Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Today in Trump

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    "If we were really serious about oversight we'd say the documents will be present at 10:00a.m. tomorrow, if they're not, at 10:01 we start the impeachment proceedings regarding Rod Rosenstein." - Rep. Matt Gaetz

and what's this?

Obama cyber chief confirms 'stand down' order against Russian cyberattacks in summer 2016
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/obama-cyb...204935758.html
    WASHINGTON — The Obama White House’s chief cyber official testified Wednesday that proposals he was developing to counter Russia’s attack on the U.S. presidential election were put on a “back burner” after he was ordered to “stand down” his efforts in the summer of 2016.

The comments by Michael Daniel, who served as White House “cyber security coordinator” between 2012 and January of last year, provided his first public confirmation of a much-discussed passage in the book, “Russian Roulette: The Inside Story of Putin’s War on America and the Election of Donald Trump,” co-written by this reporter and David Corn, that detailed his thwarted efforts to respond to the Russian attack.

They came during a Senate Intelligence Committee hearing into how the Obama administration dealt with Russian cyber and information warfare attacks in 2016, an issue that has become one of the more politically sensitive subjects in the panel’s ongoing investigation into Russia’s interference in the U.S. election and any links to the Trump campaign.

Well that ain't good
    If they impeach him he gets to depose them and subpoena all their electronic communications. We'll get to read their text messages. And what good will it do? No DOJ lawyer with any ethics is going to hand them documents and evidence relating to an ongoing criminal investigation, which is what they're asking for.

Very little was done to counteract the Russian interference in the election What little Obama tried to do was blocked by the GOP Senate leadership who refused even to issue a joint statement telling Russia not to interfere.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The day Trump caved

Intense pressure, including from Republicans, prompted Trump to undo his family separation policy.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...aration-660870

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    https://www.heritage.org/markets-and...back-boogeyman

Even with share buy backs it has been portrayed as the economic boogeyman. It helps everyone with 401ks and all the retail investors. Yeah the 1% gets more but what the fuck do u do. They will get that no matter where the money goes, they also pay the most in taxes even with cuts. You need to look at how many don’t pay taxes here Kirk. And the stock market is the economy, there are other ascpects of the economy but the market is king here in the US
    The whole point of these corporate tax cuts is that corporations are supposed to do two things with the money, increase wages and primarily increase investment. But like I already showed you, real wages for the non executive/management part of the workforce, over 90%, have fallen in the last year and instead of investing firms are buying back their stock. There are no good investment opportunities so they're buying back their own stock, something that rightly used to be illegal until Reagan allowed it And this was eminently predictable, and of course I did predict it, but it's the easiest prediction ever as all you have to do is look at previous corporate tax cuts and see what happened.

Trump could have created decent actual growth with the tax cuts. He could have given 90% of it to low/middle earners who are all paycheque to paycheque and would have immediately spent it. This increased demand would have created massive investment opportunities for business to expand so they can cater to the increased demand. And that's how the economy used to work right up until Reagan and the supply side idiots came along and fucked it up.

And the stock market is not the economy. Real annualised economic growth since 2009 is 2.3% Stock market growth in the same period is over 15% a year. Stock markets regularly go up during economic recessions. Five out of the last ten recessions have seen positive stock market returns. 80% od stocks are owned by 8% of the population. The bottom 80% of the population own basically no paper financial assets at all.

Look at the explosive growth since the massive supply side wealth redistribution started by Reagan. Do you have the same explosive growth in US wages? No, adjusted for inflation people haven't had a rise since 1980. You're being fucked up the arse daily and you're too ignorant and tribally captured to realise what's happening. They know just how to press your buttons to keep you voting against your economic interests.
    Kirk you just don’t know enough about our economics. The market tells us what is going on. It’s like an economic weatherman

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cohen's friend doesn't seem to know about Q Anon. Says Trump should be very worried right now. Doesn't he know Trump is really working with Mueller?

https://twitter.com/TheBeatWithAri/s...69007312228352

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://www.heritage.org/markets-and...back-boogeyman

Even with share buy backs it has been portrayed as the economic boogeyman. It helps everyone with 401ks and all the retail investors. Yeah the 1% gets more but what the fuck do u do. They will get that no matter where the money goes, they also pay the most in taxes even with cuts. You need to look at how many don’t pay taxes here Kirk. And the stock market is the economy, there are other ascpects of the economy but the market is king here in the US
    The whole point of these corporate tax cuts is that corporations are supposed to do two things with the money, increase wages and primarily increase investment. But like I already showed you, real wages for the non executive/management part of the workforce, over 90%, have fallen in the last year and instead of investing firms are buying back their stock. There are no good investment opportunities so they're buying back their own stock, something that rightly used to be illegal until Reagan allowed it And this was eminently predictable, and of course I did predict it, but it's the easiest prediction ever as all you have to do is look at previous corporate tax cuts and see what happened.

Trump could have created decent actual growth with the tax cuts. He could have given 90% of it to low/middle earners who are all paycheque to paycheque and would have immediately spent it. This increased demand would have created massive investment opportunities for business to expand so they can cater to the increased demand. And that's how the economy used to work right up until Reagan and the supply side idiots came along and fucked it up.

And the stock market is not the economy. Real annualised economic growth since 2009 is 2.3% Stock market growth in the same period is over 15% a year. Stock markets regularly go up during economic recessions. Five out of the last ten recessions have seen positive stock market returns. 80% od stocks are owned by 8% of the population. The bottom 80% of the population own basically no paper financial assets at all.

Look at the explosive growth since the massive supply side wealth redistribution started by Reagan. Do you have the same explosive growth in US wages? No, adjusted for inflation people haven't had a rise since 1980. You're being fucked up the arse daily and you're too ignorant and tribally captured to realise what's happening. They know just how to press your buttons to keep you voting against your economic interests.
    Kirk you just don’t know enough about our economics. The market tells us what is going on. It’s like an economic weatherman
    And I just explained how it doesn't. How does it go up during economic recessions if it shows how the economy is doing?

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Americans Invested in the Stock Market -- Selected Trend
    By age and income
    April 2007
    %
    April 2016
    %
    Change
    (pct. pts.)
    National adults 65 52 -13
    Less than $30,000 28 23 -5
    $30,000 to $74,999 72 50 -22
    $75,000 or more 90 79 -11
    18 to 34 52 38 -14
    35 to 54 73 62 -11
    55+ 65 56 -9
    GALLUP POLL SOCIAL SERIES

Numbers have been down but half the country invests and that doesn’t include 401ks

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The question of whether the stock market can predict the economy has been widely debated. Those who support the market’s predictive ability argue that the stock market is forward-looking, and current prices reflect the future earnings potential, or profitability, of corporations. Since stock prices reflect expectations about profitability, and profitability is directly linked to economic activity, fluctuations in stock prices are thought to lead the direction of the economy. If the economy is expected to enter into a recession, for example, the stock market will anticipate this by bidding down the prices of stocks.

The "wealth effect" is also regarded as support for the stock market’s predictive ability. Pearce (1983) argues that since fluctuations in stock prices have a direct effect on aggregate spending, the economy can be predicted from the stock market. When the stock market is rising, investors are more wealthy and spend more. As a result, the economy expands. On the other hand, if stock prices are declining, investors are less wealthy and spend less. This results in slower economic growth.

Critics, however, point to a number of reasons not to trust the stock market as an indicator of future economic activity. Pearce (1983) argues that the stock market has previously generated "false signals" about the economy, and therefore, should not be relied on as an economic indicator. The 1987 stock market crash is one example in which stock prices falsely predicted the direction of the economy. Instead of entering into a recession which many were expecting, the economy continued to grow until the early 1990’s (see FIGURE 1). Kirk, this is from a government study about using the stock market to predict the economy. As you can see people agree and disagree, I show both sides. You seem to print things as the omega and u are not

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Americans Invested in the Stock Market -- Selected Trend
    By age and income
    April 2007
    %
    April 2016
    %
    Change
    (pct. pts.)
    National adults 65 52 -13
    Less than $30,000 28 23 -5
    $30,000 to $74,999 72 50 -22
    $75,000 or more 90 79 -11
    18 to 34 52 38 -14
    35 to 54 73 62 -11
    55+ 65 56 -9
    GALLUP POLL SOCIAL SERIES

Numbers have been down but half the country invests and that doesn’t include 401ks
    The top 8% of earners own 80% od all stocks. The bottom 80% own 8% of the stocks and those are in 401ks or retirement accounts or mutual funds or pension funds or whatever. The vast majority of those people live paycheque to paycheque and any kind of investment they have is more of a piggy bank. It's a few hundred dollars or a couple of thousand and any kind of unplanned emergency coming along means it gets wiped out. Bottom lline however is that stocks are owned by less than one in ten of the population and nearly eight in ten live paycheque to paycheque. Stocks and stock market performance are just abstract meaninglessness to them.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The question of whether the stock market can predict the economy has been widely debated. Those who support the market’s predictive ability argue that the stock market is forward-looking, and current prices reflect the future earnings potential, or profitability, of corporations. Since stock prices reflect expectations about profitability, and profitability is directly linked to economic activity, fluctuations in stock prices are thought to lead the direction of the economy. If the economy is expected to enter into a recession, for example, the stock market will anticipate this by bidding down the prices of stocks.

The "wealth effect" is also regarded as support for the stock market’s predictive ability. Pearce (1983) argues that since fluctuations in stock prices have a direct effect on aggregate spending, the economy can be predicted from the stock market. When the stock market is rising, investors are more wealthy and spend more. As a result, the economy expands. On the other hand, if stock prices are declining, investors are less wealthy and spend less. This results in slower economic growth.

Critics, however, point to a number of reasons not to trust the stock market as an indicator of future economic activity. Pearce (1983) argues that the stock market has previously generated "false signals" about the economy, and therefore, should not be relied on as an economic indicator. The 1987 stock market crash is one example in which stock prices falsely predicted the direction of the economy. Instead of entering into a recession which many were expecting, the economy continued to grow until the early 1990’s (see FIGURE 1). Kirk, this is from a government study about using the stock market to predict the economy. As you can see people agree and disagree, I show both sides. You seem to print things as the omega and u are not
    Here's where you got this from:

The Stock Market As A Leading Indicator: An Application Of Granger Causality

Brad Comincioli Illinois Wesleyan The University Avenue Undergraduate Journal of Economics, Sample Issue (1996)

And here's the conclusion of the article you cited to prove the point you're trying to make:

In conclusion, the results of this project reveal that the stock market does help predict the future economy. Although it may not be surprising to find that fluctuations in economic activity may be preceded by changes in stock prices, our finding that changes in GDP are "Granger-caused" by changes in stock prices is important in that it provides additional support for the leading economic role of the stock market.

http://www2.econ.iastate.edu/classes...rcausality.htm

I'll backwards from here. You're obviously googling stuff that will try and help you make the case that the stock market is indeed representative of the economy, and that's because you've got no knowledge or frames of reference that you can use to make an actual argument yourself. The thing you do eventually use in a desperate googling attempt to make an argument actually makes my argument for me in as much as it has anything to do with what we're talking about.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No I don’t google to make my case. I present evidence so u will see what I’m saying and I’ll point out views that differ from mine.

El Kabong Guest

If they impeach him he gets to depose them and subpoena all their electronic communications. We'll get to read their text messages. And what good will it do? No DOJ lawyer with any ethics is going to hand them documents and evidence relating to an ongoing criminal investigation, which is what they're asking for.

Very little was done to counteract the Russian interference in the election What little Obama tried to do was blocked by the GOP Senate leadership who refused even to issue a joint statement telling Russia not to interfere.
    Well well well who will blink first...RR could be impeached, he could be fired by Trump we will just have to wait and see what the House does and what Trump decides to do, but slow walking pertinent files and documents isn't going to save his job.

Still on Russia

The day Trump caved

Intense pressure, including from Republicans, prompted Trump to undo his family separation policy.

LOL "HIS" family separation policy....Kirkland you are a fucking joke. All Trump did was execute an executive order to keep families together, the LAWS will still be enforced and now Democrats saying "OH MY GOD THINK OF THE CHILDREN" have no more cards left to play other than "HURR DURR open borders and everyone is welcome in!!!" which is NOT a winning hand LOL.

Yes Democrats 2018 & 2020 higher taxes, MS-13 are actually better than our citizens, and damnit we had hoped North Korea would bomb Trump I mean sure it would have killed Americans but damnit we hate Trump just that much.

let's see what kind of blue wave THAT platform draws

Cohen's friend doesn't seem to know about Q Anon. Says Trump should be very worried right now. Doesn't he know Trump is really working with Mueller?

I am sure we'll see what happens.....and I'm quite certain Donny Deutsch is playing to his audience...I can call MSNBC viewers an audience right even though it's like 10 people?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No I don’t google to make my case. I present evidence so u will see what I’m saying and I’ll point out views that differ from mine.
    Of course you don't google to make your case, you just spend your spare time obsessively reading third rate economic papers printed in obscure online journals and you remembered that one from memory.

And not only do my views differ from your views, your views differ from your views. At the top of this page you're arguing that, and I quote:

The market tells us what is going on. It’s like an economic weatherman

and at the bottom of the page, exactly ten minutes later you're citing a paper written by an economist with the conclusion that, and I quote,

In conclusion, the results of this project reveal that the stock market does help predict the future economy.

This is what happens when you've got no idea what you're on about and you try and argue about something you don't understand. Don't let it stop you though. It doesn't stop Curly or Moe either.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

Well well well who will blink first...RR could be impeached, he could be fired by Trump we will just have to wait and see what the House does and what Trump decides to do, but slow walking pertinent files and documents isn't going to save his job.

Still on Russia

The day Trump caved

LOL "HIS" family separation policy....Kirkland you are a fucking joke. All Trump did was execute an executive order to keep families together, the LAWS will still be enforced and now Democrats saying "OH MY GOD THINK OF THE CHILDREN" have no more cards left to play other than "HURR DURR open borders and everyone is welcome in!!!" which is NOT a winning hand LOL.

Yes Democrats 2018 & 2020 higher taxes, MS-13 are actually better than our citizens, and damnit we had hoped North Korea would bomb Trump I mean sure it would have killed Americans but damnit we hate Trump just that much.

let's see what kind of blue wave THAT platform draws

I am sure we'll see what happens.....and I'm quite certain Donny Deutsch is playing to his audience...I can call MSNBC viewers an audience right even though it's like 10 people?
    Trump would still have to find a lawyer at the DOJ willing to break the law and would only end up with another Saturday Night Massacre and/or a constitutional crisis.

Trump caved. Flip flopped. After claiming there was nothing he could do and only Congress could fix the problem he fixed it. Although he's going to have the same problem 20 days from now although he probably thinks he won't.

That guy is telling Trump what will happen if he doesn't pay Cohen's legal bills. Who knows what Cohen has on him.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Of course you don't google to make your case, you just spend your spare time obsessively reading third rate economic papers printed in obscure online journals and you remembered that one from memory.

And not only do my views differ from your views, your views differ from your views. At the top of this page you're arguing that, and I quote:

and at the bottom of the page, exactly ten minutes later you're citing a paper written by an economist with the conclusion that, and I quote,

In conclusion, the results of this project reveal that the stock market does help predict the future economy.

This is what happens when you've got no idea what you're on about and you try and argue about something you don't understand. Don't let it stop you though. It doesn't stop Curly or Moe either.
    U missed the entire thing because u r so stuck on being what you think is right you can’t let any truth get in

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

U missed the entire thing because u r so stuck on being what you think is right you can’t let any truth get in
    OK, then.

(I can't find the three stooges clip I want to post.)

Thread Information