Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wilder's Head is Too Small--he will LOSE!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wilder's Head is Too Small--he will LOSE!

I think most people would be surprised if either of these guys stood up to the others best shot, that's what makes it a fun fight. Have a really hard time seeing much ebb and flow for the same reason though! Will Stiverne be able to throw a reasonable amount of punches instead of looking for the one perfect counter, and is WIlder even capable of winning rounds from the outside?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep, it is a pretty small head. As far as heads go, it is a kind of SMW proportion perched on a very long, lanky frame. Will that be the difference? I could not say for sure, but phrenology is one of my interests and believe a small head indicates higher intelligence and is a sign of enhanced evolution. All these fat, big headed heavyweights are not the way to go if you want smarts, speed and range. However, they can thump pretty hard and if a small head is clubbed you can get some of the most spectacular KO's. In the film Mars Attacks, I felt the small headed aliens were presented in a mean spirited way and similarly I think Brockton might be approaching it from a Hollywood entranced angle. Sometimes the small heads can be moral, resiliant and devastating in the boxing ring. Paul Williams and Thomas Hearns are other examples of the small headed brigade. They were very good and could throw long punches and hurt people, but sometimes they could get absolutely bombed away and that gives some evidence to support Brockton's thesis. The big heads like Baldomir, Valuev, the cave troll, the rhino, and Dennis Lebedev look very intimidating, seldom get stopped, but you can outbox them as they lack the co-ordination, speed, and intelligence of the future evolved being boxer type. It should be a fun fight.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Even though I am backing Stiverne and I maintain he is an excellent boxer and all that, there's one thing @p4pking already alluded to that shits me about him and lets him down a bit.

His workrate sucks!

Now I understand better than most that a 240lber with as much muscle as Stiverne can't produce the kind of output as a smaller HW even if he IS conditioned really well.

But his output is often downright lazy! Being cerebral and not wasting shots is fine but he should apply more pressure than he does! If so, he might find he creates openings for smashing counters more often than merely waiting for a mistake.
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Yep, it is a pretty small head. As far as heads go, it is a kind of SMW proportion perched on a very long, lanky frame. Will that be the difference? I could not say for sure, but phrenology is one of my interests and believe a small head indicates higher intelligence and is a sign of enhanced evolution. All these fat, big headed heavyweights are not the way to go if you want smarts, speed and range. However, they can thump pretty hard and if a small head is clubbed you can get some of the most spectacular KO's. In the film Mars Attacks, I felt the small headed aliens were presented in a mean spirited way and similarly I think Brockton might be approaching it from a Hollywood entranced angle. Sometimes the small heads can be moral, resiliant and devastating in the boxing ring. Paul Williams and Thomas Hearns are other examples of the small headed brigade. They were very good and could throw long punches and hurt people, but sometimes they could get absolutely bombed away and that gives some evidence to support Brockton's thesis. The big heads like Baldomir, Valuev, the cave troll, the rhino, and Dennis Lebedev look very intimidating, seldom get stopped, but you can outbox them as they lack the co-ordination, speed, and intelligence of the future evolved being boxer type. It should be a fun fight.
    I realize there is no scientific basis for thinking that a bigger dick or head or nose or ears or shoulders means anything at all. But when I saw Wilder's head in comparison to Stiverne's massive noggin, I got this sudden feeling Stiv would smash that lil' walnut in.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Even though I am backing Stiverne and I maintain he is an excellent boxer and all that, there's one thing @p4pking already alluded to that shits me about him and lets him down a bit.

His workrate sucks!

Now I understand better than most that a 240lber with as much muscle as Stiverne can't produce the kind of output as a smaller HW even if he IS conditioned really well.

But his output is often downright lazy! Being cerebral and not wasting shots is fine but he should apply more pressure than he does! If so, he might find he creates openings for smashing counters more often than merely waiting for a mistake.
    The Haitian knows how to smash-in lil' pea-heads who knock out schizophrenic civilians like zelenoff.

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

His head is to small,did you think of this when you were taking a dump,
    because all great thinkers need inspiration.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    That is the dumbest thing you have posted since........... yesterday.
    you piece of pudding cruws.........guess you missed my post from this morning then!!! bwwwww

@superheavyrhun
    Why am I here?

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    That is the dumbest thing you have posted since........... yesterday.
    you piece of pudding cruws.........guess you missed my post from this morning then!!! bwwwww

@superheavyrhun
    Why am I here?
    bcuz you de only one knows what pudding crws is matey (according to another pudding boy)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've heard it all now.

Makes sense though, look how big Manny Pacquiao's head is...

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just wish we could see their bare feet, you can tell a lot about a mans fighting ability by the length of different toes.
    Teddy could explain it better, but it has something to do with leverage and real estate.
    You know what I'm saying! Lol
    Last edited by beenKOed; 01-17-2015 at 06:08 PM.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    I've heard it all now.

Makes sense though, look how big Manny Pacquiao's head is...
    Cheap shot flomo!! =P

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather's head is also massive, Manny sprang to mind because his ridiculous 70s era Bruce Lee haircut accentuates the bulbousness of his head.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Just wish we could see their bare feet, you can tell a lot about a mans fighting ability by the length of different toes.
    Teddy could explain it better, but it has something to do with leverage and real estate.
    I'm a 13 with hairy, veiny feet and a big toe that resembles a potato. Do I have potential?

My head is quite big too.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manny is a little less slighter naturally built than Mayweather.

If Money can perfectly counter Manny with a big shot like the "lightening in a jar incident" then he could knock him out.

That's a FAT chance.

MOST likely scenario is Manny overwhelms Money for a UD win, possible late KO, based on real performance assessments.

Offensive fighters like Manny of course are open to more upsets. But they ARE upsets!

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    I'm a 13 with hairy, veiny feet and a big toe that resembles a potato. Do I have potential?

My head is quite big too.
    Was that a russet or sweet potato? Teddy says length does matter😉, and he's undecided about the fat head in this case. Lol

Thread Information