Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ward vs Calzaghe

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    in a fair fight joe would win on volume, perfect style to beat ward, particularly in his prime

in America with 3 American judges and an American ref Ward would win

in wales with 3 welsh judges and a welsh ref Joe would win
    Thank you for getting back to the question and this is what I said already.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    in a fair fight joe would win on volume, perfect style to beat ward, particularly in his prime

Oh yeah, the question.

The Calzaghe that fought Hopkins gets beat I think.
    A slightly earlier Calzaghe, Lacy/Kessler era, or maybe even earlier, would perhaps edge a close points decision, pulling away in last few rounds.

Wouldn't have any confidence either way though.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ryanman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Oh yeah, the question.

The Calzaghe that fought Hopkins gets beat I think.
    A slightly earlier Calzaghe, Lacy/Kessler era, or maybe even earlier, would perhaps edge a close points decision, pulling away in last few rounds.

Wouldn't have any confidence either way though.
    I think if the contest happened in Wales the ref may even stop fight during the exchange and give it to Joe.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Joe Calzaghe is British Primo. Whether you like it or he likes it or I like it is irrelevant. I have always been a big fan like most British boxing fans. He fought in Britain for British titles ffs. All this because I pointed out he was born in England. ������
    Wow! Are you still trying to convince yourself? I've got a feeling you'll be taking out a custody lawsuit next! #desperatetoclaimapartofhim.
    It's not even a disputed fact by anyone but you. Most Italians, that is people born in Italy, do not consider Calzaghe Italian why would they? He was born in England, lived his entire life in Wales and fought the majority of his fights in Britain including fighting for British titles. A couple of the boxers i work with down here spar regularly with the Selbys and in boxing that is how it works, you don't not support other British boxers just because they are not English. If Calzaghe had fought Froch I would have watched with interest but wanted Joe to win, so your disingenuous rubbish about English fight fans not supporting boxers like Buchanan, Burns,Watt,Maccarenelli,Rees, Mcguigan, Frampton etc until they are successful is daft. Not only have they consistently bought tickets and turned up to watch in droves but your argument makes no sense. There has been and continues to be way more top notch world level English boxers than Welsh, Scottish,Northern Irish and Italian put together, so why would the English be glory hunters like the British plonkers who wear Brazil,Italy and Dutch football shirts when the World cup comes around. Reaching mate.Joe beats Ward. Output, but more importantly avoiding Andres traps and much better feet. In and out. Ward will not be able to lean on Stamina with a guy who grew up running those Welsh hills. Points win for the Brit.
    Tell you what @Beanz, I'll leave you to it. you keep ignoring what I've actually said and answer with what you THINK I've said if it makes you happy. And while you're at it , carry on ignoring all the questions and points put forward. Crack on!
    I'll leave you with one little contradictory quote you posted to prove my point. You said how should I tell YOU how you feel about the Scots and Welsh, but then YOU have the gall to Tell Calzaghe what he is despite what HE FEELS.
    I feel it would be a mature thing to do to stop this idiotic to ing and fro ing, so I will take the first step and stop posting on this matter. If you wish to carry on, be my guest.
    Primo mate, I will just say this, with Calzaghe you are putting a lot of weight on what HE feels to define his nationality. But I distinctly remember you ignoring that aspect when it came to Lennox Lewis. People pointed out that LL was adamant he is British but for you that didn't matter.

(as an aside I'm sure there are many many quotes of Calzaghe referring himself in terms of Britishness. 'The first British fighter to do this' etc).
    Lennox Lewis "felt so British", that he won an Olympic Gold Medal for CANADA!!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mo Farah, Chris Froome, Bradley Wiggins, Justin Rose, Mike Catt, Mako Vunipola, Manu Tuilagi, Toby Faletau, John Barnes, Owen Hargreaves, Greg Rusedski and let's not even mention Cricketers.
    [/QUOTE]

The name's you've listed here Primo are good examples of a template for nationality being impossible.

So, let's take Bradley Wiggins. You've included him because he was born in Belgium. Yet his parents were in Belgium as his dad was a professional cyclist. He was raised in St Helens, is clearly a Lancashire lad and is 100% British IMO. His Belgium link is about as relevant as my mate's Papua New Guinea link.

On the other hand Greg Rusedski. Now, I liked the bloke, but most people wouldn't consider him to be a British man. I mean, he just isn't. He's a Canadian with links to Britain that played under the British flag. As such I supported him. But, is he British like Wiggins? No.
    For someone like Mo Farah, being a refugee at a young age, his nationality is mostly defined by his own self-identity. For him, he is British. For me, he's British. Somalian roots of course but he proudly represents his country. In fact, in 2012 when some wag questioned whether he should run for Somalia Mo was rightly outraged.
    It's all a rich tapestry [/QUOTE]
    Mate, I was just using @Beanz's criteria based on where they were born and trying to highlight how fucking stupid it is. Of course I don't believe Bradley Wiggins is Belgian.
    in my opinion , every case has its own merits.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by master View Post
    primo is the new ross.
    bwaahaha! 😁
    Primo missed ross so much that he became him.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joe Calzaghe is British Primo. Whether you like it or he likes it or I like it is irrelevant. I have always been a big fan like most British boxing fans. He fought in Britain for British titles ffs. All this because I pointed out he was born in England. ������
    Wow! Are you still trying to convince yourself? I've got a feeling you'll be taking out a custody lawsuit next! #desperatetoclaimapartofhim.
    It's not even a disputed fact by anyone but you. Most Italians, that is people born in Italy, do not consider Calzaghe Italian why would they? He was born in England, lived his entire life in Wales and fought the majority of his fights in Britain including fighting for British titles. A couple of the boxers i work with down here spar regularly with the Selbys and in boxing that is how it works, you don't not support other British boxers just because they are not English. If Calzaghe had fought Froch I would have watched with interest but wanted Joe to win, so your disingenuous rubbish about English fight fans not supporting boxers like Buchanan, Burns,Watt,Maccarenelli,Rees, Mcguigan, Frampton etc until they are successful is daft. Not only have they consistently bought tickets and turned up to watch in droves but your argument makes no sense. There has been and continues to be way more top notch world level English boxers than Welsh, Scottish,Northern Irish and Italian put together, so why would the English be glory hunters like the British plonkers who wear Brazil,Italy and Dutch football shirts when the World cup comes around. Reaching mate.Joe beats Ward. Output, but more importantly avoiding Andres traps and much better feet. In and out. Ward will not be able to lean on Stamina with a guy who grew up running those Welsh hills. Points win for the Brit.
    Tell you what @Beanz, I'll leave you to it. you keep ignoring what I've actually said and answer with what you THINK I've said if it makes you happy. And while you're at it , carry on ignoring all the questions and points put forward. Crack on!
    I'll leave you with one little contradictory quote you posted to prove my point. You said how should I tell YOU how you feel about the Scots and Welsh, but then YOU have the gall to Tell Calzaghe what he is despite what HE FEELS.
    I feel it would be a mature thing to do to stop this idiotic to ing and fro ing, so I will take the first step and stop posting on this matter. If you wish to carry on, be my guest.
    Primo mate, I will just say this, with Calzaghe you are putting a lot of weight on what HE feels to define his nationality. But I distinctly remember you ignoring that aspect when it came to Lennox Lewis. People pointed out that LL was adamant he is British but for you that didn't matter.

(as an aside I'm sure there are many many quotes of Calzaghe referring himself in terms of Britishness. 'The first British fighter to do this' etc).

I'm going to apply that to Calzaghe then and say that he felt so Italian and non-British that he won multiple BRITISH ABA titles, competed at European Juniors for BRITAIN and tried to qualify for BRITAIN's 1992 Olympic team, where, had he done so, he would have tried to win gold for BRITAIN!! .

So, by your Lennox logic, Calzaghe IS British because of who he represented as a amateur? Or do you not apply that to Calzaghe?

Just put it simply Primo, what do you think is the key facet of someone's nationality?
    2011/12 - 2nd

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm going to apply that to Calzaghe then and say that he felt so Italian and non-British that he won multiple BRITISH ABA titles, competed at European Juniors for BRITAIN and tried to qualify for BRITAIN's 1992 Olympic team, where, had he done so, he would have tried to win gold for BRITAIN!! .

So, by your Lennox logic, Calzaghe IS British because of who he represented as a amateur? Or do you not apply that to Calzaghe?

Just put it simply Primo, what do you think is the key facet of someone's nationality?
    Just to clarify for the millionth time, Calzaghe is WELSH.
    I merely pointed out that he is more in touch with his Italian heritage than his British identity.
    Finally, I'm on my mobile , so not very good at pasting old posts, but on page 2 of this endless saga, it's there for all to see that you blatantly lied and bullshitted to make your case sound more acceptable and mine more absurd.
    "Even his dad moved from Italy to England when he was two " that is a blatant lie which you thought you would get away with.
    So anyway, please either change the habit of a lifetime and address your statement and explain yourself or do not bother replying.
    If you can bullshit about that, you can bullshit about anything and there will be absolutely no point continuing unless you explain yourself.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am not Ryanman, but anyhoos

"Born in Sassari, Sardinia,in 1949, Enzo Calzaghe, Joe's father, had his first taste of Britain aged two, when his family moved to Bedford. "

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...ng.joecalzaghe

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wales is the country ive been to most times apart from england
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wales is the country ive been to most times apart from england
    You travel a lot then.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just to clarify for the millionth time, Calzaghe is WELSH.
    I merely pointed out that he is more in touch with his Italian heritage than his British identity.
    Finally, I'm on my mobile , so not very good at pasting old posts, but on page 2 of this endless saga, it's there for all to see that you blatantly lied and bullshitted to make your case sound more acceptable and mine more absurd.
    "Even his dad moved from Italy to England when he was two " that is a blatant lie which you thought you would get away with.
    So anyway, please either change the habit of a lifetime and address your statement and explain yourself or do not bother replying.
    If you can bullshit about that, you can bullshit about anything and there will be absolutely no point continuing unless you explain yourself.
    Disclaimer - you mean Beanz
    2011/12 - 2nd

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Born in Sassari, Sardinia,in 1949, Enzo Calzaghe, Joe's father, had his first taste of Britain aged two, when his family moved to Bedford. "

You can but dream mate
    2011/12 - 2nd

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But my point about saying Lewis boxing for Canada makes him Canadian must also logically mean that Calzaghe boxing for Britain makes him British was a pertinent one. At least I thought so.

Primo - Calzaghe is more Italian than British because he identifies as such.
    Ryan - Lennox identified as British but you consider him Canadian.
    Primo - Because Lennox boxed for Canada.
    Ryan - But Calzaghe boxed for Britain.
    Primo - Calzaghe is Welsh.

The definition of a circular argument and moving goalposts.

But anyway yes I agree. Calzaghe is undoubtedly a Welshman. Which in turn makes him British. With a recent Italian heritage. Those things are all factual.

And it's not that serious so let's just get along
    2011/12 - 2nd

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Fucking Priceless! you copied and pasted part of it to mislead , like I said you fucking would ! but you missed out the following :

"the family returned to Sardinia, where Enzo spent the rest of his formative years dreaming of becoming a professional footballer.
    After completing national service in the late 1960s the 21-year-old Enzo grabbed a guitar and some clothes and vowed not to return to Sassari until he had made a name for himself. Having hitch-hiked his way across Europe, sleeping rough and busking from his Simon and Garfunkel songbook, he ended up on a tomato ship bound for Bournemouth, where he got a job working in a restaurant during the day and sleeping there at night."

so he went BACK to Sardinia, Grew up (like you should! ) did his national fucking service and then went travelling!
    dear oh dear @Beanz, that hole is getting bigger and bigger.

Ps. my apologies @ryanman , definitely mistaken identity from my part. You are safe from being accused of being @Beanz!!

Thread Information