Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default HIIT training

What can you guys tell me about this training?

How do you judge your levels?

If I plan on doing this when I wake up, how long after should I wait to eat?

Will this work for my fat ass?
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: HIIT training

Sorry Killer what do you actualy do, theres that many new types of training and names being given to things. Could you enlighten us
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

HIIT Training stands for High Intensity Interval Training,

It can be performed for example as 20 seconds of sprinting and then 40 seconds of jogging, that would be one cycle. You can repeat for as many as 6-12 cycles.

As your anerobic energy system becomes more conditioned, you could up the ante to 30 seconds of Sprinting and then 30 seconds of jooging for each cycle.

When i do HIIT after i get up, i usually have a glass of water and then warm up with a light jog or shadow boxing, when i return home i usually stretch and then eat straight away.

It is excellent for fat loss as it will speed up your metabolic rate for a few hours after you have completed the workout!!

It depends on your conditioning levels i guess to how much HIIT you can do, you will need a fairly good fitness base to start this type of training.

Hope this helps!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks Boeing, got it, so its not anything new its old stuff with a new name.Yes its good stuff its good for all thresholds and you can adapt it to lots of things, its so variable you can throw so many things in with it, its never ending. We used it qiute a lot in the 70s its nothing new, but very good base conditioner.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Our athletics coach at our high school makes us do this stuff. It is probably one of my most favorite work outs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just the one guideline is to basically start off at a 1:2 sprint:jog ratio. For example, if you sprint for one minute, jog for two. As the workouts become easier, start decreasing the ratio. Once you reach 1:1, start increasing the times.
    Boxing is like a handjob, and MMA is like a hot sweaty orgy with 5 chicks. I could never say no to a handjob, but which would you rather have?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep

Will this work for my fat a**?
    eat straight after you finish if you like, that way your can stop yourmuscle wasting away aswell after the workout
    Thats cricket

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Poom
    Quote Originally Posted by killersheep

Will this work for my fat a**?
    eat straight after you finish if you like, that way your can stop yourmuscle wasting away aswell after the workout
    Quote Originally Posted by Boeing787
    HIIT Training stands for High Intensity Interval Training,

It can be performed for example as 20 seconds of sprinting and then 40 seconds of jogging, that would be one cycle. You can repeat for as many as 6-12 cycles.

As your anerobic energy system becomes more conditioned, you could up the ante to 30 seconds of Sprinting and then 30 seconds of jooging for each cycle.

When i do HIIT after i get up, i usually have a glass of water and then warm up with a light jog or shadow boxing, when i return home i usually stretch and then eat straight away.

It is excellent for fat loss as it will speed up your metabolic rate for a few hours after you have completed the workout!!

It depends on your conditioning levels i guess to how much HIIT you can do, you will need a fairly good fitness base to start this type of training.

Hope this helps!
    Hey thanks a ton guys, that was exactly what I was looking for general info. I think I may do this in the morning instead of just jogging, as I don't have as much time as I used to. to all on here
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

its good for both stamina and weight loss actually mate.
    when your going at a constant level your muscles and your anabolism/metabolism level out at a constant level, and you start to retain energy. when you change the intensity like you do with HIIt, your constantly giving your muscles the "trick", causing more calorie loss (good if your trying to lose weight) and a better way to build muscle (ask any bodybuilder, tricking muscle fibres is the way to new growth)

Thread Information