte will still outweigh him by a couple of stone, will still be ten years younger. Povetkin is still in his forties, still has all those miles on the clock, still on the slide. He just happens to be one of the biggest punchers around and one of the best at delivering that power. I just don't go along with this idea that it's a foregone conclusion that he lands the jackpot punch again. Where was it against Hunter, Fury, Joshua?

For me it's as you were. Dillian still holds all the cards, but Povetkin has that ace up his sleeve.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For me Povetkin was done in the first fight.
    Whyte had all the work put in apart from finishing it, he got a little complacent and Povetkin had just enough young Povetkin left in him to capitalise.

But...
    I still think that Povetkin is done.

Realistically Whyte should dispense with him (the way he was supposed to first time round) and it will probably finish Povetkin’s career.
    But this being the business of boxing they might actually promote a rubber match

Given his age (and Covid) even a win might be the ideal opportunity for Povetkin to bow out -
    and he would finish Whyte’s career as well as his own.
    But this being the business of boxing they would then push Povetkin for another title fight
    And maybe even a Whyte comeback tour

And this being the business of boxing we’ll all pay P.P.V. for the privilege.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a lovely upper cut that Whyte didn't see coming bang out boxing at its best.!
    Whyte was thinking Povetkin was washed up sometimes your arrogance gets the better of you can it happen again yes.
    Is this fight really a PPV no not one bit just Eddie taking the piss milking us fans .☹️

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

it wasnt a shock, i had my finger on the betting trigger before the fight, another one i didnt go through with, i seem to remember the odds being to short

but it doesnt show whyte as limited, bit harsh that really, he has a better record than 90% of the HWs around today
    I backed Povetkin at 3/1, never rated Whyte

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by nuggetdotcom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

I backed Povetkin at 3/1, never rated Whyte
    I could accept what you were saying without agreeing if whyte had been battered, but he wasnt, he was winning and got caught

and you dont rate him in what way? hasnt he had some good wins?

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whyte needs to bulldoze him from the start and for the very early stoppage.
    Not take the advice of his new corner men who told him repeatedly to "take your time" when he was battering Povetkin for fun.
    Hurt him, jump all over him and finish him.
    I'd go on the all out assault if I were Dillian, use your size, throw the cunt around etc.
    This is Whytes to lose and I expect hi3 m to win this inside rounds.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like how Povetkin can NEVER be discounted, even at is advancing age. He always had solid fundamentals and a clear decent dig in his punches.

I think this time round it will go as it was supposed to the first time round. Whyte was winning the fight and got caught by a peach of a shot, that's all it takes in the heavyweights. And if the same thing happened again, I wouldn't be all that surprised really.

While Whyte had a decent run of wins to get back into title shot contention, I don't think he is anything more than a glorified slugger somewhat. His success and standing in the division is probably more a refelection on the standard of today's heavyweights rather than the quality of Dillian.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TonnnnUK View Post
    I like how Povetkin can NEVER be discounted, even at is advancing age. He always had solid fundamentals and a clear decent dig in his punches.

I think this time round it will go as it was supposed to the first time round. Whyte was winning the fight and got caught by a peach of a shot, that's all it takes in the heavyweights. And if the same thing happened again, I wouldn't be all that surprised really.

While Whyte had a decent run of wins to get back into title shot contention, I don't think he is anything more than a glorified slugger somewhat. His success and standing in the division is probably more a refelection on the standard of today's heavyweights rather than the quality of Dillian.
    Absolutely 100% agree, we are looking at the arse end of UK heavyweights here, all hoping for a lucky win that gets them Fury or Joshua, it was the same in the Klitschko era, all sorts of strange eastern Europeans getting shots looking for a lottery win.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by nuggetdotcom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TonnnnUK View Post

Absolutely 100% agree, we are looking at the arse end of UK heavyweights here, all hoping for a lucky win that gets them Fury or Joshua, it was the same in the Klitschko era, all sorts of strange eastern Europeans getting shots looking for a lottery win.
    A dodgy promoters draw ' lets keep both our boys in the lottery' at 25/1 is worth a shot.

Thread Information