Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How was slavery Justified by Americans in deep south at the time?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How was slavery Justified by Americans in deep south at the time?

To the original question, they justified it as it was the status quo. Slaves were viewed as a commodity, property.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Interesting stuff, @SlimTrae

Who do they blame for slavery in American schools (the history lessons)? Is it different depending on what part of America you live?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    To the original question, they justified it as it was the status quo. Slaves were viewed as a commodity, property.
    That plus I'm certain at the time blacks like indians before them were seen as being of lower stock by many. And I'm sure that helped the ability to dehumanize them and commit such heinous acts....yet there were slave owners of different races too and I assume they'd be just as bad.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

White supremacists would be more than happy if we were back in chains. That's why I laugh at the term "White guilt"

White supremacists feel no guilt about the past and how they benefit from it. They enjoy the doings of the past because of the power it gives them. White man’s burden is fking a myth. White guilt is a fking myth.

If white guilt ruled the behavior of whites, black people would not be getting educational and employment racism, massive incarceration, police brutality, inferior quality food and lead-contaminated water, and inadequate medical care

As for these slavery and these slave movies ?

Whites enjoy watching black misery.

They love it.

These type of stories are palpable to white audiences because they like seeing images of Black people being brutalized.

They love it.

Hollywood is an extension of the white supremacy system and they are determined to portray blacks as inferior, helpless and hopelessly violent. These "Let's got watch black people get their assed kicked for two hours" films are all the fashion now.

Even when you look at the authors who get awards for writing about black misery (Toni Morrison’s novels), and the blacks who get awards for portraying black degradation in film (the movie ‘Precious’ and “Training Day” and “Monster’s Ball”)

• I know of black college graduates who cannot find work, even at temp agencies where whites use code words to keep from hiring black people.
    • I know of young black, college-educated females who are cleaning white women’s houses because there are no jobs for them.
    • I know of a young black female who posed as a white female on the Monster Jobs website and got a ton of offers but no offers when it was known she was black.
    • Blacks are being incarcerated in prisons all over,
    • Blacks are working for buttons an hour (modern day slavery).
    • Black schools are closing.
    • Blacks are being pushed out of major urban centers.
    • Black poverty is rising at an astronomical rate

And that's the thing white ppl love this. That's fun for them. Yeah having money, jobs and nice houses, everyone kissing their ass. That's the spoils of war.

But the real fun of white supremacy / racism. The real fun ? That comes in harming black people and that harm can come physically (The police and criminal justice system) or economical or socially.

And by the way. Black people have no friends. That's why I hate the term "People of color"

Everyone is against black people.

It's World Vs Black people
    Last edited by Denilson-The-Comeback; 06-29-2019 at 04:01 AM.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Denilson-The-Comeback View Post
    White supremacists would be more than happy if we were back in chains. That's why I laugh at the term "White guilt"

White supremacists feel no guilt about the past and how they benefit from it. They enjoy the doings of the past because of the power it gives them. White man’s burden is fking a myth. White guilt is a fking myth.

If white guilt ruled the behavior of whites, black people would not be getting educational and employment racism, massive incarceration, police brutality, inferior quality food and lead-contaminated water, and inadequate medical care

As for these slavery and these slave movies ?

Whites enjoy watching black misery.

They love it.

These type of stories are palpable to white audiences because they like seeing images of Black people being brutalized.

They love it.

Hollywood is an extension of the white supremacy system and they are determined to portray blacks as inferior, helpless and hopelessly violent. These "Let's got watch black people get their assed kicked for two hours" films are all the fashion now.

Even when you look at the authors who get awards for writing about black misery (Toni Morrison’s novels), and the blacks who get awards for portraying black degradation in film (the movie ‘Precious’ and “Training Day” and “Monster’s Ball”)

• I know of black college graduates who cannot find work, even at temp agencies where whites use code words to keep from hiring black people.
    • I know of young black, college-educated females who are cleaning white women’s houses because there are no jobs for them.
    • I know of a young black female who posed as a white female on the Monster Jobs website and got a ton of offers but no offers when it was known she was black.
    • Blacks are being incarcerated in prisons all over,
    • Blacks are working for buttons an hour (modern day slavery).
    • Black schools are closing.
    • Blacks are being pushed out of major urban centers.
    • Black poverty is rising at an astronomical rate

And that's the thing white ppl love this. That's fun for them. Yeah having money, jobs and nice houses, everyone kissing their ass. That's the spoils of war.

But the real fun of white supremacy / racism. The real fun ? That comes in harming black people and that harm can come physically (The police and criminal justice system) or economical or socially.

And by the way. Black people have no friends. That's why I hate the term "People of color"

Everyone is against black people.

It's World Vs Black people
    Oh fuck you are deluded. You think blacks are the only ones who got screwed over. White immigrants getting off the boat in the US all got racist bullshit. My grandfather couldn’t get a job in Boston. There were signs in windows saying Irish need not apply. The Klan went after Catholics. Every group of immigrants, Irish, Italian (the list goes on) got screwed over. It’s blacks against the world. Go spend some time in Afghanistan see how people are treated. You are fake, talk all this shit but smile at the White man wnd shake his hand. Were you in prison? Honestly your words sound like you did ten years listening to all that bullshit. Blaming everyone else for your own failures. I was called cracker by black kids before I was ten. Seven year old kids already racist. You are a failure by your own accord. Slavery was and is stupid. People here are asking how “white Christians” justified slavery. Give me a break. People do what people do. Muslims today keep slaves, how do Muslims today justify all this violence, because they are fucked up. A bunch of white people are fucked up. You are fucked up. The sooner you realize that the quicker you can get over your self hatred.
    You are full of shit with the bullet points of all the people you “know” you don’t know shit. I still think you may be an old white guy hunched over his 1990’s desk top laughing. You are a parody. It’s funny how some people here jump on any perceived “racial” shit from whites but let this racist drone on and on. This denilson May be one of the more deranged people here. If he was in the US he would be benefiting from slavery. The White House was built by slavery you idiot. White mans burden you say, fuck off we are trying to deal with the burdens of today. Not sitting around counting the ways we got fucked. I wish spell check would stop fixing my swears
    Last edited by walrus; 06-29-2019 at 04:44 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Oh fuck you are deluded. You think blacks are the only ones who got screwed over. White immigrants getting off the boat in the US. My grandfather couldn’t get a job in Boston. There were signs in windows saying Irish need not apply
    What you leave out is that the Irish got to where they are because of racism.

• The Irish did not suffer from hundreds of years of slavery - Because they were White.
    • The Irish could vote by the 1860s, not the 1960s – Because they were White.
    • The Irish qualified for the Homestead Act, the G.I. Bill and FHA loans – Because they were White.
    • The Irish could live in nice neighbourhoods and go to nice schools – Because they were White.

Not everyone in the US saw them as fully White. But by the late 1800s, Whiteness in the US had been enlarged to include them and when the Irish first came to the USA in large numbers (in the 1800's) they had had almost no experience with blacks.

But after a short time in the states the Irish were rioting against blacks (as with the New York draft riots during the Civil War) and joining in the barring of blacks from labor unions, opposing school desegregation, and seeking to become white by assimilating to the white WASP system that was firmly in place.

The Irish joined the club of whiteness to the max.

Yes the Irish suffered and many never owned slaves. But whatever stereotypes they may have had then does not impact you now.

If you fill out a job application TODAY : No one cares if you are of Irish background.

• No one follows you around in the store.
    • No one assumes you are lazy.
    • No one assumes your child-like and can’t take care of yourself.
    • No one assumes you're criminal.
    • No one tells you are so much better off in America so you should be glad your ancestors were slaves.
    • No one acts like they did you a favor or saved you from a backwardness.
    • No one displays your human reminds as primitive until the late 70s.
    • You don't have to radically change/permanently alter a feature of your body to become accepted or get employment (like hair for example).

You're just another white person.

The same cannot be said for a black person. And how does this relates to slavery ?

The stereotypes were created during slavery as an excuse for enslaving blacks (we are childlike and need guidance, can’t take of ourselves need white help/masters, black women are sex-hungry, baby making machines to explain all the mixed children running around).

Or they were created after slavery to keep whites at the top and blacks at the bottom.

These stereotypes of blacks are to this day are still widely held and even defended by white folks and a few misguided blacks.

None of them are new. They are very old and they are based in slavery and it’s immediate aftermath.

Go spend some time in Afghanistan see how people are treated. You are fake, talk all this shit but smile at the White man wnd shake his hand. Were you in prison?
    The past, present and future of Black ppl concern me most. And in that history whites are and have been the main evil. That is just how it is. I did not create the world I find myself in. If I were Darfuri, no doubt I would write about the Arabic-speaking Sudanese. If I were Palestinian, it would be the Israelis and by the way most of the problems in Afghanistan is part of the system of white supremacy.

I was called cracker by black kids before I was ten. Seven year old kids already racist.
    I always saw the terms honky or cracker as proof of how much more potent white racism is than black racism. When a group of people has little power over you, they don’t get to define the terms of your existence, they can’t limit your opportunities, and you needn’t worry much about the use of a slur to describe you, since, in all likelihood, the slur is as far as it’s going to go.

What are they going to do next: deny you a bank loan? Yeah, right. It's power and position that gives a racial slur its bite. But black people are well aware that the slurs used against us are the tip of the iceberg.

Black ppl don't have that power towards whites that's why slurs against whites like cracker or honky seem more juvenile than truly offensive

You are a failure by your own accord.
    Thank you

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Slavery was and is stupid.
    It wasn't stupid at all. Many companies that you use benefitted from it

AIG – bought American General Financial which owns US Life Insurance Company. US Life used to insure the lives of slaves.

Aetna insured the lives of slaves in the 1850s.

Bank of America – grew in part out of the Bank of Metropolis, which accepted slaves as collateral.

Harvard Law School – endowed with money from Isaac Royall, an Antiguan slave owner and sugar grower.

JP Morgan Chase – made a fortune from the slave trade.

Princeton – raised money and recruited students from rich, slave-owning families in the South and the Caribbean. Princeton was not alone in hitting up slave owners and traders for money and students. So did:

Wells Fargo – Georgia Railroad & Banking Company and the Bank of Charleston owned or accepted slaves as collateral. They later became part of Wells Fargo by way of Wachovia. (In the 2000s Wells Fargo targeted blacks for predatory lending.)

Yale University – money from slave trading went to its first endowed scholarships, professorship and library.

Universities not only sought and accepted money from slave owners and traders, they helped to create scientific racism.

Tiffany’s – founded with profits from a cotton mill in Connecticut that processed slave-grown cotton.

All these companies (and many more) need to put monies aside to reimburse Black Americans for the free labor they did.

Not to mention the rape, torture, kidnapping, depriving education, thievery, family displacement, lynchings and murder, all crimes against humanity.

The US knows slavery impacted every corner of the world. This is why they don’t talk about reparations for Blacks but gave reparations to the Jews for the Holocaust, This is what MLK talked about before he was murdered by the US.

Black Slaves built the White House. Everything that’s worth talking about in US history leads to “you guessed it” SLAVERY! With that being said, Yes these companies need to pay if the company is worth 10 billion, then that company should pay 40% of that 10 billion and the US government should match every dime from each company.

The sooner you realize that the quicker you can get over your self hatred.
    No self hatred with me.
    Last edited by Denilson-The-Comeback; 06-29-2019 at 05:28 AM.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So big D. You benefit from slavery today? Do you like the Beatles big D or are they too white

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Denilson-The-Comeback View Post
    Slavery was and is stupid.
    It wasn't stupid at all. Many companies that you use benefitted from it

AIG – bought American General Financial which owns US Life Insurance Company. US Life used to insure the lives of slaves.

Aetna insured the lives of slaves in the 1850s.

Bank of America – grew in part out of the Bank of Metropolis, which accepted slaves as collateral.

Harvard Law School – endowed with money from Isaac Royall, an Antiguan slave owner and sugar grower.

JP Morgan Chase – made a fortune from the slave trade.

Princeton – raised money and recruited students from rich, slave-owning families in the South and the Caribbean. Princeton was not alone in hitting up slave owners and traders for money and students. So did:

Wells Fargo – Georgia Railroad & Banking Company and the Bank of Charleston owned or accepted slaves as collateral. They later became part of Wells Fargo by way of Wachovia. (In the 2000s Wells Fargo targeted blacks for predatory lending.)

Yale University – money from slave trading went to its first endowed scholarships, professorship and library.

Universities not only sought and accepted money from slave owners and traders, they helped to create scientific racism.

Tiffany’s – founded with profits from a cotton mill in Connecticut that processed slave-grown cotton.

All these companies (and many more) need to put monies aside to reimburse Black Americans for the free labor they did.

Not to mention the rape, torture, kidnapping, depriving education, thievery, family displacement, lynchings and murder, all crimes against humanity.

The US knows slavery impacted every corner of the world. This is why they don’t talk about reparations for Blacks but gave reparations to the Jews for the Holocaust, This is what MLK talked about before he was murdered by the US.

Black Slaves built the White House. Everything that’s worth talking about in US history leads to “you guessed it” SLAVERY! With that being said, Yes these companies need to pay if the company is worth 10 billion, then that company should pay 40% of that 10 billion and the US government should match every dime from each company.

The sooner you realize that the quicker you can get over your self hatred.
    No self hatred with me.
    Give me free shit make it better.

El Kabong Guest

I love how it's never "let's fix the slavery of today" it's always "let's right the wrongs of waaaaay long ago".

How far back do we go Denilson? Why that far back and not farther?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes, I think Egypt should pay reparations because the pyramids were built by slave labour in 6000BC

If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    Yes, I think Egypt should pay reparations because the pyramids were built by slave labour in 6000BC

I thought the pyramids were built by paid workers.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I watched something about that recently, they have found fairly sophisticated tombs and dwellings for some of the workers on the pyramids, they were buried with jewelry and nice things etc. Im sure many were slaves, but the things couldnt have been built if that was all of them. What did you really need money for in ancient Egypt anyways, if you had the basic needs met... oh I guess whores, but maybe there were plenty of workers like @walrus around who would take it in exchange for nicely shaped rocks you could find in the sand. I wonder if he watched the same documentary I did and meant to like your post but as usual was to fucking retarded to perform a basic task.
    Last edited by p4pking; 06-30-2019 at 08:01 PM.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I watched something about that recently, they have found fairly sophisticated tombs and dwellings for some of the workers on the pyramids, they were buried with jewelry and nice things etc. Im sure many were slaves, but the things couldnt have been built if that was all of them. What did you really need money for in ancient Egypt anyways, if you had the basic needs met... oh I guess whores, but maybe there were plenty of workers like @walrus around who would take it in exchange for nicely shaped rocks you could find in the sand. I wonder if he watched the same documentary I did and meant to like your post but as usual was to fucking retarded to perform a basic task.
    I know fuck all about diamonds. Gold is having a good year though

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by X View Post

I thought the pyramids were built by paid workers.
    Nope it was jewish slaves.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Thread Information