Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is it Frotch or Frock?

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Donny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    And he has a point regarding that list, he beat/fought much stronger competition than most of that list.
    Absolutely.

Froch could never be accused of ducking anyone, because he was/is, genuinely convinced that he could beat everyone.
    Sorry, I’ve got to take issue with that. He refused to entertain the idea of fighting DeGale , (mandatory at the time) Ward, Golovkin , and insisted that he would only fight Chavez in Vegas . When that didn’t materialise, he duly retired.
    And to cap it all, 3 days AFTER retiring , he goes on Twitter with a picture of his exposed torso and says “too big and tough for GGG!”
    FACT
    That was at the end of his career and he was trying to make some big money before retiring. Joe Calzaghe did the same type of thing and should not be penalised for that.
    Nah, bollocks mate. If you’re coming to the end of your career and want to make some big dosh, great! But you cannot wear that “never ducked anyone” badge.
    And besides, after Groves 2, the money he would’ve made fighting DeGale , GGG or Ward, would not be any less than he woulda got for fighting Chavez.
    It’s just that Chavez was the easier fight. So DO NOT give me any of that “fight anyone” bollocks.
    The fact that he did not fight anyone after Groves demonstrates that he did not duck anyone as he did not fight again. If he did take on Chavez then you could say he ducked De Gale, Ward, GGG et al but he did not.
    He didn’t fight because they couldn’t make the Chavez fight. They could’ve made the other fights but they never BECAUSE HE DIDN’T WANT THEM! How the fuck is that not a duck?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And he has a point regarding that list, he beat/fought much stronger competition than most of that list.
    Absolutely.

Froch could never be accused of ducking anyone, because he was/is, genuinely convinced that he could beat everyone.
    Sorry, I’ve got to take issue with that. He refused to entertain the idea of fighting DeGale , (mandatory at the time) Ward, Golovkin , and insisted that he would only fight Chavez in Vegas . When that didn’t materialise, he duly retired.
    And to cap it all, 3 days AFTER retiring , he goes on Twitter with a picture of his exposed torso and says “too big and tough for GGG!”
    FACT
    That was at the end of his career and he was trying to make some big money before retiring. Joe Calzaghe did the same type of thing and should not be penalised for that.
    Nah, bollocks mate. If you’re coming to the end of your career and want to make some big dosh, great! But you cannot wear that “never ducked anyone” badge.
    And besides, after Groves 2, the money he would’ve made fighting DeGale , GGG or Ward, would not be any less than he woulda got for fighting Chavez.
    It’s just that Chavez was the easier fight. So DO NOT give me any of that “fight anyone” bollocks.
    The fact that he did not fight anyone after Groves demonstrates that he did not duck anyone as he did not fight again. If he did take on Chavez then you could say he ducked De Gale, Ward, GGG et al but he did not.
    He didn’t fight because they couldn’t make the Chavez fight. They could’ve made the other fights but they never BECAUSE HE DIDN’T WANT THEM! How the fuck is that not a duck?
    If they could have made fights against Ward (over here), or GGG then they would have. You assume it was Froch fault and therefore he ducked them but you know it takes 2 to tango. Froch retired so give the man a break it was at the end of his career and he has shown he would have taken on anyone and everyone if he still wanted to carry on boxing but he did not.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This forum has always been more American-centric than British. Speaking of Froch, 90% of the forum had zero interest until he rocked up in America to get mullered by Taylor. Like every British fighter those days he was a "bum," "protected," "padded Euro record." And he has a point regarding that list, he beat/fought much stronger competition than most of that list.
    I always felt this forum was British centric, to be honest with you. But you are right, no one cared about Froch until he beat Taylor.

But his fight with Jean Pascal is a CLASSIC shoot out.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Denilson3.0 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    How do you properly pronouce Carl Froch's last name, is it Frotch as in crotch, or is it Frock as in cock?
    Frotch
    Next question: What the fuck is a Froch? lolol... Like, I know what a "William-son" is and a "John-son" is but what the fuck is a Froch?
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Absolutely.

FACT
    If they could have made fights against Ward (over here), or GGG then they would have. You assume it was Froch fault and therefore he ducked them but you know it takes 2 to tango. Froch retired so give the man a break it was at the end of his career and he has shown he would have taken on anyone and everyone if he still wanted to carry on boxing but he did not.
    I don’t know if you’re deluded, blinkered, brainwashed, or just flat out taking the piss. I have HEARD FROCH SAY FROM HIS OWN MOUTH, that he didn’t want to fight all 3!
    DeGale - “he didn’t feel he’d earnt it.” HE WAS MANDATORY!
    Ward - he “didn’t like his style of fighting” ok Carl. and you say if he could’ve got Ward over here, well:
    a.) he probably could’ve. And
    b.) He wanted Chavez in Vegas, but not Ward? Hmmmm.
    c.) He felt GGG “was too small.” Ok, well prove it and smash him up then! As for getting GGG over here, well he came for Kell Brook, so I’m pretty certain he would’ve come over for Froch.
    Come on @Master, you’re making yourself look silly now.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I never was a Froch or Frotch or Frock fan Primo, not because he beat the Quebeckers but because of his big fucking mouth and his dirty style, but I give him credit for fighting everyone. Refusing to fight against Ward, GGG or DeGale before the retirement doesn't count as a duck for me even if he tried to make some easy money against Chavez Jr.
    Ducking at 37 years old, like I said, before the retirement and ducking in your prime are two different things.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by iwng100 View Post
    I never was a Froch or Frotch or Frock fan Primo, not because he beat the Quebeckers but because of his big fucking mouth and his dirty style, but I give him credit for fighting everyone. Refusing to fight against Ward, GGG or DeGale before the retirement doesn't count as a duck for me even if he tried to make some easy money against Chavez Jr.
    Ducking at 37 years old, like I said, before the retirement and ducking in your prime are two different things.
    Amen. Case closed.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I respect your opinion , but if you’re a pro and if you’re a World Champion, I don’t think you get a pass, regardless of age. Especially if you want to make the same massive money .
    A duck is a duck.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I respect your opinion , but if you’re a pro and if you’re a World Champion, I don’t think you get a pass, regardless of age. Especially if you want to make the same massive money .
    A duck is a duck.
    Not if he never fought anyone ever again.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What’s that got to do with anything?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Putting all the history aside, what is the correct pronounciation of his name?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A duck is a duck.
    I respect your opinion too and I agree with many things you said in other threads, different topics, but I think we have to agree to disagree this time.
    Like I said in another post there are very few fighters in the history of this sport who were fighting the best possible opposition until the retirement; the best of this era, Manny and Floyd at 37 years old fought Algieri respectively Maidana ( and he did it twice, imagine that ) and they were still actives. Froch didn't fight anybody after refusing Ward, GGG and DeGale, he retired, we can not consider him active at the time only because he attempted to make a fight with Jr.
    No activity, no duck.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by johnsebastianmiran View Post
    Putting all the history aside, what is the correct pronounciation of his name?
    I guess is Farl Croch.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A duck is a duck.
    I respect your opinion too and I agree with many things you said in other threads, different topics, but I think we have to agree to disagree this time.
    Like I said in another post there are very few fighters in the history of this sport who were fighting the best possible opposition until the retirement; the best of this era, Manny and Floyd at 37 years old fought Algieri respectively Maidana ( and he did it twice, imagine that ) and they were still actives. Froch didn't fight anybody after refusing Ward, GGG and DeGale, he retired, we can not consider him active at the time only because he attempted to make a fight with Jr.
    No activity, no duck.
    Like you said, we’ll have to agree to disagree this time.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They told me CAL-SLAPPY, then I frowned at him for saying that to me because he's a professional and good fighter. But then I saw a collection of Calzaghe fights and he punches fast and volume of punches, but really is true lots of them are slapping kind of slap punches and arm punches.

He looks good and fast but after watching about 7 fights of Calzaghe, it seems he never fought high level competition. And when he did fought RJJ and BHop, they were already an old man.

Thread Information