Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What country produces the dumbest boxing fans?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Honestly, I don't have an opinion on this question.
    If I had a choice, I would rather be a fighter in the UK than anywhere else. They support their athletes even when they disappoint.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Africa

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What country produces the dumbest boxing fans?

ok... Africa's a.... uh... continent.... but we get it

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    ok... Africa's a.... uh... continent.... but we get it

The Sudan?

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The answer should have been Philippines.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    The answer should have been Philippines.

Pac Tards

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Funny thread.
    We have all got them mixed in. Aussie land has some people who are just plain caught up in the love hate thing between states and on the lesser levels,our town is tougher than your town mentality. Then further up in the hopefuls league theres the fat gold chain wearing ex mob looking dudes who just have to be seen out with some movers in society when a camera is around.
    Even some of the so called fans walk around ringside tables (cause they do some here like a beer restaurant at ring side)Some of them walk around with their lips pursed and eyes flicking from one side to the other trying to look tougher than other dude they are with.

Funny shit, its like being at the zoo and picking out which monkeys are for real and which ones are scamming the crowds and which ones are picking up the left overs.You see a few I swear they look at the ring action all of three times per hour.
    With that going on at ring side can you imagine out in the bleaches? Some of the fuckwits have no respect for the fighters or the game or art of boxing, they boo opposing countries fighters into the ring its embarrassing they are baboons in suits, there are alot of Idiots out there. Im betting under 10% love the sport and if their friends weren't there they would'nt be either.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would say Puerto Rico but since the title does say "country" there not eligible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not sure if weird fans translate to bad fans but Germany puts on the absolute most fcking ridiculously weird cards I've ever seen. I saw a guy walk in to a full blown orchestra. And the crowd always is enthusiastic but I keep waiting for the Blue Man Group to come off the ceiling. The rings are strange as well. I'm not saying bad just strange. Maybe not the right post for this rant. I say with the lack of media support this sport has anymore, any fan is a good one.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with @Andre. No country gets exclusive rights on stupidity be it boxing, politics or view of the world. As a great man once said,"the difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limitations". Its easy to say Americans but terribly stupid in its own right. They have 300 million people, have the most fans in the world and are the leaders in its broadcasts with everybody being connected.
    The same math makes them the smartest.

If boxing ignorance was the question then Canada wins hands down. There is barely a ripple outside Quebec. Next time you see a random Canadian ask him/her who George Dixon was or Yvon Durrelle. I'd like pictures of the blank stare.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My own view on humanity is that most people are relatively ignorant, stupid, and uninformed on a wide array of things and this includes the noble field of boxing. It is on this basis that I conclude that there is no single nation that produces the dumbest fans. There are a minority that make up their own minds and live free of nonsense like patriotism, race, and sheer man lust, but most follow these traits and cannot escape the bonds as ignorance is bliss and propaganda is all pervasive. This is a collectivist humanitarian preserve, and where there are people, there are dummies. The people are sheep and they are usually manipulated by devilish Shepherds, who in boxing terms, appear in the guise of a promoter, a network, and often have supporting agents such as judges and referees. The Shepherd metaphor can be transferred to most areas of human life: from politics, to consumerism, academia, religion, fashion etc.

It truly is a lot of piffling nonsense and I am thankful that I have patented my very own spaceship and will go and live on the Moon. I have heard that Arum wants to stage Pacquiao/Rios 2 there. Go away Arum and stay out of my moon based carrot fields. I have created these to grow in an airless environment using only the rays of the sun and I want you and your sheep out of it. Though you can send some actual sheep in exchange for carrots as I don't like carrots very much. I don't want to eat the human sheep as I don't like excessively fatty meat.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Actually, I would like to emphasize that my previous post was semi-satirical and for nobody to get offended. I'm just not a big fan of vegetables. I too am sometimes guilty of man love and that love is James Toney. My love crosses racial, geographic, linguistic, and cultural barriers which must mean I am very open minded. I wouldn't want to eat James Toney though either, which must mean I am somewhat prejudiced. The turds in academia will say with their noses turned up emitting a nasal focused drawl 'You shouldn't discriminate against other human beings like this'. I don't like those people and I know what I would do with my carrots should I come across one!

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have never seen such an openly anti-carrot post, parade itself as tolerance. Not only are you suggesting taking them to the moon as alien, unskilled immigrants, to be castigated by the locals, you are then flicking the perennial two fingers up at them by refusing to eat them.

The stupidest fans are the other fans. Patriotism is both necessary and desirable as a trait if we are to truly get on and show respect for others. If you cannot recognise and love that which is unique and different about yourself, your family, your town and your country, any respect you claim to show for another is both compromised and shallow. The great lie that men,women,races and countries are all the same is disingenuous and makes us into nothing better than homogenized porridge. Worthy of equal respect is not the same as equal.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This thing has morphed to an intellectual discussion and intellectual discussions do not belong in boxing! Can't we all just say Philippines? Pac holds public office. So does his challenged brother and his brother's wife. Jinkee looks after the ever-dwindling money. Yet these people are treated like sage gods.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Those saying UK fans maybe right to some degree - but as pointed most fighters would kill for that kind of support.

I was lucky enough to get a ticket to Hatton v Mayweather and I couldn't believe what I witnessed over there - neither could Vegas.

It annoyed me the number of people moaning about UK fans afterwards - even bar and business owners, who'd been rubbing their hands when they had them in their bars drinking all day for 3-4 days solid.

Ok the booing during the US national anthem was dumb - but in their defence they were pissed....
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Thread Information