Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you be pissed of if De La Hoya gets a shot at Tony ?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Would you be pissed of if De La Hoya gets a shot at Tony ?

Personally I dont want to see Oscar in any more high profile fights but if he were to get a shot at Tony would you be pissed of or would you look forward to it ? It would be a great send off if he won but I think Tony would have too much for him.

10 miles from Manchester, 6 miles from Bolton
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Would you be pissed of if De La Hoya gets a shot at Tony ?

It would be a good way for ODLH to finish his career, especially if he won but I think the risks for him are too great so he'll take Pacman, an easier fight for less money

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

De La Hoya doesn't "get a shot" at anyone, his opponents get the shot at him. And I'd hope anyone who likes to watch boxing would look forward to the fight if it were to happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

After all , IMO Margaro deserve the Shot , probably doesnt represent the Purse that Oscar would want , but Oscar before commented that would like to face the winner between both , so now is avoiding this shot ....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hughesd View Post
    Personally I dont want to see Oscar in any more high profile fights but if he were to get a shot at Tony would you be pissed of or would you look forward to it ? It would be a great send off if he won but I think Tony would have too much for him.
    I'm not an OScar fan but with Oscar Size and smarts he will outbox Margo.
    He just have to watch Cotto vs Margarito and there is a blue print on how to fight Margo. Just forget in going with the KO like Cotto did, that could get you tired and if you are not Trinidad or Hearns that chin will not Yield( that is Margos biggest asset) He trainds to throw everything since he doesn't get tired because he doesn't move or dodge punches, his chin will hold on (lucky bastard was born with that mutation) .

Oscar just have to do what he did to Tito. in the first half of the rounds.
    Last edited by Puya; 08-11-2008 at 04:54 PM.
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What world are you from? Oscar getting "a shot at Tony". Tony would give up first born for a shot at the Golden Boy. Because everyone who follows boxing knows that a fight with Oscar will be the biggest pay check in your entire career.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Like it or not Oscar calls the shots. Anyone would want to fight him as it will represent their biggest purse in their career. Marg has earned the right to fight Oscar and it probably will be at light middle where at least it will be more competitive. Marg still wins as Oscar will gas out, he is not seasoned and active anymore.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    De La Hoya doesn't "get a shot" at anyone, his opponents get the shot at him. And I'd hope anyone who likes to watch boxing would look forward to the fight if it were to happen.
    That's pretty much the way it is

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Margarito deserves the money, if Oscar has the guts to fight him then give Margo his fair share and no one complain about the fight happening.
    IMO it's the only real fight DLH can make, all this talk of DLH V Pac is BS, give us a real fight! DLH V Margarito...bring it on Oscar if you dare!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by lance Uppercut View Post
    What world are you from? Oscar getting "a shot at Tony". Tony would give up first born for a shot at the Golden Boy. Because everyone who follows boxing knows that a fight with Oscar will be the biggest pay check in your entire career.
    No offence but I think that he means Oscar getting a shot at Margs WW title.

Personally I would love to see this fight. I think Oscar would beat Tony by UD. I just don't see the fight materialising

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

rjj tszyu you normally talk sense but can you honestly see Oscar kill himself to make 147lb and then take on and beat a seasoned Marg who has just stopped Cintron and Cotto. No chance, 7 years ago yes but not now!
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope De La Hoya fights Margarito cos at least then he is picking on someone his own size and will get chinned.

Talks of a fight with Pacman are just a cynical joke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Smile Re: Would you be pissed of if De La Hoya gets a shot at Tony ?

It would be a great fight. Margarito has definitely earned it.

In the end, it's all up to the Golden Boy... And, unfortunately, it looks like an easy decision:
    1) fight the top active Welterweight. If he wins, he gets massive respect and glory. If he loses, then he ends on a bad note and will grudgingly pass the torch to Margarito [the torch he earned by beating JCC ].
    or
    2) fight the #1 p4p fighter in the sport. If he wins and he 99.9% probably will win, then he gets an easy victory, way more money than Marg, lots of media attention, lots of attention from the casual boxing fan. The only question is how will the casual fan react once they see the size difference in the ring on fight night?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    rjj tszyu you normally talk sense but can you honestly see Oscar kill himself to make 147lb and then take on and beat a seasoned Marg who has just stopped Cintron and Cotto. No chance, 7 years ago yes but not now!
    I know what your saying master but Oscar weighed in at 150 for his last fight. Ok he didn't look great but he made it and never looked in trouble. He IMO can only look better as he shrinks his body back down slowly. And finally yes I can see him beating Marg as long as he boxes him for the full 12 rounds and doesn't try to go out on some macho hispanic note.

1 thing I'll say is........ Never underestimate Oscar De La Hoya..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed...Oscar should have used his last fight as a send off.

I honestly believe that Tony would be tuff on Oscar...it won't be a career defining fight/win for Oscar...it'd be a career defining beat down, IWHO.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Thread Information