Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Floyd - "calzaghe is one of the best boxers I have ever seen"

"Fight with Hatton won't do nothing for my legacy. My legacy is already solidified, it's already stamped. I'm fighting because I'm a businessman. The price is right, so let's make it happen," Mayweather said. "Before I leave I want to beat the best British fighter out there, or one of them. Calzaghe's the best British fighter - probably one of the best I've ever seen."

To me calzaghe is already one of the best fighters of this era homecourt or no homecourt advantage staying undefeated for over 10 years and fighting all the available fighters in his division can only be achieved by an extraordinary fighter.
    "Very few people really understand what it means to be a fighter. I hate it when I hear someone say, 'That fighter doesn't have guts. I hate that, I don't care if you're a world champion six times over or a four-round fighter, to step inside that ring, you have to have guts" Oscar De La Hoya

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd - "calzaghe is one of the best boxers I have ever seen"

Quote Originally Posted by chamiley
    "Fight with Hatton won't do nothing for my legacy. My legacy is already solidified, it's already stamped. I'm fighting because I'm a businessman. The price is right, so let's make it happen," Mayweather said. "Before I leave I want to beat the best British fighter out there, or one of them. Calzaghe's the best British fighter - probably one of the best I've ever seen."

To me calzaghe is already one of the best fighters of this era homecourt or no homecourt advantage staying undefeated for over 10 years and fighting all the available fighters in his division can only be achieved by an extraordinary fighter.
    Joe is a great fighter, is one of the most talented fighters of this era no doubt. But he has not fought all the available competition really. I mean it may not have been his fault but there were and are a lot of guys out there who he has not fought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He meant one of the best British fighters he's ever seen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nium is right, Floyd clearly meant in terms of British fighters.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Joe is one of the best fighters ive seen " ( quote Floyd )

Well i had to say i gave Hatton no chance ,but if Floyds vision is that bad Hatton really is in with a shout lol
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by eagle
    Quote Originally Posted by chamiley

Joe is a great fighter, is one of the most talented fighters of this era no doubt. But he has not fought all the available competition really. I mean it may not have been his fault but there were and are a lot of guys out there who he has not fought.
    OTTKE bottled out boxing him. that said beating a bum like ottke wouldnt have proved nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joe is in the twilight of his career.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Listen Up, Kids....

Calzaghe may not have lived up to his potential but he IS an all time great British fighter and could well have been an all time great in another era.....

He is the only man since WWII to have won THREE ABA Titles in THREE Weights in THREE Years which is an incredible achievement. He's also undefeated in over 20 years of fighting and 14 years of pro fighting.

Calzaghe deserves EVERYONES respect. I don't care where you're from....
    I'm never drinking again (I am a liar)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by taansend
    Listen Up, Kids....

Calzaghe may not have lived up to his potential but he IS an all time great British fighter and could well have been an all time great in another era.....

He is the only man since WWII to have won THREE ABA Titles in THREE Weights in THREE Years which is an incredible achievement. He's also undefeated in over 20 years of fighting and 14 years of pro fighting.

Calzaghe deserves EVERYONES respect. I don't care where you're from....
    I'm from the United States of Gotdam Uh-Mur-Ree-kuh!!! Where the fwock are you from!!!! Where I'm from we hunt down weak wussies like Calzaghe for breakfast, cook 'em up in a stew, let dem sumbitches simmer on low, den we salt dem fools, & den smother 'em in hot sauce...den we eat 'em!!!

**That being said...I totally agree...& that was very well put. Doubters are going to be singing like a snitch busted in the dope game.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by sexydarin
    Joe is in the twilight of his career.
    Doesn't matter.

While Joe was in the twilight of his career...he took out one of the most promising contenders of 168lbs...the same one that everyone called an overratted one trick pony afterwards.

As much as I like Kessler...Joe will do the same thing come November the 3rd, 2007...it's a crying shame that people can be so gotdam blind.

Win, lose, or draw...Joe has cemented his name as one of the greatest at 168lbs.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm rooting for joe, I think it will be a lacy like fight
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good to hear Floyd compliment another fighter for a change but I can t help but think it was taking an indirect shot at Ricky by saying Joe the best British fighter .

Im certain Floyd isnt serious about a Joe fight . If he is I cant see anyway he wins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like how when Lacy was challenging joe, everyone said he was gonna wup him - then when he lost everyone sais he was overrated. Now everyone says kessler is gonna beat joe - are they gonna say the same thing about him when joe sends him to the floor??

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lets remember one thing, as good as mayweather may be he knows nothing about rating other fighters

his supposed future hall of famer got DOMINATED by my man edner cherry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joe is the best british boxer of all time, his career as a champion proves that. Hope he continues this with afew more super fights

Thread Information