Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  111
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who wins

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Canelo Alvarez vs Gennady Golovkin III 17/9/22

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo Alvarez vs Gennady Golovkin III 17/9/22

See it's like this....

If you've spent your whole life being an ass..... and one day you say or do something "non-asslike"..... and I say you've spent your whole life being an ass..... technically I'm not wrong.

Not sure if you followed me there.

I can go slower if you'd like.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    See it's like this....

If you've spent your whole life being an ass..... and one day you say or do something "non-asslike"..... and I say you've spent your whole life being an ass..... technically I'm not wrong.

Not sure if you followed me there.

I can go slower if you'd like.
    if you claim something is a fact & it is not you are wrong
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm going to go with Alvarez by ko well tko to be exact, I think the body punches will add up on Golovkin and it'll end around the tenth..I do think Golovkin is going to do quite a bit better than many expect especially Hearn and dazn, he could well have beaten Alvarez twice already so I think he has his number, I don't think Golovkin is finished either but he is 40 and the Murata performance was worrying at times so I think the heavy body shots will end him..I think it'd be a good win for Alvarez if he manages it, Golovkin is still one of the best out there, don't think it's an amazing win or anything like that, I think Alvarez's other wins at 168 rank higher than this potential win..

I think it's also going to make pretty good viewing, Golovkin is a top class Operator after all but I am expecting an Alvarez win. It'll be a bit like Joshua beating other Kazak born Klitschko, different stages of their careers of course( Joshua and Alvarez), but I think Wladimir would have beaten Joshua when wlad was younger but he wasn't and he lost and it was a good win for Joshua despite the other guy being over 40
    Last edited by palmerq; 08-07-2022 at 04:45 AM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    I'm going to go with Alvarez by ko well tko to be exact, I think the body punches will add up on Golovkin and it'll end around the tenth..I do think Golovkin is going to do quite a bit better than many expect especially Hearn and dazn, he could well have beaten Alvarez twice already so I think he has his number, I don't think Golovkin is finished either but he is 40 and the Murata performance was worrying at times so I think the heavy body shots will end him..I think it'd be a good win for Alvarez if he manages it, Golovkin is still one of the best out there, don't think it's an amazing win or anything like that, I think Alvarez's other wins at 168 rank higher than this potential win..

I think it's also going to make pretty good viewing, Golovkin is a top class Operator after all but I am expecting an Alvarez win. It'll be a bit like Joshua beating other Kazak born Klitschko, different stages of their careers of course( Joshua and Alvarez), but I think Wladimir would have beaten Joshua when wlad was younger but he wasn't and he lost and it was a good win for Joshua despite the other guy being over 40

A little bit like Joshua, because of the age involved. But some might consider that to be Joshua's best win. At the time it "one-upped" Fury's maddeningly boring UD over Wlad. Still, no other factors other than age were at play. They were both bonafide heavyweights with no significant size advantage to either side. The fight was at Wembley Stadium, but it did end in a TKO, leaving the judges out of the equation. It was the one and only time they fought, so there was no questionable decision baggage to sift through.

I like Golovkin, and have always been a fan. But right now he's benefitting from slim pickings at 160, combined with the four alphabet orgs, of which at least one of them has relative riff-raff at the top contender list. As you said, the Murata fight was worrying at times. My way of saying it is that it showed GGG is pretty much past his prime. Golovkin is ripe for the picking, and is being handed on a silver platter to Canelo.

Thread Information