Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LMAO at how fast the wheels came flying off Stiverne's bandwagon!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default LMAO at how fast the wheels came flying off Stiverne's bandwagon!!

Yesterday he was a formidable champion. He TKO'ed the tough Chris Arreola not once, but twice. He was big, powerful, durable...... the first real test for Wilder, who was supposed to come unhinged at the first shot landed in anger by Stiverne.

..... and today?

Today he is a no-good bum. Yes...... we all knew that to begin with. How the hell he ever got to be champion is beyond anyone's comprehension. Matter of fact, shame on Wilder for not getting him outta there in two rounds or less. Yeah, no...... let's not give any credit to Wilder. Fuck'im. It's all on Stiverne. Hell yeah..... worst HW champion of all time.

Boxing fans can be a hilarious bunch. Always good for a laugh.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: LMAO at how fast the wheels came flying off Stiverne's bandwagon!!

And this surprises you hermano? I think not as you have been around enough. This is par for the course and actually expected. The same logic is used in the A, B, C analogy which I still see both directly and indirectly played. If A beat B and B beat C then A beats C.

Sure, maybe in a game of 10 pin bowling.

He seemed to execute a perfect game plan and stuck to it. I thought his activity was fine and actually compared to most other heavyweights off the charts. A nice stiff jab and he looked real fast in there. His cardio seemed fine. It was Stiverne who was breathing through the mouth by round 6. Wilder actually looked like a completely different fighter and that could be because of the quality of his previous opponents and the short time frame he took to dispose of them. Which means I may have judged him unfairly to begin with. His straight right had speed and pepper to. He showed good feet and good movement. He turned Stiverne out several times. His hooks still look like they are coming from across the street but Stiverne either wouldn't or couldn't exploit that. Bermane fought like he trained to land a punch and he did look flat but thats pro boxing and I think he was gob smacked almost from the opening bell at how Wilder approached this fight.

I still have ??'s about his chin and Stiverne never really landed a solid shot last night try as they may to suggest he did. That I am still curious about but even if it is shaky it does not mean he cant go on to dominate this sorry ass division.

People can now do the default thing of tearing down the opponent that they picked to win because the guy they dislike won but that stuff should be pretty transparent for you by now brother.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't feel like Stiverne is a bum. Watching the fight I felt that Stiverne planned on Wilder gassing at the half way point and not being able to last the distance, and that his plan worked to a degree. The factor that Stiverne didn't take into account, in my opinion, was how much of a toll Deontays jab and straight right would take on him. I honestly feel that if Stiverne could have willed himself to string together two solid rounds of going to the body and effective infighting, Wilder would have collapsed. Shoulda, woulda, coulda, I know, but I never felt that Deontay was on the verge of stopping him late, it seemed he wanted to cruise to the decision and not engage. Luckily the early work he did seemed to intimidate and frustrate Stiverne to not force the action until the last round.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    And this surprises you hermano? I think not as you have been around enough. This is par for the course and actually expected. The same logic is used in the A, B, C analogy which I still see both directly and indirectly played. If A beat B and B beat C then A beats C.

He seemed to execute a perfect game plan and stuck to it. I thought his activity was fine and actually compared to most other heavyweights off the charts. A nice stiff jab and he looked real fast in there. His cardio seemed fine. It was Stiverne who was breathing through the mouth by round 6. Wilder actually looked like a completely different fighter and that could be because of the quality of his previous opponents and the short time frame he took to dispose of them. Which means I may have judged him unfairly to begin with. His straight right had speed and pepper to. He showed good feet and good movement. He turned Stiverne out several times. His hooks still look like they are coming from across the street but Stiverne either wouldn't or couldn't exploit that. Bermane fought like he trained to land a punch and he did look flat but thats pro boxing and I think he was gob smacked almost from the opening bell at how Wilder approached this fight.

I still have ??'s about his chin and Stiverne never really landed a solid shot last night try as they may to suggest he did. That I am still curious about but even if it is shaky it does not mean he cant go on to dominate this sorry ass division.

People can now do the default thing of tearing down the opponent that they picked to win because the guy they dislike won but that stuff should be pretty transparent for you by now brother.
    There were a few times it looked as though he'd taken some good shots, you even heard them land, only to see on the replay he'd turned or ridden them and they'd either landed on his shoulder or any sting had been taken out of them and that was only when he wasn't getting a very simple jab smacked straight through his guard. Stiverne never had the skill to deal with anyone who wont just stand and throw punches with him. Even when Wilder did that it was Stiverne who came off worse coming close to getting stopped on the 2 or 3 occasions they traded with each other.

Stiverne was rated solely off the Areola fights.

LouEVIL, Kentucky "birthplace of Cassius Clay"
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i wouldnt say BUM, but i would say DUMB!!! im very disappointed in stiverne. who stands at the very end of a opponents arms whos that tall with that long a reach he stayed in wilders range all night!!! WTF.
    and watching stiverne NOT cut off the ring was pathetic. and no body wrk in early rounds? moron.

watching stiverne plod towards wilder all night eating jabs reminded me of lewis vs tua.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Yesterday he was a formidable champion. He TKO'ed the tough Chris Arreola not once, but twice. He was big, powerful, durable...... the first real test for Wilder, who was supposed to come unhinged at the first shot landed in anger by Stiverne.

..... and today?

Today he is a no-good bum. Yes...... we all knew that to begin with. How the hell he ever got to be champion is beyond anyone's comprehension. Matter of fact, shame on Wilder for not getting him outta there in two rounds or less. Yeah, no...... let's not give any credit to Wilder. Fuck'im. It's all on Stiverne. Hell yeah..... worst HW champion of all time.

Boxing fans can be a hilarious bunch. Always good for a laugh.

Tito...LOOK OUT A WHEEL IS COMING YOUR WAY!!!!

Yeah, some are sounding like politicians trying to explain why their guy didn't when a "very winnable" election.

Before the fight: Stiverne is the much more skilled.
    After the fight: Well Stiverne really showed he wasn't that skilled.

I took about five minutes to do a search on some funny comments...now that the fight has ended. I didn't care who made these statements, just that they are/were in abundance here:

Stiverne, better quality of opponents, better chin, more experience, more of a sense of urgency.

I can't believe Wilder is a favorite, despite being completely unproven.
    It shows how gullible boxing fans are.

wilder and those skinny ass legs can not take dawgs hard ass punches. plus wilder is sloppy

Looks like a sloppy, skinny legged, unproven 4 round fighter won the championship of the world.
    Does this prove how friggin pathetic this era of HW's have been..that a skinny-legged, sloppy throwin' , tomato can fight-4 round fighter could win the title?
    These are the kinds of guys Wlad has been beating hmmm...

Or does it show (ALSO) show what I & a few others have stated: Intangibles like willpower & determination will get you through... until skill can be gained. & that skill can only come- one fight at a time.

Congrats to Deontay's camp for taking him slow as molasses to get here.
    They knew he was limited and now they have given him the right time to fight with the right chump er uh champ to go after.

Oh, the HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION WILL BE TALKED ABOUT NOW....JUST NOT BY THE STIVERNE "HE'S THE MORE SKILLED FIGHTER" BANDWAGON FANS!!

Go eat a wild punch!! SUCKAS!!!!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Meow meow let's not gloat. It could have been Wilder shitting the bed.

It wasn't though so hooray!

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Meow meow let's not gloat. It could have been Wilder shitting the bed.

It wasn't though so hooray!
    True. It wasn't a Picasso painting.

But it made it into the art gallery!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

TO be honest I was one of the guys who said here that I wasn't sold on Stiverne, but to be honest he impressed me last night with his toughness and grit.

People are going to say "oh he fought the wrong fight, he should have thrown more punches". Sounds good but if he had thrown more and opened himself more he probably would have gotten KTFO.

His plan made sense on paper: survive, let the guy who's never been past 4 rounds punch himself out, then take over and finish. Same thing Bhop no doubt had in mind for Kovalev. But like Kovalev, Deontay paced himself well, picked his spots and dominated.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stiverne who?

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just wrote an entire wrap up of the fight, and spoke very highly about Stiverne @TitoFan.

Where the fuck were you??
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I havent ever said a good word about Siverne.

Wilder was always gonna win, but I never anticipated 12 rounds.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, it's not about Stivern being a bum it's about Deontay performing better than most thought. I did pick Wilder but I had my doubts. Deborah proved himself, I still don't see him beating Wlad.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post

@IamInuit

Not surprised that it happened, my friend. Just astounded at the blinding speed with which it happens.
    It's borderline schizophrenic.

I love you.
    I hate you.
    No... I really love you.
    I hate your guts.

It's enough to make a person's head spin.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think one bit less of Stiverne. Wilder turned out be better than 99% of us thought.
    The biggest surprise for me was the jab of Wilder. It is a great weapon and bothered Stiverne in a big way.
    I can't wait to see what he does with Fury. Some interesting fights on the way for Wilder, I hope he keeps surprising us, in a good way! Lol

Thread Information