Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moral Dilemmas - What would you do and why?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Moral Dilemmas - What would you do and why?

This story sparked the idea.

If you were there in Georgia what would you have done and why?

Atlanta drivers return spilled cash after armored truck drops $175K on highway

Two Atlanta men who found money spilled from an armored truck turned over $2,000 to authorities, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
    One of the truck’s side doors flew open Tuesday evening near Ashford Dunwoody Road, according to the newspaper.
    Footage of the incident showed at least six cars stopping to pick up cash off the road, all of which had left by the time police were able to make it through the traffic around 8 p.m. Tuesday, according to the Journal-Constitution.
    Police believe as many as 50 people may have taken money from the side of the road. Theft of lost or mislaid property valued under $1,500 is a misdemeanor in Georgia, whereas any greater amount is a felony. Only about $200 was recovered at the scene.
    “The law is the law,” Dunwoody police spokesman Sgt. Robert Parsons told the publication. “You need to turn in the property. It doesn’t belong to you. Reality needs to kick in, and you need to realize this money belongs to someone.”
    Investigators are not certain how much money is missing, but the crew of the truck said it could be up to $175,000, according to Parsons.
    Parsons added that anyone who voluntarily turned in money they had pocketed would not be charged with anything.
    “If you bring the money into Dunwoody Police Department, 24/7, and turn it in, that’s it,” he said. “We’re done. We’re all human beings, we all understand this is something that just doesn’t happen. You’re driving down the interstate and money falls out of the sky.”
    So far at least two people have returned money, one of whom returned $2,100 Wednesday afternoon and another who turned in about $500, according to the Journal-Constitution....

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...ed-truck-drops
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Moral Dilemmas - What would you do and why?

Taking it would be stealing. But if you needed it you would have been a fool to give it back!
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would keep it and make a half assed attempt to vindicate myself by assuming the money was insured or going to some faceless corporation, without bothering to research the matter since Id keep it regardless as Im way cooler than people who say things like “the law is the law”. Maybe it was going right to some cunt like Jeffrey Epstein, imagine the irony then. Yeah, thats also what Id tell myself.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh and as for the other drivers who stopped to pick up the cash, I guess Id just have to write down all their licence plates and break into their homes at night to take it. That part Im a little more uneasy with, but we ARE all human beings after all.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As i'm on film i'd give it back, however, considering it's the banks dough, I wouldn't give back half as much as I pinched, how they gonna tell if they don't know the exact figure?

Guarantee that's what the slippery dude who gave back 500 bucks did, gotta keep some for mines.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As an upstanding citizen of the community and role model to my children I would give it all back.

Your reputation should be worth more than a few bucks.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’d run to the omega store buy a new speedy and bring back twenty bucks saying it got caught in my windshield wiper, unless they had my license plate on film then I’d act like a model citizen and bring it back. But if they didn’t have an exact tally they wouldn’t get it all back

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If I knew the source or saw it falling off the truck I wouldn't touch it. If however there's just sudden money laying on the highway I'd get out and go into a theatrical over the top praising skyward yelling 'now I can afford the surgery' or something. Assume you're being filmed. And ffs grab off the grass under the guard rail as it's not blowing around and it's bunched up , pocket it. Take minimal..don't linger scooping up singles for the camera. Approach the person filming empty handed asking is this divine intervention and what is going on with this face . If you pull up in a bucket and the first thing you think of is paying off bills, keep it.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think I would wait until the police came to me, saying they know I took some of the money.

I would demand they show me their CCTV evidence and I would study it closely......

making careful note of all of all the other number plates and people there too, so I could track them down and mug or burgle them. They couldn't exactly report it as a crime, could they? Seeing as they shouldn't have had any of that money anyway?
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think i would grab armfuls of it on the basis that money is not real anyway. I would suggest to anyone who wanted it back that it was FIAT money anyway and there was no way enough gold or other Government backed commodities to give it any intrinsic value and so giving it to them would amount to me defrauding them or at least being an accessory to them giving it back out to people and pretending it was worth anything. I may have another theory when using it to pay bills and things though.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

MORAL DILEMMA 2

So this is hypothetical.

There is a bomber.

He has planted a series of bombs that will kill many people in a crowded place

He will not tell you where he has planted them and you only have hours to defuse them so usually the dilemma would be

Do you torture him until he reveals where the bombs are thereby saving many other lives?

The trouble is your over enthusiastic sidekick has already tortured him...a bit too much and she has killed him before he could divulge info, so the dilemma now is,

The guy who died, you have now found out, left the codes to defuse each bomb with 10 different people. None of these people know that they have the codes, or what they are for, but they have been hypnotized to not tell anyone what the codes are. You can not deprogram them . The only way to get the codes is to torture them.

You have narrowed the numbers down so that you now know that among the 25 people you have in custody who knew the dead bloke are the 10 with the codes.

Do you torture all 25 in order to save many, many more?
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would shag the over enthusiastic sidekick.

I would then time travel back and follow the man to see where he placed the bombs and dispose of the bombs accordingly.

I will be a hero and shag the over enthusiastic sidekick again.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Man that one escalated quickly . I was just going to torture the over enthusiastic sidekick.

So bomber dead. Obviously we don't know how much time we're working with but are assuming time enough to torture 25 people? I knew a guy once torture might go days . And if they're hypnotized but they don't know they have the codes in the first place , that's a toughie. Hate to be that guy but I'd just evacuate the building-place given the time window .

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’d just torture beanz for putting such a stupid thing in writing

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I actually like the premise, its far from stupid. Will have to think it over.

Thread Information