Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Andre Berto vs Victor Ortiz..again.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Andre Berto vs Victor Ortiz..again.

Berto and Ortiz i do not think you could even call left overs because of the people they lost to before hand and must under whelming fights with with Mayweather that i have seen almost as much as Pac. I not am sure how big fan base Ortiz and Berto even have at this point to make the money.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeh I'm with consensus as they are doing what fighters do and its a convenient match with some history. Can't fault the either as its Al Haymon just sifting thru the in house recycling bin trying to push winner into another opponent role. Berto should have far more left and did sound pumped and focused in Tuesdays interview. Both were rushed to market early in careers and Berto is the poster child for a guy who's mistakes became a part of his skillset as much as a jab. I'm really not sure the other hand that Ortiz committed himself one hundred percent to the sport and fell in love with a cheesy smile and celebrity. Not to mention his chin is checked with the regularity of a ballot box and has suffered some kittens in his chest.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Yeh I'm with consensus as they are doing what fighters do and its a convenient match with some history. Can't fault the either as its Al Haymon just sifting thru the in house recycling bin trying to push winner into another opponent role. Berto should have far more left and did sound pumped and focused in Tuesdays interview. Both were rushed to market early in careers and Berto is the poster child for a guy who's mistakes became a part of his skillset as much as a jab. I'm really not sure the other hand that Ortiz committed himself one hundred percent to the sport and fell in love with a cheesy smile and celebrity. Not to mention his chin is checked with the regularity of a ballot box and has suffered some kittens in his chest.
    Love the way you write your posts. So true.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

jon09 Guest

Perfect crossroads fight for both and the first fight was pretty damn good. I hope both fighters come in healthy and clean.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This would surprise me if they came in as the old adage says that this is the one more good fight they have left. The only problem is what hapens after to either or both of them after that one good fight left in them.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by johnsebastianmiran View Post
    This would surprise me if they came in as the old adage says that this is the one more good fight they have left. The only problem is what hapens after to either or both of them after that one good fight left in them.
    That's just it. A win win for promotion as winner will surely be in 'name' opponent role. Today a part of me hopes Ortiz can manage a repeat though, he seems to think the welters are not on his level . Pretty dumb pop off for a guy last seen falling ground level in last 3 name type fights.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Evidently Berto called Ortiz a fag for getn too close to his lips in a face off and now must apologize to the entire gay community as well as profess his love for gay people.

I'm not making this up.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Evidently Berto called Ortiz a fag for getn too close to his lips in a face off and now must apologize to the entire gay community as well as profess his love for gay people.

I'm not making this up.
    There's no place in the sport for such intolerance.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well the pc Nazis strike again can not even talk shit for a boxing match are you kidding me. Not to mention why would it matter if he did not like them anyway i mean as long as he not hurting anyone why would we have to make him like something he does not this is the United States.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm excited for this match on Saturday.

I almost want to root for Ortiz. He's just such a fuck up male bimbo scatterbrain that I feel sorry for him.

I like Berto too and he's gotta be the favorite here to stop Victor.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ortiz is a himbo? You fancy him @Hulk

El Kabong Guest

I don't know about you guys but I like the fight, I liked the original Ortiz-Berto matchup and I think this will be a good brawl too regardless of these two guys being afterthoughts in their respective divisions. Sometimes fighters need to have warm up fights, sometimes fighters need to have stay busy fights, but the fans win when those seemingly meaningless fights are exciting and competitive. Remember Gatti-Ward I-III? Those fights were epic, they didn't mean much of anything, but they were big time fun to watch. When boxing is making matchups that are exciting regardless of what's on the line fans will return to the sport. Matches like this have to happen so that the winner will fight a young up and comer or an established contender for another title shot but it's great that the styles mesh up well and the fans will have fun watching the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    Well the pc Nazis strike again can not even talk shit for a boxing match are you kidding me. Not to mention why would it matter if he did not like them anyway i mean as long as he not hurting anyone why would we have to make him like something he does not this is the United States.
    A Blackhawks hockey player was suspended multiple games for calling another player a "fucking fag".....it's absolutely ridiculous

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ortiz is one of those fighters I've always liked. I figure this will be a major fight for him pertaining to his boxing career. Despite my like for him I did write him off a while ago thinking he was gone for boxing. I hope this will be the start of a come back but I won't hold my breath he has put on a number of good fights in the past and came very close to giving Floyd a major headbutt which wouldn't have been cool but it kind of would have been cool. Good luck Vic
    I just put this and the Dawson fight on record as I'll be stuck at work this weekend
    Last edited by walrus; 04-30-2016 at 03:32 AM.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    @walrus has a man crush also on Ortiz.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@walrus has a man crush also on Ortiz.
    You are prob right I have a bromance with Brock Miles Ortiz and Kevin Costner

Thread Information