Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default HERO= Ali..........Dr Martin Luther King Jr, Malcolm X, Abe Lincoln

These men were all heros... For a reason... Ali is forgotten for what he's done for our society... He made a statement!

My father fought in Vietnam... Didn't just fight but was wounded in action twice. He is my hero. People like him have alowed our freedom for many years.

I served for 4 years in the military and 3 months in Iraq(not in a very hostile area, outside of Mosel... a small town) I din't serve like my father. he got 2 purple hearts in Vietnam... He is a hero. Mine anyway. But I digress. My point is this-

Ali was told to go to war-

My father calls him a coward cuz he didn't go!

I disagree....

He became a deeply religous man.(not an excuse... keep readin) He did not dodge the draft... He didn't do anything but due what he beleaved in. How can you not respect that. He served jail time. He fought his war here. (this comes from a Vet) I will never fault him for that. Go to war... Or go to jail! He did the latter... He showed that we all have a choice. We do not have to be robots, although I would nt have chosehis path. I think him a hero in 2 ways-1. He stood up for his religion and what he believed in... 2- He was one of the best P4P's of all time... And his life story is one for the books... Live well Ali!

Ben Franklin said "It is our duty to question our government!!!! It is our right!
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

SigmaMu Guest

Default Re: Ali..........Dr Martin Luther King Jr, Malcolm X, Abe Lincoln

Kudos to your father and his Purple Heart.

I try very hard and not touch political threads but since this is about Ali

I think Ali did the right thing. I love this quote.
    "I ain't got no quarrel with the Viet Cong," Ali said, "No Viet Cong ever called me 'nigger.'"

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: HERO= Ali..........Dr Martin Luther King Jr, Malcolm X, Abe Lincoln

I don't know...Ali sent this country in a different direction

Pre Ali: Joe Louis serves in the military, Jackie Robinson, Ted Williams served TWICE, and other star athletes put their careers on hold to fight for their country because it was the right thing to do.

The BIGGEST changes came in Hollywood: In WWII MANY actors served and they actually fought, Lee Marvin was in the Marines in the Pacific, most amazing Jimmy Stewart was a BRIGADIER GENERAL....now in Hollywood no one wants to fight, no matter what the situation, it's like war is some game that they got tired of playing and they think they can just call time out so they can be int he spotlight and live the good life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by "PRIDE OF BOSTON"
    These men were all heros... For a reason... Ali is forgotten for what he's done for our society... He made a statement!

My father fought in Vietnam... Didn't just fight but was wounded in action twice. He is my hero. People like him have alowed our freedom for many years.

I served for 4 years in the military and 3 months in Iraq(not in a very hostile area, outside of Mosel... a small town) I din't serve like my father. he got 2 purple hearts in Vietnam... He is a hero. Mine anyway. But I digress. My point is this-

I disagree....

He became a deeply religous man.(not an excuse... keep readin) He did not dodge the draft... He didn't do anything but due what he beleaved in. How can you not respect that. He served jail time. He fought his war here. (this comes from a Vet) I will never fault him for that. Go to war... Or go to jail! He did the latter... He showed that we all have a choice. We do not have to be robots, although I would nt have chosehis path. I think him a hero in 2 ways-1. He stood up for his religion and what he believed in... 2- He was one of the best P4P's of all time... And his life story is one for the books... Live well Ali!

Ben Franklin said "It is our duty to question our government!!!! It is our right!
    I think that Mohammed Ali and Malcolm X are two of the saddest persons ever – prefer Ronald Reagan and Max Schmelling. Schmelling was a tolerant gentleman Ali was/is not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

With regard to Hollywood's role in WWII, I just saw a documentary on the great director John Ford. It was Ford who basically made John Wayne's career. Ford spent time in the war filming combat in the Pacific. Supposedly he hardly even spoke to Wayne during the war because he was upset that Wayne did not serve. As for boxers in the war, Tunney, Dempsey, Baer and Barney Ross who was decorated for valor at Guadalcanal. Apologies for anyone I've letf out.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 4YOU

I disagree....

I think that Mohammed Ali and Malcolm X are two of the saddest persons ever – prefer Ronald Reagan and Max Schmelling. Schmelling was a tolerant gentleman Ali was/is not.
    But you're a racist biggot who thinks that Kessler is a living god just because he is getting into your fine sister.

So why should we listen to you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB

I disagree....

But you're a racist biggot who thinks that Kessler is a living god just because he is getting into your fine sister.

So why should we listen to you?
    Racist? Why?

I guess that Muhammed and Malcolm were two of the biggest racists ever, right?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why is the grass green Royal?

I'd love to debate this with you I really would... I'd rather discuss it with your sister over a bottle of red wine though. Would kessler mind?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd love to debate this with you I really would... I'd rather discuss it with your sister over a bottle of red wine though. Would kessler mind?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why would you want to argue with a wall AdamGB

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you can't win...

Or can you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

as far as boxing goes, he brought it to another level. and we all gotta appreciate him for that.

But dont let what he has become cloud your judgement.
    He didnt wanna fight for his country, but was ok living in a country where 18yo boys were dien left and right to allow him to live in a "FREE" society. Wanna Live here, then fight for it if called upon. I dont think any of those young men had a quarrel with the "vietcong" but they went, died, got injured, came back alive or dead. He didnt want to die in war, plain and simple. It wasnt because he was muslim, it wasnt because he was worried about what his "people" would think of him. HE DIDNT want to die. I dont blame him, i dont want to die either. But if blue eyed billy down the street can take a frag, so can he.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do you think that Ali would of actually been posted in combat?

Do you think Ali wasn't aware that he obviously wouldn't be in combat?

El Kabong Guest

Hate to say it but I agree....I dislike Ali's political stance and Malcom X was ALWAYS confused. Malcom X was racist, Ali wasn't racist to white people but he put his own down.

Other boxer who served Carmen Basillio

DID YOU KNOW
    Former President George H. W. Bush served in WWII and was a pilot. He was among 9 planes shot down and he delivered his bomb then bailed out in the ocean, he began paddling to the little island he just bombed and the Japanese saw him coming and were preparing for him to get close enough to shoot when all of a sudden a Periscope spots him and picks him up....it was a US sub and the 8 other pilots that were captured by the Japanese were beheaded!!!

Yeah it's good to question government but only to an extent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think ali is the greatest. the main reason that i love boxing is because of ali.

Thread Information