Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Today in Trump

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

Yup the American women have it way waaaaaaay worse.
    This is how low you will go, Lyle. Scraping the barrel in order to hide your own scum in a flurry of invented outrage. You don't give a fuck about Yazidi girls, or innocent children who are victims of IS, all you care about is American women and children because you think they are somehow different and special cases. You have admitted this. You think nothing of using the dead victims of terrorist attacks as ways to score what you think are political brownie points, even when they are British or European. I never once said American women had it way worse, and never would I. Quite the opposite. When I talked of meeting, talking with documenting the brave Kurdish women who fought Isis a few years back you and your pals mocked it as an empty SJW gesture so in fact you are describing your own behaviour here.

This is what you do. Get on your soapbox and moralize over anyone that dare have a more balanced and less tribal and childish outlook than you, whilst projecting your own fear and ignorance onto others.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When wanting to read up on politics, including international issues, I try to look for sources that at least give the impression of being neutral and objective. I try to weed out the subjective, biased, frothing-at-the-mouth articles where the author's biases seem to ooze out of their pores. But I do like to read what others have to say, especially the opinions of those who live in the place where the events or issues are going on. All of this is to say that I've been very interested in what the typical Brit has to say about Trump, his visit, and his politics.

My own opinions about Trump I think I've said numerous times. The guy's like a bull in a china shop. No regard for protocol, courteous human interaction, or even looking or sounding the part of the leader of the most powerful nation in the free world. He spits out comments and Tweets like he's in a back alley conversation, without caring whose feelings are hurt or who he offends. He makes unfortunate comments and generalizations, hurting good people in the process. But on the other hand he has clearly stated goals, which he has communicated, and is hell bent on achieving those goals, come hell or high water. His opponent in the 2016 Presidential race couldn't have been worse. Hillary Clinton would've made a worse POTUS than the captain of the Titanic turned out to be for his ship. Apparently, the US public was "up to here" with cookie cutter politicians, spouting the same shit over and over and never doing a damn thing to help the US public. Electing Trump was their statement. That the guy has zero decorum and is a total asshole as a person.... that's beside the point. Hopefully, Washington has gotten the message, and the next President after Trump will learn The Lesson. That American voters won't put up with meaningless politicians anymore.

But now that he's abroad, how do other countries' citizens feel about him? Again, I look for articles that at least seem objective, with points of view only those living in those countries could have.
    With that in mind, I'll post this link from The Spectator.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2018/07/...hat-hes-right/

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    This is how low you will go, Lyle. Scraping the barrel in order to hide your own scum in a flurry of invented outrage. You don't give a fuck about Yazidi girls, or innocent children who are victims of IS, all you care about is American women and children because you think they are somehow different and special cases. You have admitted this. You think nothing of using the dead victims of terrorist attacks as ways to score what you think are political brownie points, even when they are British or European. I never once said American women had it way worse, and never would I. Quite the opposite. When I talked of meeting, talking with documenting the brave Kurdish women who fought Isis a few years back you and your pals mocked it as an empty SJW gesture so in fact you are describing your own behaviour here.

This is what you do. Get on your soapbox and moralize over anyone that dare have a more balanced and less tribal and childish outlook than you, whilst projecting your own fear and ignorance onto others.
    What scum am I hiding @Beanz? Care to elaborate?

No, I think it's only proper for certain groups of people (your type, the bleeding hearts) to understand what they take for granted in every day life.

I DO care about Americans more than other folks because Americans are my friends, my family, my neighbors....but I guess that's not good according to Beanz

You think nothing of using the dead victims of terrorist attacks as ways to score what you think are political brownie points, even when they are British or European.
    Yeah you know, because terrorist attacks aren't caused by a certain population, I mean they're caused by anybody really and you know maybe it's just the patriarchy causing young men to do these things, but we DO know for 100% certain that it's #NOTALLMUSLIMS .....we know that for an absolute FACT......if there was a terrorist attack in Europe today I'm certain it wouldn't be ALL Muslims, it would be just a few who did it. I'm fairly certain even your Kurds would be able to guess who is responsible for a terrorist attack but you're all "Bring in more refugees....they're refugees " I guess the rape gangs and acid attacks and terrorism is done by actual honest to God Britons and not folks of a certain background....yup it's that wanker Tommy Robinson he's responsible for the violence surely wouldn't be guys like Anjam Choudary....wouldn't be those dudes.

You see Lee Rigby get massacred in the middle of the street in broad fucking daylight and you're STILL trying to defend the animals who do that shit it is so pathetic.

El Kabong Guest

Such protest, much wow

Yyyyyyyyyeah Beanz's friendzies

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You know no one is blaming Tommy Robinson for the attacks but you making a martyr of him for free speech is sickening.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    You know no one is blaming Tommy Robinson for the attacks but you making a martyr of him for free speech is sickening.
    Ummm I have done nothing to cause Tommy to be viewed as a martyr, the ENGLISH legal system has accomplished that, thank them!

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...us-dollar.html

Kirky here is another article about China and Russia. I know there was also talk about China dumping bond holdings but they suspect that was just saber rattling because of trade. However Russia and China have been talking about a gold backed currency rather than the current petro dollar which has been used since the seventies. We made an agreement at the time for oil purchases to be done only in dollars. China beat us as the the largest importer of oil and there usage will continue to grow so they can put pressure on the house of saud to to accept the yuan. We provide security to the Saudi oil field so we can apply pressure. It’ll be interesting to see how it plays out
    The is just some idiot talking his book (selling his own firm/position).

You can't have a currency backed by gold and a couple of autocracies supplanting the dollar. You'd need endless economic, legal, political changes that will never happen for it to be theoretically possible and if it was backed by gold it'd be less useful than Bitcoin. A few years ago China managed to get the IMF to use their currency as one of the five that are used to peg the value of Special Drawing Rights. These kind of moves and annoncements are just China and Russia trying to cause America any kind of problem they can. They can't compete militarily so they try and fuck with America in other ways.

What's important for people deciding where to put their capital and people deciding where to invest is whether a country has opportunities available under an umbrella of politcal and legal stability, maybe with a bit of history of stability and functioning rule of law to back that up. China and Russia don't come close to anybody you would want running some kind of supranational currency.

And if Trump does screw things up and the dollar somehow loses its reserve status it'll actually help the US economy as much as it hurts it. Although if we do get to that point nobody will be thanking him it's fair to say.

Also, too, the US offers protection to the Saudis in the same way five Italian families offer businesses in New York protection from losses. This kind of behaviour is on the way out. Look how China are building trading relationships around the world and look at what they're looking to succeed in over the next hundred years -- they're looking and building to be number one in all the industries which will dominate the future. That's where we're fucking up, not with nonsense like this.
    Not nonsense investors are talking about it a lot. It doesn’t mean much now but it shows China’s desire. As of this time China is after a different crude than we are. The point is what u said, China’s effort to dominate which is why I brought it up in the first place u dolt.
    Do you know how many decades a version of this story has been doing the rounds? Since long before you were born. In the sixties it was the Saudis and OPEC who were going to launch a currency to take over from the dollar as the world's reserve currency, then it was endless variations depending on what looked like the most believable thing at the time. Where the fuck are Russia and China going to come up with the deep and liquid capital markets that took over a century for America to build and the primacy of the rule of law which is a fucking joke in their countries? Anybody who is talking about this seriously and not trying to sell somebody something or get them to invest with them is a fucking stone idiot.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As far as how the economy works and people arguing the president or a certain set of policies is/are the determining things for how the economy works then I have to say that the single greatest determinant over your personal situation, economic prospects and how your life will turn out is a bunch of unelected bankers who run monetary policy. These guys:

If you want to know about the singlemost thing that will affect your life then you should read this article. It'll give you a good idea how things work:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/13/b...s-profits.html

If anybody wants to know any more or has any questions you can ask and I'll answer. Don't be shy. There are people worth nine and ten figure amounts who have no idea about this stuff, they read the editorial page of the Wall Street Journal and believe a crazy right wing Journal world where tax cuts and deregulation are the key to everything is how things work. If you read this article you'll know far more than endless wealthy people do about how the economy works.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    When wanting to read up on politics, including international issues, I try to look for sources that at least give the impression of being neutral and objective. I try to weed out the subjective, biased, frothing-at-the-mouth articles where the author's biases seem to ooze out of their pores. But I do like to read what others have to say, especially the opinions of those who live in the place where the events or issues are going on. All of this is to say that I've been very interested in what the typical Brit has to say about Trump, his visit, and his politics.

My own opinions about Trump I think I've said numerous times. The guy's like a bull in a china shop. No regard for protocol, courteous human interaction, or even looking or sounding the part of the leader of the most powerful nation in the free world. He spits out comments and Tweets like he's in a back alley conversation, without caring whose feelings are hurt or who he offends. He makes unfortunate comments and generalizations, hurting good people in the process. But on the other hand he has clearly stated goals, which he has communicated, and is hell bent on achieving those goals, come hell or high water. His opponent in the 2016 Presidential race couldn't have been worse. Hillary Clinton would've made a worse POTUS than the captain of the Titanic turned out to be for his ship. Apparently, the US public was "up to here" with cookie cutter politicians, spouting the same shit over and over and never doing a damn thing to help the US public. Electing Trump was their statement. That the guy has zero decorum and is a total asshole as a person.... that's beside the point. Hopefully, Washington has gotten the message, and the next President after Trump will learn The Lesson. That American voters won't put up with meaningless politicians anymore.

But now that he's abroad, how do other countries' citizens feel about him? Again, I look for articles that at least seem objective, with points of view only those living in those countries could have.

The Spectator is probably the most right wing mainstream publication in Britain. It is nowhere close to objective. I read it for years because it had a fantastic column written by somebody called Jeffery Bernard. At the same time it used to publish a column written by an outright fascist and a guy who now financially backs the Greek fascist party.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And this is brilliant. What a maroon.

https://twitter.com/HadleyFreeman/st...00420782362631

Also, too, Ali G and various American politicians:

https://twitter.com/mindpivot/status...70260846694400

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...us-dollar.html

Kirky here is another article about China and Russia. I know there was also talk about China dumping bond holdings but they suspect that was just saber rattling because of trade. However Russia and China have been talking about a gold backed currency rather than the current petro dollar which has been used since the seventies. We made an agreement at the time for oil purchases to be done only in dollars. China beat us as the the largest importer of oil and there usage will continue to grow so they can put pressure on the house of saud to to accept the yuan. We provide security to the Saudi oil field so we can apply pressure. It’ll be interesting to see how it plays out
    The is just some idiot talking his book (selling his own firm/position).

You can't have a currency backed by gold and a couple of autocracies supplanting the dollar. You'd need endless economic, legal, political changes that will never happen for it to be theoretically possible and if it was backed by gold it'd be less useful than Bitcoin. A few years ago China managed to get the IMF to use their currency as one of the five that are used to peg the value of Special Drawing Rights. These kind of moves and annoncements are just China and Russia trying to cause America any kind of problem they can. They can't compete militarily so they try and fuck with America in other ways.

What's important for people deciding where to put their capital and people deciding where to invest is whether a country has opportunities available under an umbrella of politcal and legal stability, maybe with a bit of history of stability and functioning rule of law to back that up. China and Russia don't come close to anybody you would want running some kind of supranational currency.

And if Trump does screw things up and the dollar somehow loses its reserve status it'll actually help the US economy as much as it hurts it. Although if we do get to that point nobody will be thanking him it's fair to say.

Also, too, the US offers protection to the Saudis in the same way five Italian families offer businesses in New York protection from losses. This kind of behaviour is on the way out. Look how China are building trading relationships around the world and look at what they're looking to succeed in over the next hundred years -- they're looking and building to be number one in all the industries which will dominate the future. That's where we're fucking up, not with nonsense like this.
    Not nonsense investors are talking about it a lot. It doesn’t mean much now but it shows China’s desire. As of this time China is after a different crude than we are. The point is what u said, China’s effort to dominate which is why I brought it up in the first place u dolt.
    Do you know how many decades a version of this story has been doing the rounds? Since long before you were born. In the sixties it was the Saudis and OPEC who were going to launch a currency to take over from the dollar as the world's reserve currency, then it was endless variations depending on what looked like the most believable thing at the time. Where the fuck are Russia and China going to come up with the deep and liquid capital markets that took over a century for America to build and the primacy of the rule of law which is a fucking joke in their countries? Anybody who is talking about this seriously and not trying to sell somebody something or get them to invest with them is a fucking stone idiot.
    Never talked about it with anyone trying to sell me anything. The financial actions they are taking are true. The reason behind it is to lessen the US influence. This Xi is quite a character. I don’t see it as the end of the world but some EU countries are getting behind Xi and Putin’s plan. Investors don’t trust China, the government sticks its hand in shit too often. As a matter of a fact I haven’t seen any investment play on this scenario presented but I didn’t look. I did think it may effect the price of gold if something were done with a gold backed currency but I don’t see any sign of that happening. As a matter of a fact gold has been doing quite shitty. I’ll be over to see you soon cutey

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ummm I have done nothing to cause Tommy to be viewed as a martyr, the ENGLISH legal system has accomplished that, thank them!
    I thank them for locking him up.

Peddling Tommy memes borders on making him a martyr.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

I thank them for locking him up.

Peddling Tommy memes borders on making him a martyr.
    So you're pleased that a fellow citizen was locked up for having a go at 'Rape Gang' members?

Well ok then. I guess we differ on that.

Where's my Tommy Robinson meme? I haven't even posted about the guy all that much recently....Tommy wouldn't be relevant had the police, council members, et al done their fucking jobs to begin with rather than be so fucking worried about being called "racist" while the young women on your country were raped and pimped out.

Where's the outrage for that? I haven't bloody seen it from a lot of the English on here...Dia, Al, maybe.....haven't seen you upset about it, I know you are, but you're being fed "Hate Tommy, TOMMY deserves the hate" by the media and sadly you're eating that up....I bet between you, Beanz, and Kirkland you can't name A singular 'Rape Gang' member without having to look it up but you all hate Tommy blindly as fuck.....Tommy would be NOBODY had the folks in power not left the most vulnerable of your daughters, sisters, cousins, etc out unprotected....where's their justice? How are they going to live their lives after this shit?

It's unconscionable and you hate Tommy?!?!?! Good luck with that

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Again they are so paranoid about even remotely looking like a fascist or a racist that they would prefer to not be vociferous about rape gangs

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

The Spectator is probably the most right wing mainstream publication in Britain. It is nowhere close to objective. I read it for years because it had a fantastic column written by somebody called Jeffery Bernard. At the same time it used to publish a column written by an outright fascist and a guy who now financially backs the Greek fascist party.

But then we can probably throw rocks at just about ANY publication and accuse it of leaning one way or the other can't we.

In the spectrum of 1-100 where 1 is Trump's immediate family and 100 is Robert DeNiro, show me a publication that is right down the middle, a 50....... and I'll show you some beachfront property I own in Nebraska.

Forget the source then. Focus on what is being said. Trump is being criticized. But with at least the veil of objectivity, some rhyme is given to the reason.

Personally, I can't stand Trump. But for the life of me I can't remember a public figure where the polarization went to such extremes.

It's ridiculous, FFS.

Thread Information