Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Carl Frampton considering quacking his way to 126

Frampton-Quigg in Jeopardy, Carl Eyes Move To 126 - Boxing News

Honestly, this is getting to the point of ridiculous now. All McGuigan's talk about how Frampton is the A-Side yet as and wants a minimum of 60/40 yet he isn't making any offers. Lets be clear here, Scott Quigg is the one who has tried to make this fight and there is absolutely no reason why it hasn't happened as this is the biggest money fight out there for either of them. I keep saying that if they fought I'd favour Frampton as do quite a few on here, but it seems that maybe Frampton's team doesn't fancy it.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Carl Frampton considering quacking his way to 126

Its pretty clear McGuigan is the one holding this fight back. If they are chasing LSC then they will have to move to 126 which is a shame as it means the Quigg fight probably wont happen. I dont care whos ducking who in this fight, its pretty clear that they are both ducking the 122 king Guillermo Rigondeaux.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post

Honestly, this is getting to the point of ridiculous now. All McGuigan's talk about how Frampton is the A-Side yet as and wants a minimum of 60/40 yet he isn't making any offers. Lets be clear here, Scott Quigg is the one who has tried to make this fight and there is absolutely no reason why it hasn't happened as this is the biggest money fight out there for either of them. I keep saying that if they fought I'd favour Frampton as do quite a few on here, but it seems that maybe Frampton's team doesn't fancy it.
    would you still favour frampton?

im not so sure anymore, i think quig might have the edge now
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is close and people changes their mind from each outing and performance they produce.

Frampton must stay at the weight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If he does move up it won't look good

He'll get a rep like David Haye

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

60/40 is fair.

Quiggs best fight is against Kiko, a guy Frampton has beaten twice before.

Frampton has fought a few former world champions, and the guy he fought saturday night was a tough mexican that can punch.

Carl has now branched out to the US where he just had a very entertaining fight.

I think 60/40 is a fair split.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post

60/40 is fair.

Frampton has fought a few former world champions, and the guy he fought saturday night was a tough mexican that can punch.

Carl has now branched out to the US where he just had a very entertaining fight.

Which few former world champions are we talking about? Molitor? He was past his best by then and if you're going to mention Cazares he was a light-flyweight at a time and was a world champion 2 weights down from 122. Frampton's record is no better on paper than Quigg's record. I don't get what is so absurb about 60/40 to the winner? If Frampton thinks he'll win it easy then he gets his 60/40 split. No reason to run from that at all. You're being hoodwinked if you think Carl Frampton has achieved something spectacular that Scott Quigg hasn't. They've had very similar careers. This isn't like Khan vs. Brook were Khan has been an established American star for years. Frampton went over there on Saturday and struggled against a guy most people did not know who he was. There is absolutely no excuse not to make this fight.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just fight. Someone in this sport make the fight that should be made!

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Manchester arena looked really full. Even allowing that a lot of them were Crolla fans it shows Quigg has support too. Sixty forty is a good deal for Frampton and he should take it. I think it'll be Quigg versus Donaire next in front of a big crowd in Manchester and then assuming Frampton is still even at 122 he won't get more than 50 50.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Interesting. I always thought Frampton looked big for the weight, he is quite short for a super bantam but is seriously muscled up. He has always been the physically stronger fighter throughout his career and I think that strength has possibly resulted in his boxing skills being very underrated.

He has good power and a solid chin. I was surprised that he outboxed the much rangier Gonzalez from outside, as a casual observer might have deduced the shorter squatter fighter would win in a Joe Frazier type way. He came back well from a disastrous start and showed very good ring intelligence to flex his tactics. He was also savvy enough to make sure the ref knew how many low blows he was taking

There were some big technical faults .... His right hand is always too low and that makes him open for left hooks, and he doesn't really fight inside (he punches well in the way in, but then falls in passively once he is really close). If he was tight at the weight, that may explain some of his sloppiness, but he could have easily suffered the same fate as his mentor Barry McGuigan on his U.S. Debut!!

I thought Gonzalez was very impressive, and fought out of his skin. If he can keep that up he will be a world champ IMO.

I reckon this tough win will have taught him more than any other fight he has had, certainly more than Quigg learned against Martinez. I still make a frampton a slight favourite to overcome Quigg, as long as he is not weight drained..

If he does move up, he looks awfully short to be mixing it up with the top skilful boxers out there. Lomachenko and Rigondeaux give him a boxing lesson I reckon, but there could be an equally big fight as the Quigg one if he fights Lee Selby?
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    The Manchester arena looked really full. Even allowing that a lot of them were Crolla fans it shows Quigg has support too. Sixty forty is a good deal for Frampton and he should take it. I think it'll be Quigg versus Donaire next in front of a big crowd in Manchester and then assuming Frampton is still even at 122 he won't get more than 50 50.
    Like I said, I was there and I'll be honest it wasn't full but it was about 9/10 full. Quigg had alot of fans there and even more after the finish.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All i know is these guys dont have the balls to face the man in there division not sure how big they are in uk i dont really know them. They should be fighting Rigo for the best in the division it sucks that the guy who is on top of the divsion and owned everyone can not get a fight.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    All i know is these guys dont have the balls to face the man in there division not sure how big they are in uk i dont really know them. They should be fighting Rigo for the best in the division it sucks that the guy who is on top of the divsion and owned everyone can not get a fight.
    Well Quigg's promoter Eddie Hearn is negotiating with Rigo but Donaire is likely first for Quigg in November. It is stupid that 2 world champions from the same part of the world aren't fighting. They spoke about these 2 fighting for the British title never mind 2 World Titles. It is bullshit it hasn't happened.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well these guys should fight but if they cant get it done fight Rigo if they don't they are chicken shit Fuckers who wont fight the man in their division. It is hard to say ducker when they both clearly are ducking the man Rigo who they should be fighting because he is the man.
    Last edited by Mr140; 07-23-2015 at 11:15 AM.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post

60/40 is fair.

Which few former world champions are we talking about? Molitor? He was past his best by then and if you're going to mention Cazares he was a light-flyweight at a time and was a world champion 2 weights down from 122. Frampton's record is no better on paper than Quigg's record. I don't get what is so absurb about 60/40 to the winner? If Frampton thinks he'll win it easy then he gets his 60/40 split. No reason to run from that at all. You're being hoodwinked if you think Carl Frampton has achieved something spectacular that Scott Quigg hasn't. They've had very similar careers. This isn't like Khan vs. Brook were Khan has been an established American star for years. Frampton went over there on Saturday and struggled against a guy most people did not know who he was. There is absolutely no excuse not to make this fight.
    Firstly he didn't struggle he walked to victory in a wide UD.

The guy was tough as nails and gave him a test.

Which is whT he needed.

Im sorry but for me, Frampton is just far more entertaining to watch.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Thread Information