Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: In retrospect Floyds win over Oscar was better than Cotto's over Shane.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default In retrospect Floyds win over Oscar was better than Cotto's over Shane.

I think he fact that Floyd fought Oscar at 154 and beat him, looks better than Cotto beating a Shane who is further past it then first thought.

Shane still has a great chin and amazing power but no longer boxes, Shane seems happy to try to knock his opponents out.

Delahoya however cann box still (Mayweater/ Forbes) or knock an opponent out (Mayorga) i think the difference in this instance has been peoples pereption of the fighters.

Mayweather/ Oscar are hated so any fight involving these too is looked upon in a negative light Cotto/ Sugar Shane are loved so this fight is looked at in a positive light!

But when you look at this objectively in my opinion a win over this Delahoya means a lot more than a win over this new one dimensional Shane.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: In retrospect Floyds win over Oscar was better than Cotto's over Shane.

I duno cuz alot of people thought Oscar beat Floyd. We saw what Oscar has left vs Forbes and we saw what Berto did to the same guy last night so hes on that level .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: In retrospect Floyds win over Oscar was better than Cotto's over Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    I duno cuz alot of people thought Oscar beat Floyd. We saw what Oscar has left vs Forbes and we saw what Berto did to the same guy last night so hes on that level .
    The Floyd Oscar fight was pretty clear in my opinion.

there is no doubt in my mind that both Oscar and Shane have slipped that's not my debate, my opinion is that people though Oscar had slipped a lot more than Shane but after watching Oscars last two fights and Shane's it seems Shane has slipped more than Oscar. Shane's style has changed completely whilst Oscar now just stamina problems.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by piye View Post

there is no doubt in my mind that both Oscar and Shane have slipped that's not my debate, my opinion is that people though Oscar had slipped a lot more than Shane but after watching Oscars last two fights and Shane's it seems Shane has slipped more than Oscar. Shane's style has changed completely whilst Oscar now just stamina problems.
    Good points but also styles make fighst and Shane showed vs Collazzo he can still box. He decided for whatever reason to stand with Mayorga , maybe it was pride cuz he said he would . . . and it worked . He was ahead on the cards when he knokced him clean out

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good points but also styles make fighst and Shane showed vs Collazzo he can still box. He decided for whatever reason to stand with Mayorga , maybe it was pride cuz he said he would . . . and it worked . He was ahead on the cards when he knokced him clean out
    True.

ICB Guest

To be honest i thought ODLH beat Steve Forbes more clearly than Andre Berto beat Steve Forbes, Andre Berto lost 4 rounds against Forbes IMO. And was getting countered and was made to miss alot of punches.

I would love to know these people that thought ODLH beat Mayweather, because the only way people would think that, is if they had ODLH winning by a big lead after 9 rounds which is ridiculous.

Mayweather landed the cleaner more effective punches, ODLH tried to do what Mayorga did last night against Mosley. And thats throw flurries and try to fool the judges that there landing and effective, which they aren't.

I had Mayweather the clear winner over ODLH by 3 or 4 rounds, the only people who thought ODLH beat Mayweather are Mayweather haters.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he fact that Floyd fought Oscar at 154 and beat him, looks better than Cotto beating a Shane who is further past it then first thought.

Shane still has a great chin and amazing power but no longer boxes, Shane seems happy to try to knock his opponents out.

Delahoya however cann box still (Mayweater/ Forbes) or knock an opponent out (Mayorga) i think the difference in this instance has been peoples pereption of the fighters.

Mayweather/ Oscar are hated so any fight involving these too is looked upon in a negative light Cotto/ Sugar Shane are loved so this fight is looked at in a positive light!

But when you look at this objectively in my opinion a win over this Delahoya means a lot more than a win over this new one dimensional Shane.
    Its wrong to use the term retrospect because the Oscar/ Floyd fight was 18 months ago. Oscar has looked worse since and has been picking on smaller guys at an exponential rate.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shocked when I saw this wasn't by Taeth. Looked like one of his.

Anyway, that's probably right and I'm not sure I ever thought his win over Shane was better. It was right up there though.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    To be honest i thought ODLH beat Steve Forbes more clearly than Andre Berto beat Steve Forbes, Andre Berto lost 4 rounds against Forbes IMO. And was getting countered and was made to miss alot of punches.

I would love to know these people that thought ODLH beat Mayweather, because the only way people would think that, is if they had ODLH winning by a big lead after 9 rounds which is ridiculous.

Mayweather landed the cleaner more effective punches, ODLH tried to do what Mayorga did last night against Mosley. And thats throw flurries and try to fool the judges that there landing and effective, which they aren't.

I had Mayweather the clear winner over ODLH by 3 or 4 rounds, the only people who thought ODLH beat Mayweather are Mayweather haters.
    I watched that fight again about a week ago, and I had Mayweather winning by an even wider margin.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post

i'm no Mayweather hater and i thought Floyd won by one at most 2 rounds, my actual score was 115-113 Mayweather, the fight was close and dude, don't ever compare DLH and Mayorga together, not even fucking close

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had Oscar winning by a small margin midway through, but, the second half of the fight was all Mayweather. I don't see how anyone could've had Oscar winning that fight.

But to answer the original question, I think Floyd beating Oscar is a bigger deal because Floyd fought out of his weight class while Cotto vs Mosley was two fighters in the same one.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd's win was much more impressive than Cotto's over Shane, and I always felt that way.

Everyone tries to downplay PBF's win over De La Hoya. "Oscar is washed up". HOW? Its no prime De La Hoya, but he's still incredibly fast, incredibly heavy handed and had a HUGE size advantage over Floyd.

People can call that fight boring, but it was a complete master class in the science of boxing. Floyd blocked and made Oscar miss all night, while he operated like a surgeon offensively. Floyd won that fight definitively and the fact that some believe ODLH won is a testament to how bias can hamper basic common sense.

People forget that before his two sensational KOs over the ghost of Fernando Vargas, people were saying that Mosley was done and needed to retire, so this is nothing new. Cotto and Mosley are relatively the same size as well, unlike Floyd and DLH.

Thread Information