Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: what now for bute?

It's not rebuilding if there was no real foundation in place to begin with. This was by far the toughest test Bute had faced, and he was completely destroyed, don't kid yourselves. The idea that he would be well served to just fight another top guy at 168 is crazy, he'll need to be matched up very carefully in his next few fights if he wants to make waves in the near future. There is nothing unfair about writing him off as a legitimate top guy for the meantime, it's not as though he is a young fighter who got caught.. This is a guy who has been milked and brought up carefully for years now, gradually increasing his level of opposition and taking a steady climb to the elite level. There is really no positive to take from this fight at all, he was absolutely hopeless against a guy who could take his punches and get inside on him. In theory he could have given Kessler a decent fight as that would probably be fought at a distance, but Ward would beat him up like he stole something.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    It's not rebuilding if there was no real foundation in place to begin with. This was by far the toughest test Bute had faced, and he was completely destroyed, don't kid yourselves. The idea that he would be well served to just fight another top guy at 168 is crazy, he'll need to be matched up very carefully in his next few fights if he wants to make waves in the near future. There is nothing unfair about writing him off as a legitimate top guy for the meantime, it's not as though he is a young fighter who got caught.. This is a guy who has been milked and brought up carefully for years now, gradually increasing his level of opposition and taking a steady climb to the elite level. There is really no positive to take from this fight at all, he was absolutely hopeless against a guy who could take his punches and get inside on him. In theory he could have given Kessler a decent fight as that would probably be fought at a distance, but Ward would beat him up like he stole something.
    your assessment that bute has "no real foundation" and that he should be carefully matched up over the next few fights is moronic.

there are alot of things to learn from his failure in this fight. running from froch and fighting a bunch of c level fighters isn't the solution. froch is a great fighter. he's shown it in his past fights and he showed it again against bute. bute needs to analyze his performance and make adjustments in training and take froch on again in the fall. thats how you learn. whats fighting a bunch of bums gonna do to help bute learn how to fight the elite? you seem to think he's only fought bums and it got him "no real foundation" so how is that gonna help him get better?

boxing is about taking chances, not coddling and hand holding.

we'll see what happens in the rematch.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Your writing style is moronic, so there. Is your shift key broken or something? My point was simply that Bute hadn't established that he could compete on this level beforehand, it was a major step up in class and he was absolutely blasted out. Froch is obviously great, but he hasn't taken anyone else out in that fashion recently has he? Bute isn't durable and can't fight on the inside to save his life. If you think this isn't something he should work on, or that he would be able to improve enough in one training camp to beat any of the belt holders at SMW, I want your drugs. If he rematches Froch he will get KO'ed again, and it's certainly not a smart career move. I understand that you want to see top fights all the time, I'm just thinking about what is realistic.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

reading comprehension must not be your strong suit...(or maybe it's the lack of capital letters that's confusing you.) i just said that bute has alot to learn from this fight and many adjustments to make.

i'd argue that bute is fairly durable since he took about 30 clean power shots to the head and didn't go down. seemed to recover well between rounds... the problem is that he tried to go toe to toe with froch instead of boxing and using his jab, movement speed and timing.

he clearly can't fight on the inside and should have a completely different strategy for the rematch. everyone expected bute to keep froch on the outside and box. he allowed froch to come in and overpower him. so... fighting guys that aren't as vicious or lack the inside fighting of froch won't really help him get better. he'll just assert his outside game and beat them the way he beat the others.

you have to face failure head on to be the best. back into the fire.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hahaha. It's true I didn't really read your first post due to the lowercase, my apologies. The thing which had people so confused going into this fight(myself included) is the notion that Bute had the option to box him on the outside. Thinking back, he's never really shown the ability to move any way but forwards whilst being effective with his output. He is more of a well polished offensive fighter than he is actually slick or intelligent in the ring.

I'm not suggesting that he should only fight bums he could look good against, merely pointing out that this is how he built himself up to begin with for the most part. I was surprised that he dealt with Glen Johnson the way he did, but in truth, I think Glencoffee would TKO him if they fought again. That's an opponent for Bute to consider at least. If he jumps right into a rematch with Froch it is carehr suicide, he CAN'T beat himt barring some kind of godlike metmorphosis you seem to feel he is capable of.
    Last edited by p4pking; 05-28-2012 at 06:02 AM.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    He beat decent opposition, but past it opposition and avoided the Super 6. Froch showed that Bute cannot take a shot and that should stay home and fight the likes of Allan Green. I don't think Bute has what it takes and this fight will have destroyed his confidence.

He's nuts if he chooses to waste all our time with a Froch rematch.
    He never avoided the S6 and I wish people would quit saying he did. He was not even asked and was in effect froze out. Instead the powers at be invited Taylor and Abraham who had no business being there.

The speed in which people are written off today is hilarious. Of course he is still a top 168 pounder. He simply got beat. And rest assured he will demand a rematch. Froch looked great last night and executed his game plan perfectly with a willing opponent allowing him to do so.Bute right off the get go decided to try to out slug the slugger. He was so worried about his feet that he ended up punching off the front of them. Bute will regroup just as any elite after a loss.
    I no he is one of your own,Bute is not finished but it was a very damaging defeat if you are honest
    Kessler and Ward would both beat him. As for the rematch forget about it he will just get Ko again
    Froch has his number Bute can not handle pressure if you let him get into a rhythm he's hard to beat
    but Froch is to much for him the fight was a bit like the old rabbit in the headlights for Bute he froze.
    Well we differ. I dont do the if A beat B and B beat C then A beats C calculation. Boxing simply does not work that way. Bute was not himself and fought rather stupid and seems to be echoing what I said today in the press. At any rate Froch beating him does not mean Ward or Kessler does. All three fight nothing alike. I wish modern day boxing would turn their collective back on the notion that because someone undefeated has lost they are done. I mean imagine if Benny Leonard quit after he was knocked cold or Arguello getting stopped in about his tenth fight. A loss is not the end of the world as most all time greats will attest to. Sure its tough to take as a fan of his from the moment he started as a pro. To see him lose in that type of fashion but he will be back imo and the better for it.

I agree with your take. Bute seemed lost.
    The point's you have made are correct, Bute having lost in that manner will need to get back on track
    Kessler is a very good very hard punching fighter that straight right hand would get to Bute just like Golovkin got him same out come. Ward would bust him up fair or foul.

Fair enough but I cant go along with the conclusion. Its in everyone's best interest to throw a straight right against a southpaw but easier said then done and Kessler in his prime could not make that punch count against Calzaghe.

If Bute is now a none factor then Kessler was a none factor after Calzaghe and even more so after the tourney he prematurely exited. Kessler lost his stones long ago. Tell me you do not believe he would ever go to Nottingham. Shit I'd wager he will never leave Denmark.

Ward/Bute is a completely different fight stylistically then what we watched last night. It might even be a snooze fest.
    Bute is fighter at this moment in time has lost,so how does he come back a rematch with Froch or
    a easy fight to get back in the grove. I feel he need's the easy fight, it's not so much that he lost but it was in the manner he lost.He took some stick as Froch is regarded as very heavy handed which he showed in the fight.Far play he came to Froch's back yard but he was a very good armature and boxed all over the World himself.Kessler may fancy fighting Froch as he has already beaten him
    a very big part how much money the fight can generate.
    Both Kessler and Froch, are still at the top of there games but remember the only way is down, to me
    this is a 50-50 fight.
    Ward is the young guy of the bunch, hard to beat dirty a bit like a young Hopkins about as exciting as pond scum.Does Bute still have a place in the mix you or I don't no time will tell let see how he comes
    back from this defeat.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was a big fan of Bute and I'm absolutely gutted. I give Bute all the credit in the world for traveling to Nottingham to take on Froch, even though it back-fired in the worst possible way. He clearly came to Nottingham brimming with confidence and left literally on a stretcher. I feel horrible for the guy.

I'm not completely writing Bute off, but it's going to be a lot to come back from. If asked whether I see him taking a win at the top level ever, I would answer definitively in the negative. We have to be realistic. Bute showed after Bika, Andrade and Johnson that he could handle decent preassure. This is a chin issue. Froch is a decent puncher, but not a murderous puncher. He hadn't had a knockout in three years. He hit Kessler and Abraham with bigger punches, and they didn't fold. Did Bute ever throw his patented uppercut? How many real punches did he actually land? 3-4? It appeared that once he felt a single punch from Froch, he folded, and his whole fight plan went out the window. In my opinion, Bute takes on Froch at home in the rematch in September, makes a lot of money on Showtime, loses badly again, and then retires. One more night of 7 figures would probably be worth it.

He's made enough money that there is no reason to put his life in danger further. He's given me many great fights and his uppercut is still a classic. I hope he gets out of the game with his facilities intact and money in the bank.
    Last edited by Rantcatrat; 05-28-2012 at 03:16 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    I was a big fan of Bute and I'm absolutely gutted. I give Bute all the credit in the world for traveling to Nottingham to take on Froch, even though it back-fired in the worst possible way. He clearly came to Nottingham brimming with confidence and left literally on a stretcher. I feel horrible for the guy.

I'm not completely writing Bute off, but it's going to be a lot to come back from. If asked whether I see him taking a win at the top level ever, I would answer definitively in the negative. We have to be realistic. Bute showed after Bika, Andrade and Johnson that he could handle decent preassure. This is a chin issue. Froch is a decent puncher, but not a murderous puncher. He hadn't had a knockout in three years. He hit Kessler and Abraham with bigger punches, and they didn't fold. Did Bute ever throw his patented uppercut? How many real punches did he actually land? 3-4? It appeared that once he felt a single punch from Froch, he folded, and his whole fight plan went out the window. In my opinion, Bute takes on Froch at home in the rematch in September, makes a lot of money on Showtime, loses badly again, and then retires. One more night of 7 figures would probably be worth it.

He's made enough money that there is no reason to put his life in danger further. He's given me many great fights and his uppercut is still a classic. I hope he gets out of the game with his facilities intact and money in the bank.
    As a fellow Bute fan I cannot agree. Fighters lose both good and great fighters get beat down. Now he lost fair and square and Froch deserves all the credit that he gets but that was not Lucian Bute on Saturday but some photo shopped version that had a lobotomy prior to the ring walk. It certainly was not the Bute I have watched since he turned pro.

He was mentally taken out of the fight by the elements long before the bell rang. He fought stupidly and should have asked for a ten foot ring. He stood right in front of Froch like his feet were nailed to the floor. He needs a sports psychiatrist because sooner or later he was going to have to leave Quebec anyway. This crushing loss could also serve as a catalyst for improvement. The great ones battle through adversity. Armstrong was knocked out in his first fight and then lost two of the next three.

I'll remain optimistic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How did abraham hav no buisness in the s6, he had the simlar amount of wins as bute as was also unbeaten
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    He beat decent opposition, but past it opposition and avoided the Super 6. Froch showed that Bute cannot take a shot and that should stay home and fight the likes of Allan Green. I don't think Bute has what it takes and this fight will have destroyed his confidence.

He's nuts if he chooses to waste all our time with a Froch rematch.
    He never avoided the S6 and I wish people would quit saying he did. He was not even asked and was in effect froze out. Instead the powers at be invited Taylor and Abraham who had no business being there.

The speed in which people are written off today is hilarious. Of course he is still a top 168 pounder. He simply got beat. And rest assured he will demand a rematch. Froch looked great last night and executed his game plan perfectly with a willing opponent allowing him to do so.Bute right off the get go decided to try to out slug the slugger. He was so worried about his feet that he ended up punching off the front of them. Bute will regroup just as any elite after a loss.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How did abraham hav no buisness in the s6, he had the simlar amount of wins as bute as was also unbeate
    When did Abraham ever fight at 168 prior to the tourney? A tourney designed supposedly for the best super mids in the world?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Abraham was top dog in a weight very slightly below 168, he was happy to step up to the weight, i think he deserved his place in the s6, ok id maybe of put bute in First but didnt he have andrade lined up and was commited to fight him?
    How did abraham hav no buisness in the s6, he had the simlar amount of wins as bute as was also unbeate
    When did Abraham ever fight at 168 prior to the tourney? A tourney designed supposedly for the best super mids in the world?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a chin issue.
    Thats pretty harsh on bute, froch landed alot of heavy power shots, i think bute did well to stay on his feet as long as he did, froch had the fight of his life, if he'd landed as many shots as he did on bute on ward or kessler they'd of been in trouble,

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So how come bute was able to stop Andrade??
    Andrade is no different to froch according to everyone!! Cos Andrade and froch are pure sluggers and bute was at his peak here so what's the deal??

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

As a fellow Bute fan I cannot agree. Fighters lose both good and great fighters get beat down. Now he lost fair and square and Froch deserves all the credit that he gets but that was not Lucian Bute on Saturday but some photo shopped version that had a lobotomy prior to the ring walk. It certainly was not the Bute I have watched since he turned pro.

He was mentally taken out of the fight by the elements long before the bell rang. He fought stupidly and should have asked for a ten foot ring. He stood right in front of Froch like his feet were nailed to the floor. He needs a sports psychiatrist because sooner or later he was going to have to leave Quebec anyway. This crushing loss could also serve as a catalyst for improvement. The great ones battle through adversity. Armstrong was knocked out in his first fight and then lost two of the next three.

I'll remain optimistic.
    I completely agree with you. I have never seen Bute looked so out of his element. He didn't fight anything like I've seen him in the past. He didn't move. His reactions weren't like they usually are. His punching power didn't even seem there as it usually is.

@IamInuit , listen I hate to be harsh, as you know I'm a Bute fan, but he's alread proved over and over that he can beat the Sakio Bika's and Glen Johnson's of the world. Do we need to continue to see him do it? Clearly, he's better than that. He's in between a rock and a hard place here. I would love to see him take the rematch with Froch and avenge his defeat, although the odds would be heavily stacked against him. Otherwise, where does he go?

Thread Information