Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Humans have become ultra-Paranoid via PC

Nowadays, if a person says " so and so will pay a price" its AUTOMATICALLY taken as PROOF that the speaker is a closet mass murderer.

Nowadays, if a person responds insultingly to a harrasser, and that harrasser is either a minority, or disabled or a woman, it is AUTOMATICALLY taken as PROOF of racism or sexism or bias.

Doesn't anyone see how political correctness has destroyed human beings' judgement and self expression?

In addition to the knee-jerk conclusions about the speaker, there is then the slow-creeping trend to Twitter-shame/Slut-shame/Fat-shame/ along the lines of what Korea or China have in their group/Confucian societies.

Wasn't this the free wheeling Western World until recently?

@Gandalf

I am APPALLED by the ~COWARDLINESS~ and the MEDIOCRITY of the whole thing and it is only getting worse.

"WATCH WHAT YOU SAY!" my ASS!

SAY WHATEVER YOU WANT AND TAKE BACK YOUR DIGNITY.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

PC is really bullshit it's down to interpretation, I remember having to go on a course.
    The guy was a obnoxious twat a horrible little individuals, any how he was bitching about the way he was treated in his last job he said he was gay so fucking what.
    Was he persecuted for being gay NO he was a fucking ass hole , but he couldn't see it himself.
    He was a obnoxious and being gay had fuck all to do with it.
    I remember no one liked him, he had a axe to grind a dangerous individual who had a chip on his shoulder.
    Yes he blamed everyone bar himself he was treated just like he treated other people I would say he was a little Cunt.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Humans have become ultra-Paranoid via PC

It's really strange to me. I enjoy irreverance and being able to say anything. Like on the Lou Reed live album Take No Prisoners. It's not a crime to say outlandish, funny, or offensive things and neither should it be. I wouldn't hurt a fly and that's all that matters at the end of the day.

There are also double standards with the PC brigade. Rocco will call Wlad a 'pussy' but then accuse me of being misogynistic! They are batty.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    It's really strange to me. I enjoy irreverance and being able to say anything. Like on the Lou Reed live album Take No Prisoners. It's not a crime to say outlandish, funny, or offensive things and neither should it be. I wouldn't hurt a fly and that's all that matters at the end of the day.

There are also double standards with the PC brigade. Rocco will call Wlad a 'pussy' but then accuse me of being misogynistic! They are batty.
    Miles fuck Rocco mate he's full of shit.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

PC is just being mindful and sensible to others. There is nothing wrong with that and you should get a grip of yourself otherwise the world will pass you by.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    PC is just being mindful and sensible to others. There is nothing wrong with that and you should get a grip of yourself otherwise the world will pass you by.
    Mindful and sensible are CHOICES, we are free to choose. Freedom of choice TRUMPS mindfulness towards others. Every day of the week.

Goverments shouldn't legislate "mindfulness" to us free human beings. Now it doesn't take a genius to avoid the common mistaken logic that asks " oh so mindfulness isn't important to you, then?".

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    There is showing a healthy respect to people on an individual basis and then there is just making excuses to disallow criticism of things that have devastating social, economic and moral consequences. As long as someone can back up what they say on any issue, then it should be a valid addition to the discourse. Instead we pick and choose what is acceptable by in some instances even criminalizing freedom of speech or demonizing those that are doing nothing more than highlighting historical and contemporary facts. For instance, Normal Finkelstein could potentially have been politically correct and just tried to fit in with his peers by ignoring key things such as the amount of money people are making from the Jewish Holocaust or the despicable treatment of Palestine by Israel, but instead he stuck with what he felt was right and paid the price in terms of a routine career. Why on earth should you be 'mindful' and stick your head in the sand? I would argue quite the opposite and say that the politically correct are the ones who should get a grip. Life is passing you by regardless of your stance on political correctness. Sometimes it is more important to say what you really think. Life is too short not to.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

PC Ghey.

Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We are being brainwashed the PC brigade tut tuting, all bull shit it really is ! I find it stupid a perfect World for perfect people what a crock of shit.

Thread Information