39. This poll is closed
  • GGG

26 66.67%
  • Canelo

9 23.08%
  • Draw

4 10.26%
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you think won GGG/Canelo 2?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who do you think won GGG/Canelo 2?

don't think...can't type on a phone!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Never leave it in the hands of the judges...

What was the poorer decision...
    ODLH V Tito
    GGG V Canelo
    PBF V Maidana
    Does not matter, poor decision is a poor decision. It was not a robbery, because the rounds were very close and my score card was wide, just a bad decision.
    But everyone knew your scorecard would be wide before the fight started. Hell, we could predict most everyone here’s cards before the fight started

The fact you had it wide shows you’re opinion of this fight is and was biased. Everyone agrees it was a close fight except you.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post

ODLH V Tito
    GGG V Canelo
    PBF V Maidana
    Does not matter, poor decision is a poor decision. It was not a robbery, because the rounds were very close and my score card was wide, just a bad decision.
    But everyone knew your scorecard would be wide before the fight started. Hell, we could predict most everyone here’s cards before the fight started

The fact you had it wide shows you’re opinion of this fight is and was biased. Everyone agrees it was a close fight except you.
    We all try and score it as fairly as we can even with our bias, views and opinions. I stand by my score card.
    I said it was a close fight because the rounds could have gone either way.

You can still have a close fight but a wide score card. The analogy I made in the thread about the tennis match score be 3 nil in sets is apt because it looks a clear victory but the set scores would be 7-6, 7-6, 7-6.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ODLH V Tito
    GGG V Canelo
    PBF V Maidana

We all try and score it as fairly as we can even with our bias, views and opinions. I stand by my score card.
    I said it was a close fight because the rounds could have gone either way.

You can still have a close fight but a wide score card. The analogy I made in the thread about the tennis match score be 3 nil in sets is apt because it looks a clear victory but the set scores would be 7-6, 7-6, 7-6.
    True. And I didn’t mean for my comment to sound harsh. I just find it a bit sad that we have a great fight that is nip and tuck the whole way and people cry robbery. If they gave it to GGG, cool, if they gave it to Canelo, cool, to me a draw was fair.

I thought GGG was the more skilled fighter going in, I thought Canelo was the more athletic and diverse fighter. I walk away with that same feeling. But both are elevated in my eyes. GGG for showing the fortitude to recover and adjust, Canelo for showing that for all the hell he catches is a fighter through and through. People want to call him pampered for the business of boxing but what matters is in the ring. Dude out GGG’d GGG. Props to GGG for adjusting. Props to Canelo for being willing to stand and fight.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is hypocritical of you to accuse anyone else of being biased, considering you are biased yourself.

Predictably, you wanted Canelo to win because Mayweather has a win over him, and a win by Alvarez enhances Floyd's resume.

I wasn't rooting for either boxer, yet like most people I saw Golovkin winning, close but clear.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So much ado about jabs vs. power shots, as if jabs were the only thing GGG connected with. Watch the fight again. GGG totally ROCKED Canelo in the later rounds. Only Canelo's granite chin kept him from going down. GGG dominated the first few rounds jabbing from the outside, seemed to be a bit gassed toward the middle, then showed his true grit and rocked Canelo again and again with uppers and power shots. Canelo fans obviously will cling to the body shots of Canelo like drowning people to a lifebuoy, while ignoring the pounding GGG put on Canelo especially in the last part of the fight.

Again... Canelo fans think Canelo won. Boxing fans know GGG won. Every single survey being done bears it out. Simple as that.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post

It is hypocritical of you to accuse anyone else of being biased, considering you are biased yourself.

Predictably, you wanted Canelo to win because Mayweather has a win over him, and a win by Alvarez enhances Floyd's resume.

I wasn't rooting for either boxer, yet like most people I saw Golovkin winning, close but clear.
    You got almost everything wrong in that. I’ve never rooted for Canelo, I said “we could predict most everyone’s cards before the fight started” so I don’t need you to tell me about my biases, I’ve admitted them. Considering I saw it even it would suggest I didn’t favor either. And I don’t care about what Canelo does now in regards to Floyd, the 2 aren’t connected. Floyd fought a 21 year old 154 pounder, that’s a completely different fighter than a 28 year old 160 pounder. But keep pulling inaccuracy from the sky, I enjoy it. Perhaps I want GGG to fight Charlo, Jacobs, Saunders, Derevyanchenko because of Floyd rather than because I want to see the best MWs in the world fight. That would completely contradict everything I’ve ever said but throw it out there

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    So much ado about jabs vs. power shots, as if jabs were the only thing GGG connected with. Watch the fight again. GGG totally ROCKED Canelo in the later rounds. Only Canelo's granite chin kept him from going down. GGG dominated the first few rounds jabbing from the outside, seemed to be a bit gassed toward the middle, then showed his true grit and rocked Canelo again and again with uppers and power shots. Canelo fans obviously will cling to the body shots of Canelo like drowning people to a lifebuoy, while ignoring the pounding GGG put on Canelo especially in the last part of the fight.

Again... Canelo fans think Canelo won. Boxing fans know GGG won. Every single survey being done bears it out. Simple as that.
    You’re just a fan right? Not someone who hates Canelo right? Neutral and impartial right?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You’re just a fan right? Not someone who hates Canelo right? Neutral and impartial right?

Ok, so substract 0.0000001% of the vote.

Makes a big difference right? Skews the voting results right? Makes a difference in what the vast majority thinks right?

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you support one fighter does not mean that you can not judge a fight fairly.

I think Titofan can judge a fight as impartially as any one of us.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you support one fighter does not mean that you can not judge a fight fairly.

I think Titofan can judge a fight as impartially as any one of us.

No it's ok. Let's take my vote out of it. That'll take the universal opinion down from 75% to 74.9999999%.

Now the decision looks soooo much better.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You all still don’t get it. The decision was fine. By the 8th round we knew some people were going to be pi$$ed. The Canelo fans or the GGG fans. Why, because it was nip and tuck. Since I didn’t have a horse in the fight I get to simply sit back and think higher of each fighter than I did before the fight. After a great fight fight fans should be happy.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think you're the one who doesn't get it. Enjoying a fight and disagreeing with the decision are two mutually exclusive things. One doesn't depend on the other. It was a good fight. Canelo came to fight this time. But in the opinion of myself (oh wait.... my opinion doesn't count) and MANY boxing experts, GGG clearly won or it was a draw at best. Not one boxing sportswriter in one posted survey thought Canelo won. Even one from a Mexican paper thought it was a draw. So I'm afraid your argument that we "just don't get it" falls flat on its face.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have to be the one guy who hasn't seen the fight yet. But judging by the RBR..awesome input..and media talk both guys fought their arses off and at the end of the day that's all you can really ask for. Well and a just decision, but I'll reserve judgement .

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I have to be the one guy who hasn't seen the fight yet. But judging by the RBR..awesome input..and media talk both guys fought their arses off and at the end of the day that's all you can really ask for. Well and a just decision, but I'll reserve judgement .
    Its a really great fight.. Definently watch it when you can... Wouldn't be as cool as seeing it live but wotever... I think this time it was certainly worth the 85 Canadian quids and I'm half jew when it comes to money :S. Draw would have been the fairest result for all the effort both geezers put in.

Thread Information